There are 218 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Devante Adams would be a Good Addition to the Niners and Hes also a Bay Area guy
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
YAY another thread about WRz

merge with existing wr thread

is trading our #1 for Josh Gordon still an option?
Originally posted by adamcarrillo85:
Devante Adams would be a Good Addition to the Niners and Hes also a Bay Area guy

I like Adams size and they way he gets the ball at it's peak. But he doesn't seem to have any speed. Interested to see his 40 time because his on the field speed seems slow.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kronik:
I like Adams size and they way he gets the ball at it's peak. But he doesn't seem to have any speed. Interested to see his 40 time because his on the field speed seems slow.

It will be interesting to see which wide receivers gain any separation at the combine.

The wide receiver drills should be as instructive as the events.
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

is trading our #1 for Josh Gordon still an option?

not gonna happen.
What about Willie Snead..Kinda lacks speeds but still put up some decent numbers out of Ball State maby potentially 3rd rounder.?

[ Edited by 49ers201 on Jan 31, 2014 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by sfout:
Landry and Beckham once again look like the top two. Just from that article of course. Especially since we don't run screens in our O we wouldn't be wasting a huge % of a players production like we would if we took Cooks, Matthews, or Robinson.

This. Good post although Robinson looks pretty good as well in the light of those numbers, especially his YAC considering how many comeback routes he ran, almost 50% of his total routes. That alone tells me he does a good job being physical and fighting for every yard after the catch. I don't think you can go wrong with Landry or Beckham although I keep leaning more towards Landry, not as good a speed threat but his hands are ridiculous and both guys are well versed in a variety of routes.

But you saw how badly his YAC suffered if they removed screens from the calculations right? That just shocked me.

Landry having just 2 drops is insane.

Robinson's numbers did not drop as much as Matthews when you remove the screens. By the numbers, Robinson looks like a solid, intermediate route runner who has the YAC ability. Sounds a lot like Crabtree to me. I wouldn't mind another Crabtree on our team.

Landry and Beckham would make great additions as well. I would prefer Beckham because of his return ability, but that's splitting hairs.
  • buck
  • Veteran
wide receiver grades from draft insider

Wide Receivers

Rnd Full Name School Year

1st Sammy Watkins Clemson 3Jr
1st Mike Evans Texas A&M 3So
1st Marqise Lee USC 3Jr

1-2 Allen Robinson Penn State 3Jr
1-2 Brandin Cooks Oregon State 3Jr

2nd Kelvin Benjamin Florida State 3So
2nd Odell Beckham Jr. LSU 3Jr

2-3 Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt 4Sr
2-3 Paul Richardson Colorado 4Jr
2-3 Jarvis Landry LSU 3Jr

3rd Donte Moncrief Mississippi 3Jr
3rd Jared Abbrederis Wisconsin 5Sr
3rd Josh Huff Oregon 4Sr

3-4 Davante Adams Fresno State 3So
3-4 Brandon Coleman Rutgers 4Jr

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=9387
  • buck
  • Veteran
Picks by team updated … The final selection order for the 2014 draft won't be available until the compensatory picks are announced sometime in either late March or early February.

For now, here is the latest listing of this year's picks for each team. San Francisco currently has the most confirmed picks with 12, while Cleveland 10 and Jacksonville 9.

On the other hand, Baltimore currently has only 4 confirmed picks, while Tampa Bay has 5, although both the Ravens and Buccaneers may have unconfirmed picks acquired in trades.

http://www.gbnreport.com/

and picks for every team

Baltimore has only 4 picks and Tampa Bay has 5

possible trading partners for picks in 2015 draft

http://www.gbnreport.com/picksbyteam.html
not a fan of d. adams speed. eye test comes up short
  • buck
  • Veteran
cbs wide receiver ranking

1. *Sammy Watkins Clemson 6-1 205 1
2. *Mike Evans Texas A&M 6-5 225 1
3. *Marqise Lee Southern California 6-0 195 1
4. *Kelvin Benjamin Florida State 6-5 235 1

5. *Odell Beckham Jr. LSU 5-11 193 1-2
6. *Allen Robinson Penn State 6-3 210 1-2
7. *Brandin Cooks Oregon State 5-10 186 1-2

8. Jordan Matthews Vanderbilt 6-3 209 2
9. *Jarvis Landry LSU 6-0 195 2
10. *Davante Adams Fresno State 6-2 216 2

11. *Paul Richardson Colorado 6-1 172 2-3
12. *Martavis Bryant Clemson 6-4 200 2-3
13. Robert Herron Wyoming 5-9 193 2-3

14. Jared Abbrederis Wisconsin 6-1 189 3
15. *Bruce Ellington South Carolina 5-9 196 3

16. Josh Huff Oregon 5-11 211 3-4
17. Mike Davis Texas 6-0 193 3-4
18. *Donte Moncrief Ole Miss 6-2 226 3-4

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/WR[/url]
[ Edited by buck on Feb 2, 2014 at 5:59 AM ]
We never know how it's all going to play out and of course things could change after the combine, but if things stay how they are for the most part, we might be able to wait until picks 54 and 62 to draft our receivers. I'm still hoping this team picks up three receivers however.

On the subject of Baltimore having only 4 picks...very tough break. I don't think they will be down for long, but they are going to need picks to get back to their usual dominance in the AFC.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We never know how it's all going to play out and of course things could change after the combine, but if things stay how they are for the most part, we might be able to wait until picks 54 and 62 to draft our receivers. I'm still hoping this team picks up three receivers however.

On the subject of Baltimore having only 4 picks...very tough break. I don't think they will be down for long, but they are going to need picks to get back to their usual dominance in the AFC.

I am pretty sure that our picks in the first three rounds are:
56, 61
77, 94
Originally posted by kronik:
if he slow on the field,then he is slow. 40s is irrelevant.
game speed is not timed speed.