Originally posted by WRATHman44:Originally posted by OnTheClock:Originally posted by WRATHman44:OTC, any thoughts on Reese?
TBD. I watched some of him early in the year, but I've slept since then. Still in process of reviewing prospects and at the moment I haven't gotten to him yet. I'll get back to you soon on this one.
Thanks, man. I appreciate the honesty. Most people would just make something up.
Hey, no problem. I just want to give you the most accurate take I can, from what I'm seeing.
After looking through about an hour worth of footage on Reese, I would tab him as a 7th round grade at best, I wouldn't touch him until the 7th. I remembered now why I wasn't all that enthralled by him early in the year when I was tracking these receiver prospects. After review today, this is what I took away from it:
- His pure speed is obvious, and his get-off from the line is good.
- Showed good quickness off the LOS in most cases.
- Inconsistent hands, concentration lapses. Simply does not have strong hands (not just catching, but ball-security concerns me)
- While quick off the line, I did not often see his quickness displayed with open field moves. He seemed to just try to run around people.
- Does not often win the battle for the catch in situations where he has to fight the defender for it.
- Of the routes he ran, he seemed OK, but I think he could improve here.
- Durability concerns (was injured late this year) at his size
- Very rarely did he ever have to beat press coverage
- Not a good blocker
- Not strong on his feet at all. While fast, he seems to lose his balance really easily when contacted. This brings forth concerns that stretch beyond just his RAC ability. When playing NFL press corners, will he be able to stay off the ground?
Overall, I see a tremendous athlete, but just an OK football player who was helped out a lot by the Baylor system.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM ]