LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

• buck
  • Veteran
I know many people are interested in big wide receivers.

Below is a list of 21 big wide receivers that will be available in the upcoming draft.

The is adapted from

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/WR

Thanks buck - just what I was looking for.
I like the sound of Brandon Coleman or Jordan Mattews.... Crabs...Coleman/Matthews and Patton in the slot.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Your welcome.
I really like matthews. Actually had him in my early mock this year, as i thought he might declare.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I am still mining the internet for big receivers. Here are two more.

Keiondre Gober Eastern Illinois 6-3 196 3 games 13 receptions 330 yards 2 scores 25.38 yards per reception 110.00 receiving yards per game.

Tyler McDonald South Carolina St 6-3 190 3 games 9 receptions 318 yards 4 scores 35.33 yards per reception 106.00 receiving yards per game
[ Edited by buck on Sep 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM ]
Im not impressed by Coleman. I've scouted him in this Arkansas game and I've noticed a couple of technical issues. The secondary is Arkasnsas' weakest link and hes looked lost out there.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 21, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]
The receiver at the top of my list is Sammy Watkins of Clemson. I just don't see any other receiver that I feel has the same level of overall ability matched with high potential to be a star. It remains to be seen where his value will fall because it's way, way too early right now. But If he has a successful season and combine, and he's there between 10-20 in the 1st round, I'd like us to take a shot at him.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The receiver at the top of my list is Sammy Watkins of Clemson. I just don't see any other receiver that I feel has the same level of overall ability matched with high potential to be a star. It remains to be seen where his value will fall because it's way, way too early right now. But If he has a successful season and combine, and he's there between 10-20 in the 1st round, I'd like us to take a shot at him.

Agree! Strong, physical, fast, and strong hands catcher. Could be our Torrey Smith but better. He's exactly what we need in our offense and against Seattle - speed! We scare no one on the outside.
Originally posted by smacII:

Agree! Strong, physical, fast, and strong hands catcher. Could be our Torrey Smith but better. He's exactly what we need in our offense and against Seattle - speed! We scare no one on the outside.

Speed and quickness are the bane of Seattle's CBs. Victor Cruz owned them. Steve Smith had a touchdown week one against them. They can't stop receivers that are too quick for them to get their hands on. Williams and Patton were open several times on short routes on Sunday but CK was too locked in on the deep routes or other receivers. We saw Patton get thrown to the ground by Byron Maxwell because the only way he was able to cover him was to tackle him on that play. We could have a great WR corps next year if we draft right.

Agree. We have the ammo & need to go get us a speed playmaker on this team. I wouldn't be mad at all trade up for Watkins!

Speed and quickness are the bane of Seattle's CBs. Victor Cruz owned them. Steve Smith had a touchdown week one against them. They can't stop receivers that are too quick for them to get their hands on. Williams and Patton were open several times on short routes on Sunday but CK was too locked in on the deep routes or other receivers. We saw Patton get thrown to the ground by Byron Maxwell because the only way he was able to cover him was to tackle him on that play. We could have a great WR corps next year if we draft right.

If Patton develops into a good player he is going to give seattle fits for a while.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I think you are on solid ground.

I do not think we be able to get Sammy Watkins, but there seems to some fast, quick receivers that will be available.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

This is why I would be thrilled to get Jordan Matthews. May football gods smile upon us and let us land him or Mike Evans.
Originally posted by buck:

I think you are on solid ground.

I do not think we be able to get Sammy Watkins, but there seems to some fast, quick receivers that will be available.

We shall see, but I'd gladly trade up to between 10-15 to get that guy. Game-breaking speed, outstanding hands catcher, and I think he's a smart player. Clear 1st round talent.
Share 49ersWebzone