There are 416 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,029
Combine 10 Yard Split


Name 10 Yard Split AVG.

1 Janis, Jeff 1.49
2 Brown, John 1.50
3 Moncrief, Donte 1.50
4 Saunders, Jalen 1.50
5 Cooks, Brandin 1.51
6 Brown, Corey 1.52
7 Hazel, Matt 1.52
8 Abbrederis, Jared 1.53
9 Bryant, Martavis 1.53
10 Enunwa, Quincy 1.53
11 Stewart, Josh 1.53
12 Watkins, Sammy 1.53
13 Copeland, Damian 1.53
14 Reese, Tevin 1.54
15 Richardson, Paul 1.54
16 Gallon, Jeremy 1.54
17 Jones, T.J. 1.55
18 Beckham, Odell 1.55
19 Norwood, Kevin 1.56
20 Street, Devin 1.56
21 Adams, Davante 1.56
22 Huff, Josh 1.56
23 Campanaro, Michael 1.57
24 Hurns, Allen 1.57
25 Robinson, Allan 1.57
26 Herron, Robert 1.58
27 Lee, Marqise 1.58
28 Evans, Mike 1.58
29 Evans, Shaq 1.58
30 Washington, L'Damian 1.59
31 Wilson, Albert 1.59
32 Hoffman, Cody 1.59
33 Franklin, Austin 1.60
34 Burse, Isaiah 1.60
35 Grant, Ryan 1.62
36 Boyd, Chris 1.62
37 Snead, Willie 1.62
38 Coleman, Brandon 1.63
39 Ellington, Bruce 1.63
40 Benjamin, Kelvin 1.64
41 Landry, Jarvis 1.65
42 Fowler, Bennie 1.66
43 Powell, Walt 1.69
44 Lucas, Marcus N/A
45 Matthews, Jordan N/A
[ Edited by buck on Feb 28, 2014 at 7:25 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,029
Combine 3-Cone

Name 3-Cone
1 Copeland, Damian 6.53
2 Reese, Tevin 6.63
3 Janis, Jeff 6.64
4 Grant, Ryan 6.68
5 Norwood, Kevin 6.68
6 Beckham, Odell 6.69
7 Ellington, Bruce 6.69
8 Powell, Walt 6.70
9 Burse, Isaiah 6.74
10 Cooks, Brandin 6.76
11 Campanaro, Michael 6.77
12 Abbrederis, Jared 6.80
13 Adams, Davante 6.82
14 Jones, T.J. 6.82
15 Herron, Robert 6.84
16 Hoffman, Cody 6.89
17 Street, Devin 6.89
18 Brown, John 6.91
19 Matthews, Jordan 6.95
20 Watkins, Sammy 6.95
21 Robinson, Allan 7.00
22 Wilson, Albert 7.00
23 Moncrief, Donte 7.02
24 Fowler, Bennie 7.06
25 Evans, Shaq 7.07
26 Franklin, Austin 7.07
27 Lucas, Marcus 7.07
28 Evans, Mike 7.08
29 Hazel, Matt 7.08
30 Richardson, Paul 7.09
31 Stewart, Josh 7.10
32 Brown, Corey 7.16
33 Bryant, Martavis 7.18
34 Snead, Willie 7.19
35 Washington, L'Damian 7.19
36 Hurns, Allen 7.23
37 Benjamin, Kelvin 7.33
38 Coleman, Brandon 7.33
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,029
Combine short shuttle

1 Cooks, Brandin 3.81
2 Copeland, Damian 3.90
3 Beckham, Odell 3.94
4 Burse, Isaiah 3.94
5 Ellington, Bruce 3.95
6 Janis, Jeff 3.98
7 Robinson, Allan 4.00
8 Campanaro, Michael 4.01
9 Lee, Marqise 4.01
10 Street, Devin 4.01
11 Abbrederis, Jared 4.08
12 Grant, Ryan 4.11
13 Brown, John 4.12
14 Bryant, Martavis 4.15
15 Fowler, Bennie 4.18
16 Matthews, Jordan 4.18
17 Reese, Tevin 4.18
18 Hazel, Matt 4.20
19 Hoffman, Cody 4.20
20 Evans, Shaq 4.21
21 Wilson, Albert 4.21
22 Brown, Corey 4.22
23 Powell, Walt 4.23
24 Lucas, Marcus 4.25
25 Evans, Mike 4.26
26 Herron, Robert 4.27
27 Jones, T.J. 4.27
28 Adams, Davante 4.30
29 Moncrief, Donte 4.30
30 Norwood, Kevin 4.32
31 Franklin, Austin 4.33
32 Stewart, Josh 4.33
33 Watkins, Sammy 4.34
34 Washington, L'Damian 4.35
35 Benjamin, Kelvin 4.39
36 Snead, Willie 4.39
37 Hurns, Allen 4.50
38 Coleman, Brandon 4.51
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,029
combine 60 shuttle

