There are 218 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
I don't know, bro... I think you're just hating at this point. Sometimes you can look too hard to find flaws. You're right, his frame is small, but that's not a reason to take someone off your draft board. You ever seen Tom Brady shirtless? Aaron Rodgers? Matt Stafford?

It is if you want your QB to be healthy. You don't have to take him off your draft board. But to use a high pick on him is ridiculous imo.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:24 PM ]
I know what you're trying to say here... but that argument doesn't hold water. Plenty of big quarterbacks get hurt, too. I'm just saying knocking someone down simply because he lacks broad shoulders is ignorant.
I know what you're trying to say here... but that argument doesn't hold water. Plenty of big quarterbacks get hurt, too. I'm just saying knocking someone down simply because he lacks broad shoulders is ignorant.

Hello, NFL football is a contact sport ... for grown men
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:25 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:

LOL Nice, she's so cute. Anyways, sorry we don't agree. But I think he would be awesome in a flag football league. No joke
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I have a feeling, Johnny will play the roll of Eli Manning, and have a list of teams to not play for....just me though.

I see this too.
Manziel will die of internal bleeding if he plays in the NFL. Watch what happens to the skinny little 5-11 185 lb body. Look at the guys shoulders. It looks like his head is too big for his body.

LOL at GM's that would use a 1st round pick on this little boy.

Those bird legs look easy to break. Look at his small upper body frame.

Every site I've checked has him at 6'0" or 6'1" and 210lbs.

He definitely has what it takes to be a top 5-10 NFL QB. Will he though?

He's not anywhere close to being as douchy as his critics will want you to believe.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

LOL Nice, she's so cute. Anyways, sorry we don't agree. But I think he would be awesome in a flag football league. No joke

This dude's career will be over the second a defender yanks on his junk the way Vernon Davis got yanked...
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/02/vernon-davis-t-j-mcdonald-grabbed-my-groin-wouldnt-let-go/

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Every site I've checked has him at 6'0" or 6'1" and 210lbs.

He definitely has what it takes to be a top 5-10 NFL QB. Will he though?

He's not anywhere close to being as douchy as his critics will want you to believe.

College measurements/10. Rueben Randle was also supposed to be 6'4" and 215 pounds.

I wouldn't be shocked if Manziel goes about 5'11" and 200 pounds. He's got a very slight frame, Wilson looks like a drug-addled bodybuilder compared to him. Does this matter if you're a pocket QB, not nearly as much, but if you're going to be running around, you'd better have some bulk to help you absorb some big hits out in the open. Dan Reeves was on the radio here in Phoenix and he talked about the difference between Vick who he coached, and guys like Kaepernick, Wilson, Newton and Luck is that all the latter were very well built while Vick had a slight frame, he also couldn't figure out how to f**king slide, even after the Falcons hired a baseball player to teach him. Reeves said that because of the build these guys have, they are able to better absorb hits and will likely not be as injury-prone as some of the "running QB's" before them.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM ]
I don't know, bro... I think you're just hating at this point. Sometimes you can look too hard to find flaws. You're right, his frame is small, but that's not a reason to take someone off your draft board. You ever seen Tom Brady shirtless? Aaron Rodgers? Matt Stafford?

It is if you want your QB to be healthy. You don't have to take him off your draft board. But to use a high pick on him is ridiculous imo.

Russell Wilson isn't a big guy and got knocked for his size as well. It's usually a faulty way of evaluating a player.

If I'm Houston I take him 1st overall
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Russell Wilson isn't a big guy and got knocked for his size as well. It's usually a faulty way of evaluating a player.

Except Wilson is built like a f**king tank compared to Manziel.

Wilson is short. This guy is short and skinny with a small frame. With a body like his, how will he absorb hits? how will he come back from injuries? How long will it take for him to heal? There are alot of negatives that come with a player that is physically inferior to his peers.

To use a high pick on Manziel is just crazy imo.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2014 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Except Wilson is built like a f**king tank compared to Manziel.

Wilson's pro success has little to do with his big biceps. A lot more to do with his accuracy, ability to elude defenders, and his quick release. Also guys have been known to bulk up...

Wilson's pro success has little to do with his big biceps. A lot more to do with his accuracy, ability to elude defenders, and his quick release. Also guys have been known to bulk up...

Once again, this goes back to Dan Reeves discussion about why guys like Kaepernick and Wilson will fare better. If you're a running QB, you're going to take a big shot here and there, can't help it and when you're built like Russell Wilson who for all intents and purposes has the size of an NFL RB, or you're like Kaepernick and weigh 230+ pounds, you're going to do a lot better than a guy who is built like a stick figure.

Bringing up the Tom Brady comparison is useless because he's a pure pocket QB all the way, unless Manziel somehow completes the transition from running QB to pocket QB almost instantaneously, I don't see how he can hold up long-term, I said the same thing when Michael Vick came out. Troy Aikman had a column talking about the same exact issue, its just not his height that is the problem, its his overall build.
Share 49ersWebzone