LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Dude can play some football. I like him... I wouldn't be mad if we took him at the end of the 1st.

Tim Couch could also play some football, in college
Dude can play some football. I like him... I wouldn't be mad if we took him at the end of the 1st.

And most of ya'll were mad when we took Aldon Smith and Eric Reid, too.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

AGAIN!!!!

You gotta be frickin kidding me!!!

Manziel is not a 1st round talent, and even if he is drafted in the 1st round I feel real sorry for that team, not to mention his noodle arm.

Aaron Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Johnny Mnaziel

Shoot, James Franklin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Johnny Manziel
Originally posted by Kolohe:

AGAIN!!!!

You gotta be frickin kidding me!!!

Manziel is not a 1st round talent, and even if he is drafted in the 1st round I feel real sorry for that team, not to mention his noodle arm.

Aaron Murray>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Johnny Mnaziel

Shoot, James Franklin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Johnny Manziel

gotta disagree, kolohe. i think Manziel is a talented player that's very immature. he's got good accuracy and his arm strength isn't terrible. he's got that gunslinger mentality.

but i am with you that i want the niners to take Murray in the 4th/5th
Johnny Football has 1st round talent, no doubt about it. Is he top 5-10? I don't think so, though he'll probably go that high. IMO, he's definitely a talented kid who IN THE RIGHT SYSTEM, could definitely lead a team to the playoffs. As mentioned previously, I think he's more Jeff Garcia than anything, and that's not a bad thing at all.
Ryan Leaf V2.0. Smaller, more athletic and twice the douchebag.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Johnny Football has 1st round talent, no doubt about it. Is he top 5-10? I don't think so, though he'll probably go that high. IMO, he's definitely a talented kid who IN THE RIGHT SYSTEM, could definitely lead a team to the playoffs. As mentioned previously, I think he's more Jeff Garcia than anything, and that's not a bad thing at all.

i see the Jeff Garcia comparison, too. it's all up to his maturity level to see how his career goes.
Hes gonna be a STUD
He'll be gone in the top 5. Even Jerry Rice said he reminds him of Joe.

he can finally sign his autograph :)
My only issue with a team drafting Manziel (which I'm sure he will be a top pick if not #1 overall) in the first or period for that matter is that he has the same skill set as Tebow, and hispassing skill is only slightly superior to Tebow's. Once you figure in off the field issues, NFL experince, and the fact that JM is a well known party boy, I'd rather sign a guy like Tebow, McCown, or Young and draft a QB next year when you have Hundley, Marriota, Petty, and Winston coming out. Heck I'd rather wait and draft a guy like Jordan Lynch. Give me a dline man or offensive lineman with low risk and high reward, because I feel as easy as the passing game is you can take a mediocre guy and get enough from him with scheme to win. Look at Nick Foles.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
My only issue with a team drafting Manziel (which I'm sure he will be a top pick if not #1 overall) in tkhe first or period for that matter is that he has the same skill set as Tebow, and hispassing skill is only slightly superior to Tebow's. Once you figure in off the field issues, NFL experince, and the fact that JM is a well known party boy, I'd rather sign a guy like Tebow, McCown, or Young and draft a QB next year when you have Hundley, Marriota, Petty, and Winston coming out. Heck I'd rather wait and draft a guy like Jordan Lynch. Give me a dline man or offensive lineman with low risk and high reward, because I feel as easy as the passing game is you can take a mediocre guy and get enough from him with scheme to win. Look at Nick Foles.

Keith Price. I've been going back to his past games, dude improved his passing by a ridiculous margin this season. Better footwork, better anticipation, going through his progressions more, all resulted in a big improvement in accuracy, he's my late round sleeper pick right now.
Manziel will die of internal bleeding if he plays in the NFL. Watch what happens to the skinny little 5-11 185 lb body. Look at the guys shoulders. It looks like his head is too big for his body.

LOL at GM's that would use a 1st round pick on this little boy.

Those bird legs look easy to break. Look at his small upper body frame.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM ]
I don't know, bro... I think you're just hating at this point. Sometimes you can look too hard to find flaws. You're right, his frame is small, but that's not a reason to take someone off your draft board. You ever seen Tom Brady shirtless? Aaron Rodgers? Matt Stafford?
Share 49ersWebzone