There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by Kolohe:
After watching todays game, speed is definitely a need for the 9ers offense. I know they tried to get it with AJ Jenkins and failed, but now is a chance for Baalke to redeem himself with Jarvis Landry. I'm fully on the Jarvis Landry bandwagon and now consider him as my 1st round draft crush for the 9ers, which the 9ers may have to trade up for.

Secondary can be had in the later rounds, perhaps the 2nd, and yes, I'm looking at you Kyle Fuller!!!

taking Jordan Matthews and Jarvis Landry would be like junior-Fitzgerald and junior-Boldin
Originally posted by Liono:
Should we trade up for Marquise Lee?

If the 9ers trade up for ANY WR it better be Jarvis Landry. Overall speed, quickness, hands or ball skills you gotta give it to Landry. I also think Landry is a better blocker and against more superior competition. Caught 90 yards vs. Alabama, 118 yards vs. Auburn and 156 yards vs. Georgia, like I said pretty productive against far more superior competition. Besides, Baalke tends to shy away from the PAC12 prospects aside from LaMichael James who hasn't really lit it up in the NFL. In the end, USC talent is nothing but fools gold when it comes to the NFL, nothing worth drafting high.

I agree. This is what we truly need to evolve to the next level next year. Love Landry. He's a fighter
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Not sure what this list signifies. Can you explain it? Thanks.

I'm guessing all the early entry projection, which looks pretty realistic.

I seriously doubt there will be 7 WRS in the first round. Watkins, Lee and Evans are for sure first rounders but after that no guarantees. I see a run in the 2nd for guys like Beckham, Robinson, Cooks, Adams, Benjamin, and Richardson. (although 1 or 2 could sneak into the bottom of the 1st)

There are actually 8 on this list and I agree with you...not likely they all go in the first. Seems like the late first through the second will be WR land!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM ]
USC players scare me but we may need to grab Marquise Lee. His speed would be a better complement to Crab and Boldin.
[ Edited by Hopper on Jan 20, 2014 at 10:12 AM ]
Odell Beckham because he plays special teams/returner and is a speedster with hands & blocks in the running game
If you take the totality of their careers, consider competition, qb play, and complementary weapons. How is marquise lee not the top wr in this draft? I think the team that drafts this guy is getting a spectacular weapon. I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be the best player in this draft. just my opinion I guess.
I didn't pay attention to college ball this year...sad I know. Anyways which big 6'3 fast monsters should we be looking at? While we need speed, I want somebody that can f**k up Sherman.
Here are some big guys for the 2014 draft. (sorry it's blurred)

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 20, 2014 at 10:01 PM ]
I got to watch FSU live and Benjamin caught my eye. Not sure on his speed.
Originally posted by jreff22:
I got to watch FSU live and Benjamin caught my eye. Not sure on his speed.

when you look at what alshon jeffrey did for the bears im not sure id get too hung up on speed...jefrey doesnt look that fast but like benjamin he has a body that can physically overwhelm dbs
Originally posted by hofer36:
when you look at what alshon jeffrey did for the bears im not sure id get too hung up on speed...jefrey doesnt look that fast but like benjamin he has a body that can physically overwhelm dbs

Jeffery was a way better prospect,imo
Originally posted by outside4949:

why was jeffrey a better prospect (not necessarily disagreeing with you but a statement like that means more with reasons)?

and even if true it doesnt negate the point i was making, that both jeffrey and benjamin rely on their size more so than speed to make plays...jefrey cost himself in his draft by getting overweight in the months prior to the draft
[ Edited by hofer36 on Jan 22, 2014 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by outside4949:

why was jeffrey a better prospect (not necessarily disagreeing with you but a statement like that means more with reasons)?

and even if true it doesnt negate the point i was making, that both jeffrey and benjamin rely on their size more so than speed to make plays...jefrey cost himself in his draft by getting overweight in the months prior to the draft

agreed that Jeffery was a better prospect. he was able to dominate in the SEC, even with Lattimore hurt, and guys like Stephen Garcia/Connor Shaw throwing him the ball.
Originally posted by Hopper:
USC players scare me but we may need to grab Marquise Lee. His speed would be a better complement to Crab and Boldin.

Lee is coming off some knee issues which led to a down year of sorts. When he's healthy though, I think he's the best WR in the draft. We need to probably trade up into the Top 10 to get him though. I don't know if we can do that.
I have no clue about all these names, but I just reeeeeally would like us to have a tall, fast wr to beat Richard Sherman. Who's it gonna be?