There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Amazing focus for the ball.
Originally posted by Butter:
Watkins gets a lot of pub, but what about this guy?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=105770

Name: Martavis Bryant
College: Clemson Height: 6-4 Weight: 200 Position:
WR Pos2: Class/Draft Year: Jr/2015
40 Low: 4.28 40 Time: 4.38 40 High: 4.50
Projected Round: 2-3

Bryant, 6-4, 200 pounds, caught 42 passes for 828 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013, averaging 19.7 yards per reception. Two of his three catches in the Orange Bowl victory over Ohio State went for touchdowns.

Bryant is considered by the Clemson staff to be the fastest, most physically gifted receiver on the team. They say he is actually the fastest player overall on the team. His problem has been consistency. He has the ability to make ridiculous catches like his second TD in the Orange Bowl, but then he will disappear or drop an easy one. If this makes sense at all, he looks like a natural gazelle of an athlete but not always a natural receiver. He really is a boom/bust kind of prospect. So much potential there if he can pull it together.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:

Bryant, 6-4, 200 pounds, caught 42 passes for 828 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013, averaging 19.7 yards per reception. Two of his three catches in the Orange Bowl victory over Ohio State went for touchdowns.

Bryant is considered by the Clemson staff to be the fastest, most physically gifted receiver on the team. They say he is actually the fastest player overall on the team. His problem has been consistency. He has the ability to make ridiculous catches like his second TD in the Orange Bowl, but then he will disappear or drop an easy one. If this makes sense at all, he looks like a natural gazelle of an athlete but not always a natural receiver. He really is a boom/bust kind of prospect. So much potential there if he can pull it together.

We have enough picks I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him at all.
Originally posted by tohara3:
but i would, at least in round 1 or 2. WR could become an immeadiate need, no time for experiments.
given how raw and inconsistent he is, i wouldnt even touch him until end of 3rd round.
[ Edited by communist on Jan 6, 2014 at 7:42 PM ]
He could have made himself into a first rounder with a monster senior season. I can't see him going any higher than the third round this year, although he will most likely tear up the combine. He already has a couple of kids and dislikes school, so he is leaving now.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Has he declared for the draft yet?
Yes, he and CB Bashaud Breeland both confirmed via the university (in a joint statement) that they are leaving early.
[ Edited by TheBlueHell on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:27 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
s**t just keeps getting better. But what if we hold onto crabs, boldin and patton continues to improve? Do we still go WR in the 1st or 2nd?

Yup. Boldin is a short term starter, 2-3 years. Plus it would be nice to be deep at receiver for once. We demonstrated we can handle injuries at D-line, linebacker, corner, running back, and O-line. We have no depth at receiver.

He's more athlete than receiver really. Dominated with his athleticism, not so much skill, that will get you by in college, not the NFL.
At receiver, we aren't in any kind of position to do projects until we draft at least two guys that are ready to come in right now and contribute. I can deal with a project at corner, linebacker, and defensive line. We've seen guys actually improve over the years at those positions. But at receiver, we need the most finished products available. Even if we enter the season with Crabtree, Boldin, and Patton, it would be nice to have a 4th guy that must be accounted for. We might actually get a chance to see a four or five wide play lol.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Amazing focus for the ball.

Now that's ball skills. He's a beast with legit speed. I can envision him stretching defenses for us next year.
[ Edited by kronik on Jan 7, 2014 at 11:30 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Not sure what this list signifies. Can you explain it? Thanks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by buck:

I'm guessing all the early entry projection, which looks pretty realistic.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by buck:

I'm guessing all the early entry projection, which looks pretty realistic.

I seriously doubt there will be 7 WRS in the first round. Watkins, Lee and Evans are for sure first rounders but after that no guarantees. I see a run in the 2nd for guys like Beckham, Robinson, Cooks, Adams, Benjamin, and Richardson. (although 1 or 2 could sneak into the bottom of the 1st)