LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Someone is going to give him a shot. He is going to go early and he has was more talent then Tim Tebow ever did as a passer. Who knows what this guy can accomplish as long as he doesn't lose his head.

This. He's much better than Tebow was. I think Vick is a good draft comparison. Their mobility and small size are on par. While Vick has the stronger arm, Manziel is more accurate. Teams will overlook his footwork/mechanics. He had a good supporting cast and he dominated his competition as a freshman.

I think GMs will have have reservations taking him in the top 10 because of the hype and unorthodox attributes. I can't see him staying on the board long after that. In a QB hungry league someone will be desperate even to bite. He's an ideal trade back scenario for a team with a top pick.
He's definitely going in the top 10.

I think he goes to Cleveland or Raiders.

He could go Jags or Vikings.

Where ever he goes the media will be there in full force.
I have this feeling the Raiders will roll the dice with the 5th pick and draft Johnny Football. I just have this feeling...
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Someone is going to give him a shot. He is going to go early and he has was more talent then Tim Tebow ever did as a passer. Who knows what this guy can accomplish as long as he doesn't lose his head.

This. He's much better than Tebow was. I think Vick is a good draft comparison. Their mobility and small size are on par. While Vick has the stronger arm, Manziel is more accurate. Teams will overlook his footwork/mechanics. He had a good supporting cast and he dominated his competition as a freshman.

I think GMs will have have reservations taking him in the top 10 because of the hype and unorthodox attributes. I can't see him staying on the board long after that. In a QB hungry league someone will be desperate even to bite. He's an ideal trade back scenario for a team with a top pick.

With the new CBA, it wont be as hard to take a chance on a iffy QB like Manziel. They dont have to pay him a grossly overpaid contract for nothing in return (see Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell). I wont be surprised though if he doesnt get drafted in the 1st round.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
With the new CBA, it wont be as hard to take a chance on a iffy QB like Manziel. They dont have to pay him a grossly overpaid contract for nothing in return (see Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell). I wont be surprised though if he doesnt get drafted in the 1st round.

Having seen just a little of him, and not knowing the full background, I was taken with his accuracy.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout

In case you missed it, @Gil_Brandt reporting that Johnny Manziel has officially filed paperwork to enter 2014 NFL draft.
Originally posted by English:

Having seen just a little of him, and not knowing the full background, I was taken with his accuracy.

Smitten, were you?
raiders would be smart to go o-line or trade down rather than drafting Manziel, but Davis/Mckenzie/Allen might be thinking about how this could spark the fanbase
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by English:

Smitten, were you?

Lol! But the plays I saw, he was throwing hard and long, but right on the money. Like I said, there is obviously baggage here and I don't know enough about him. Plus I can't see us taking a qb before round. 3 or. 4 at the earliest.

But hmmm!
he has an arm that can only rival shaun hill and chad pennington. good luck to him, the NFL is unforgiving

This kid is legit, haters got to hate. But this kid can ball out
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I have this feeling the Raiders will roll the dice with the 5th pick and draft Johnny Football. I just have this feeling...

I actually hope he is a Viking reminds me of Fran Tarkenton
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I actually hope he is a Viking reminds me of Fran Tarkenton

If the Raiders draft him, I hope he is ready to face the Niners D.
Dude can play some football. I like him... I wouldn't be mad if we took him at the end of the 1st.
I have a feeling, Johnny will play the roll of Eli Manning, and have a list of teams to not play for....just me though.
Share 49ersWebzone