LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

***Johnny Manziel thread***

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
There are plenty of stories about his thugishness, but I really don't care what you label the guy, the fact that his family is now concerned about his drinking and welfare says it all. They raised him to be the way he is and now are concerned...go figure.

They're are plenty of stories of him getting busted with narcotics?

Busted with an unregistered weapon?

Arrested for fighting?

There was one incident where he was in the company of a person that was starting a fight and that was nearly 2 1/2 year ago.

Call it what it is. Don't label him something he's not. If you want to call him a spoiled brat or a petulant child, that's fine, but don't call him a thug.

I bet no one would have problem with us drafting Bradley Roby, would they?

There was a whole thread devoted to drafting Tyrann Mathieu. Most of you wanted to trade up because "we have to have the kid". That makes sense because I would rather have a drug dealer that couldn't pass multiple drug tests on my team then a spoiled brat.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
They're are plenty of stories of him getting busted with narcotics?

Busted with an unregistered weapon?

Arrested for fighting?

There was one incident where he was in the company of a person that was starting fight and that was nearly 2 1/2 year ago.

Call it what it is. Don't label him something he's not. If you want to call him a spoiled brat, or a petulant child, that's fine, but don't call him a thug.

I bet no one would have problem with us drafting Bradley Roby would they?

There was a whole thread devoted to drafting Tyrann Mathieu. Most of you wanted to trade up because "we have to have the kid". That makes sense because I would rather have a drug dealer that couldn't pass multiple drug tests on my team then a spoiled brat.

thug
THəg/
noun

1. a violent person, esp. a criminal.

Synonyms:ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal;informal tough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun,hood
"one of Capone's thugs"

I've heard that his dad liked watching him beat up kids at their house...sounds a bit thuggish to me but you can call it anything you wish. Naughty?

Edit: as for drafting thugs...I really don't care as long as the team can control them and teach them to vent through football and not by shooting a couple of guys. By the way, I consider a thug as someone who pushes his weight around...sort of like crashing a frat party, getting thrown out after starting a fight and then going back to the same frat the next night. Sounds pretty thuggish to me. But has he killed anyone? Don't know, but hope not. Maybe someone didn't pay for the card signing and...
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM ]
thug
THəg/
noun

Synonyms:ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal;informal tough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun,hood
"one of Capone's thugs"

I've heard that his dad liked watching him beat up kids at their house...sounds a bit thuggish to me but you can call it anything you wish. Naughty?

You heard? Like from the grapevine?

I don't want to call it anything. I don't even think it deserves a word. He's an entitled brat. The world is filled with many of those especially in the country we live in. People act like he's a murderer, drug dealer who is selling guns to Mexico.
Espn is blowing it way over proportion
He was being mocked all 1st half, every time they got near him.
He goes in and rapes them and they still talking so he says look at the score
And maybe some other words and gets a taunting flag and benched the rest of the game
Big f**king deal!! He won them the game and he shut them up, good for him.

Also espn going ape s**t over the cal player who got ejected and then took a bow.
First off he should of never been ejected, second who cares. I'm sure he, just like
just about everyone though that ejection was bull s**t
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Sep 1, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]
thug
THəg/
noun

"one of Capone's thugs"

Edit: as for drafting thugs...I really don't care as long as the team can control them and teach them to vent through football and not by shooting a couple of guys. By the way, I consider a thug as someone who pushes his weight around...sort of like crashing a frat party, getting thrown out after starting a fight and then going back to the same frat the next night. Sounds pretty thuggish to me. But has he killed anyone? Don't know, but hope not. Maybe someone didn't pay for the card signing and...

All footballs players push their weight around. Man do you seriously think these guys are the model of selflessness? Manziel is not the oddity. Noooo siiirrr. He's the rule not the exception.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Regardless of what he is, really feel sorry for any team that drafts him. If I was a NFL owner no freaking way would I give this kid any kind of money, this dudes head is not in the game, I think he only plays for glamour in college. At least Ryan Leaf hid is dumb ass attitude, can't say the same for this dumb ass kid.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
And maybe some other words and gets a taunting flag and benched the rest of the game

Also espn going ape s**t over the cal player who got ejected and then took a bow.
First off he should of never been ejected, second who cares. I'm sure he, just like

Yea I kno those same announcers were laughing about how quick Western Kentucky would forget about Petrinos cheating scandal if he kept beating FBS opponents. It's all about the hits.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Regardless of what he is, really feel sorry for any team that drafts him. If I was a NFL owner no freaking way would I give this kid any kind of money, this dudes head is not in the game, I think he only plays for glamour in college. At least Ryan Leaf hid is dumb ass attitude, can't say the same for this dumb ass kid.

This was where I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I thought he would go out there and show the nation he's a leader, but he just added fuel to the fire. It was really selfish, and he failed his teammates. Worst thing is so narcissistic he probably doesn't even care because it's all about him.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Umm Manziel was suspended for the 1st half.

They mocked him from the sidelines the whole game. The Rice band were all wearing white Ts with Manziels sig on it.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by eonblue:

They mocked him from the sidelines the whole game.

Sure they did.

No matter how you slice it, dude is a dumb ass the writing is on the wall. Where is the evidence that they were mocking him, for all we know its not like he was being an angel on the side line either.

f**k Johnny Manziel...lets move on.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I guess someone is looking for evidence lol.
The band thing is huge evidence
And the defender on the field made the signature gesture to manziel during that penalty
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The band thing is huge evidence
And the defender on the field made the signature gesture to manziel during that penalty

No they didn't, I re-watched it many times and saw no gesture.
Share 49ersWebzone