Name 60 Shuttle

1 Cooks, Brandin 10.72
2 Copeland, Damian 10.84
3 Beckham, Odell 10.93
4 Ellington, Bruce 11.12
5 Campanaro, Michael 11.31
6 Robinson, Allan 11.36
7 Abbrederis, Jared 11.39
8 Brown, John 11.4
9 Jones, T.J. 11.45
10 Norwood, Kevin 11.46
11 Evans, Shaq 11.51
12 Fowler, Bennie 11.52
13 Burse, Isaiah 11.53
14 Evans, Mike 11.58
15 Hazel, Matt 11.6
16 Grant, Ryan 11.63
17 Franklin, Austin 11.7
18 Matthews, Jordan 11.84
19 Brown, Corey 11.94
20 Snead, Willie 11.96
21 Benjamin, Kelvin 12.08
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,029
Jeff Janis stands as the Rodney Dangerfield of wide receivers at the 201 Combine.
He just does not get any respect.

Here are the speeds and distances he achieved and how those numbers rank among the speeds and distances of the wide receivers at the combine.

1. 10 yard Split---1.49---(1.50 and 1.47) ---the fastest
2. 40 yard---4.42---4th fastest
3. 3.Cone---6.64---3rd fastest
4. Bench----20---3rd most
5. S. Shuttle---3.98---5th fastest
6. BJ---10'3"---5th longest
7. VJ---37.5"---7th highest

Janis finished in the top 10 in 7 of the measureables recorded for wide receivers at the combine. And six of his recorded measureables were in top 5.

Janis did have one of the best combines of any receiver at the draft.
Originally posted by buck:
Jeff Janis stands as the Rodney Dangerfield of wide receivers at the 201 Combine.
He just does not get any respect.

Here are the speeds and distances he achieved and how those numbers rank among the speeds and distances of the wide receivers at the combine.

1. 10 yard Split---1.49---(1.50 and 1.47) ---the fastest
2. 40 yard---4.42---4th fastest
3. 3.Cone---6.64---3rd fastest
4. Bench----20---3rd most
5. S. Shuttle---3.98---5th fastest
6. BJ---10'3"---5th longest
7. VJ---37.5"---7th highest

Janis finished in the top 10 in 7 of the measureables recorded for wide receivers at the combine. And six of his recorded measureables were in top 5.

Janis did have one of the best combines of any receiver at the draft.

Pretty amazing for a guy projected in the 5/6 round by many! And he's a big guy! Small school wonder or just another guy who won't make it in the NFL? He'd be a perfect guy to light a fire under Baldwin during training camp!
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,029
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Pretty amazing for a guy projected in the 5/6 round by many! And he's a big guy! Small school wonder or just another guy who won't make it in the NFL? He'd be a perfect guy to light a fire under Baldwin during training camp!

One person who has some respect for Janis is an ex-teammate at Saginaw Valley.

One former Saginaw Valley teammate is Jeff Heath, who was an undrafted free agent but started nine games for the Dallas Cowboys this season at strong safety as a rookie.

"He obviously has all the traits that you look for in an NFL receiver," Heath told the Free Press. "He's big, fast, strong. All the stuff that you can't really teach, he's got.

"I know he's going to kill it at the combine, and I expect him to kill it next year, too," Heath said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000317713/article/falcons-mike-smith-praises-saginaw-valley-states-jeff-janis

Heath was right about Janis and the Combine.
The Niners home page shows 11 WR on their roster.



Crabtree
Boldin
Patton
Osgood
Manningham
Baldwin
Chuck Jacobs
Brandon Carswell
David Reed
Devon Wylie
Demarco Sampson

How many WR will they carry on their roster? How many can they draft?

Im wondering if they could draft 3 rookie WR?

Crabtree
Boldin
Patton
Osgood
Cooks or Beckham (1st)
Moncrief (2nd)
Janis (5th)

Too much, or infusion of talent from a deep WR pool?
Originally posted by Butter:
The Niners home page shows 11 WR on their roster.



