LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
^^ What were his Pro Day numbers?

4.61 with the wind, 4.63 against. 36 inch vertical, 9'6 broad, 4.22 short shuttle, 7.19 3 cone, 15 reps of 225. Butler caught the ball well in the position drills. He is a possesssion receiver; he doesn't have enough speed to be anything but a possession-type receiver at the next level. Butler is a possible rookie free-agent pickup following the 2014 NFL Draft. http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/18/tennessee-martins-jeremy-butler-a-free-agent-possibility/
Originally posted by Travisty13:
4.61 with the wind, 4.63 against. 36 inch vertical, 9'6 broad, 4.22 short shuttle, 7.19 3 cone, 15 reps of 225. Butler caught the ball well in the position drills. He is a possesssion receiver; he doesn't have enough speed to be anything but a possession-type receiver at the next level. Butler is a possible rookie free-agent pickup following the 2014 NFL Draft. http://blogs.nfl.com/2014/03/18/tennessee-martins-jeremy-butler-a-free-agent-possibility/
In 2013, he continued the success leading the Skyhawks in catches (90), receiving yards (1,203) and touchdowns (10). He accounted for 38% of the passes caught, 45% of the teams total receiving yards and more than half of the teams touchdown receptions at 55%.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by buck:
Allen Robinson, WR (6-foot 7/8, 207) Robinson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.48 and 4.50 seconds (improving on the 4.60 40 from the NFL Scouting Combine).

He had a 42-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-11 broad jump.

He also did the three-cone drill in 6.54 seconds. Robinson had a great pro-day workout.

He looked very good running routes. Robinson��‚��„�s performance really helped his draft stock a lot. It will push him into a crowded group of talented wide receivers in the 2014 NFL Draft class; not the upper echelon of prospects (a group that would include the likes of Sammy Watkins of Clemson and Mike Evans of Texas A&M), but the next tier of talent.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

You can't treat pro day 40 times as equivalent to combine times.

I did not treat pro day 40 times as equivalent to combine times.

I just quoted from (and posted ) an article written by someone else.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
WOW!!! If you put those numbers up against the rest of the WR at the combine

4.47 forty
42 in vert
6.53 three cone

His numbers would have placed as this in Indy

18th in forty
1st in vert
1st in 3 cone ( better than cooks or Beckham )

WOW! Im a Matthews fan, but Im also a Penn State fan and would not be mad to see him picked in the 2nd.
flyin'
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Here are the drop percentages from this years WR class.

*from the 2013 season.
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:28 AM ]
Lol the webzone's favorite Moncrief up there with 11.11% Never was a fan of him at ole miss. Now Laquon Treadwell is a different story. That guy is going to be a BEAST.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Given the fact that aside from a deep threat we also lacked production in the red zone last season it may be fun to also look at the red zone touchdown rate from a few receivers.

Mike Evans 36.4%

Kelvin Benjamin 35.1%

Cody Latimer 34.8%

Davante Adams 33.8%

Sammy Watkins 26.3%

Quincy Enunwa 25.0%

Marqise Lee 24.3%

Jordan Matthews 20%

Donte Moncrief 19.4%

Allen Robinson 18.8%

Odell Beckham Jr. 10.5%

[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 26, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
So Evans had the second lowest drop % and highest redzone touchdown %. Interesting.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 26, 2014 at 4:44 PM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
So Evans had the second lowest drop % and highest redzone touchdown %. Interesting.

I dont have Latimers and Adams actual drop rate but form watching the tapes I´m pretty sure they are also both in the 4.0 - 4.5% range, if not better. They have excellent hands too !
Too bad we don't use our WRs as jump ball targets in the redzone....

Originally posted by CWin4949:

I can recall us throwing several fades in the playoffs. Having a legitimate red zone target like Evans could open up the rest of our offense at the red zone. Seattle could probably stick Sherman on him, but that would free up Crabtree and most teams do not have anyone who can cover Evans one on one. We don't have anyone like Evans or Benjamin so it's hard to say we wouldn't use them at the goal line. I also wouldn't count out Kaepernick improving his touch over time especially if we drafted Evans.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

I can recall us throwing several fades in the playoffs. Having a legitimate red zone target like Evans could open up the rest of our offense at the red zone. Seattle could probably stick Sherman on him, but that would free up Crabtree and most teams do not have anyone who can cover Evans one on one. We don't have anyone like Evans or Benjamin so it's hard to say we wouldn't use them at the goal line. I also wouldn't count out Kaepernick improving his touch over time especially if we drafted Evans.

New don't have anyone like Evans and Benjamin, but we did have Baldwin, who never once got a chance in the redzone or end zone to give Kap a big target.

I'd be all for having a huge target for the redzone/end zone if we could get the coaches to call the right plays and get Kap to make the right read and deliver good throws.
Landry may be a steal in this years' draft! His performance at the combine will push him down and may make him available in the 3rd round. He would be a wonderful replacement down the road for Boldin.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Landry may be a steal in this years' draft! His performance at the combine will push him down and may make him available in the 3rd round. He would be a wonderful replacement down the road for Boldin.

Yeah. I'm really hoping because our WRs before couldnt do it.
I want Evans. Make it happen. That guy can get the jump balls and also man handle the Seahawks and pretty much any other team's CBs. Maybe not this year, but definitely in the years to follow.
If we cant get Evans, then lets atleast boost the Special Teams game and get Cooks to run wild there along w/ a decent slot presence.

I just feel that we've been so bad in the RZ for the last few years, we need a real edge to be able to win there and thats what Evans gives us (given that HarRo knows how to use him)
[ Edited by deepniner on Apr 26, 2014 at 7:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone