My take on a few of the WR's:
- Richardson's build is really an issue for me. He has great straight line speed and good amount of wiggle when in the open field. I have a serious concern about his ability to beat press coverage with his current frame. He is not polished at all and is at least a two year project. Late 3rd round grade for me.
- Benjamin has the length, height and build to succeed. He may not possess top end speed or crisp route running but he can high point the ball better than most. His best chance to succeed will be with a team that can use him in a complementary role starting out. The potential in the red zone alone makes him a mid to late 1st round talent.
- Cooks is an above average prospect in the slot. He has a good wiggle after the catch and changes directions very well. I worry that press coverage will effect his ability to get into a route tree and finish his cuts. A pure 2nd round grade.
- Jordan Matthews is well rounded in regards to his development as a pass catcher. He has big hands and uses his tall frame for good positioning against defenders. I worry that he has already tapped his full potential. I would feel safe on taking him in the early to mid 2nd.
- The prospect I find the most intriguing is Davante Adams. He has a great frame to fend off defensive backs and uses his basketball background to apex the ball. He is the type of player I could see Baalke targeting in the 2nd.