Crabtree
Boldin
Patton
Osgood
Manningham
Baldwin
Chuck Jacobs
Brandon Carswell
David Reed
Devon Wylie
Demarco Sampson

How many WR will they carry on their roster? How many can they draft?

Im wondering if they could draft 3 rookie WR?

Crabtree
Boldin
Patton
Osgood
Cooks or Beckham (1st)
Moncrief (2nd)
Janis (5th)

Too much, or infusion of talent from a deep WR pool?


In no way do I see them drafting 3 WR's. I could see 2, but not 3. Of that first list, half of those guys won't end up on the roster. The only ones I see as locks are Crabtree, Boldin and Patton. Even Baldwin could get cut after restructuring. Of the ones that are left, Jacobs probably has the best shot to make the roster.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In no way do I see them drafting 3 WR's. I could see 2, but not 3. Of that first list, half of those guys won't end up on the roster. The only ones I see as locks are Crabtree, Boldin and Patton. Even Baldwin could get cut after restructuring. Of the ones that are left, Jacobs probably has the best shot to make the roster.

Obviously they arent going to carry 11 WR on their roster. I agree with your list. Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, and probably Osgood (ST). After that I find my self asking, "is that rookie better than the rest of the guys on their TC roster? I had been considering two WR also, but I keep looking at the total # of Niners picks, the depth of WR talent, and possible open spots and thinking why not? Unless they would rather sign a low cost veteran.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,029
Originally posted by Butter:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
In no way do I see them drafting 3 WR's. I could see 2, but not 3. Of that first list, half of those guys won't end up on the roster. The only ones I see as locks are Crabtree, Boldin and Patton. Even Baldwin could get cut after restructuring. Of the ones that are left, Jacobs probably has the best shot to make the roster.

Obviously they arent going to carry 11 WR on their roster. I agree with your list. Crabtree, Boldin, Patton, and probably Osgood (ST). After that I find my self asking, "is that rookie better than the rest of the guys on their TC roster? I had been considering two WR also, but I keep looking at the total # of Niners picks, the depth of WR talent, and possible open spots and thinking why not? Unless they would rather sign a low cost veteran.

I hope that we do not sign a low cost vet.

I want us to sign three wide receivers.
The wide receiver talent on the team has to improve.

Boldin is not a long term answer and Crabtree is a free agent after the upcoming season.

This wide receiver class is deep. We can fortify our defensive backfield and still take advantage of that depth.
I really don't care if they draft five WRs! They need to hit on this position...soon! Boldin was a gift and Crabtree has been oft injured, so it's important to have guys who can stay healthy and hearty...AND have talent. Patton may be wonderful but he has a lot to prove. Somehow I see Baldwin gone. He may work hard in the off season and surprise me but there just seems to be something off...work ethic? Combine talent but not NFL talent? Attitude? Hope I'm wrong. I actually have more hope for Manningham but the team can't afford to keep him if he isn't 100%.
Allen Robinson is still one of my favorite WRs in this draft class, but I would also love to add Odell Beckham Jr. I disagree with the "draft expert" on the podcast who said Beckham Jr. is similar to the WRs we already have. I think he would be a great addition to the 49ers.

Also, What do you think of Pitt WR Devin Street? I haven't heard anyone talking about him.
[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 1, 2014 at 6:58 PM ]
From CBS site on Street:

"STRENGTHS: Smooth athlete with natural body control and foot quickness to create some space and work the middle of the field. Shows toughness before and after the catch, high-pointing and coming down with contested receptions and also fighting for every yard after the grab. Soft hands and usually catches everything thrown his way, staying focused from snap to whistle.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal top-end speed. Looks to finish, but lack of breakaway speed shows as a ballcarrier, struggling to elude defenders or create after the catch."

I didn't watch Pitt this year.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Mar 1, 2014 at 7:03 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
From CBS site on Street:

"STRENGTHS: Smooth athlete with natural body control and foot quickness to create some space and work the middle of the field. Shows toughness before and after the catch, high-pointing and coming down with contested receptions and also fighting for every yard after the grab. Soft hands and usually catches everything thrown his way, staying focused from snap to whistle.

WEAKNESSES: Lacks ideal top-end speed. Looks to finish, but lack of breakaway speed shows as a ballcarrier, struggling to elude defenders or create after the catch."

I didn't watch Pitt this year.



http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/devin-street?id=2543641
[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 1, 2014 at 7:15 PM ]