There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Jordan Matthews killing it today.

I was just gonna ask about him. I'm no draft guy but live in middle TN and I've seen this guy play a lot. He seems legit. Was wondering what some of the draft guru's on here thought about Matthews?

Though certainly no guru, I'd say Matthews is at worst a mid-to-late 2nd rounder and could definitely be drafted late 1st. His ex-teammate, 6'5", 215lb Chris Boyd (kicked off the team) is also an intriguing prospect, but more of a late-round guy.

I was just gonna ask about him. I'm no draft guy but live in middle TN and I've seen this guy play a lot. He seems legit. Was wondering what some of the draft guru's on here thought about Matthews?

Though certainly no guru, I'd say Matthews is at worst a mid-to-late 2nd rounder and could definitely be drafted late 1st. His ex-teammate, 6'5", 215lb Chris Boyd (kicked off the team) is also an intriguing prospect, but more of a late-round guy.

I really like J.Matthews id trade up early 2nd to take him no problem...I wish we could draft both matthews N D.Adams my favoritez
s**t just keeps getting better. But what if we hold onto crabs, boldin and patton continues to improve? Do we still go WR in the 1st or 2nd?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
s**t just keeps getting better. But what if we hold onto crabs, boldin and patton continues to improve? Do we still go WR in the 1st or 2nd?

I think we draft a WR high no matter what ...maybe even 2 WRz along with 2 CBz ..

Yes, definitely! I wondered the same thing, but really we need to add a big strong redzone receiver and either a speedster or a Boldin type possession receiver that can fight for the 3rd down throws in the middle of the field.

I want

Lee
Robinson
Matthews
Adams
Beckham Jr
Moncrief
Abbrederis
Janis
Washington

If we hold on to Crabtree, Boldin, & Patton; I still say pick 2 WRs within the 1st to 3rd rounds. WRs can easily take one or two years before the really come into their own. Besides, who's got it better than us, if Boldin was around to groom Patton & 2 highly drafted rookies during the 2014 & 2015 seasons.......

49ers seem to like to groom most of their rookies for at least a year before they get much playing time........
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

I really like J.Matthews id trade up early 2nd to take him no problem...I wish we could draft both matthews N D.Adams my favoritez

I like Matthews as well! Many good receivers but he is one of my favorites! He may not have elite speed but he has everything else and heart to boot.
Is there any way that Sammy Watkins gets to us in the draft. I think he's going to be a monster in the NFL.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daragon:
Is there any way that Sammy Watkins gets to us in the draft. I think he's going to be a monster in the NFL.

no. We'd have to pull a Julio Jones trade.

More of a UDFA guy after he got kicked off the team, don't really see Boyd getting drafted, does indeed have good talent though, as well as terrific size for the position.

They still need a deep threat, all 3 of those are possession receivers. In anycase, there's plenty of WR talent that will be available in the late 2nd/early 3rd, they should be able to find someone there. If Brown leaves, I think CB is the priority in the 1st.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

More of a UDFA guy after he got kicked off the team, don't really see Boyd getting drafted, does indeed have good talent though, as well as terrific size for the position.

Probably right about Boyd, but if he shows well at his pro day (apparently Vandy is letting him work out) and/or gets invited to the combine and shines, he could sneak into the 6th/7th round.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Martavis Bryant is the next Randy Moss

Guess we know who is going 1 1 this year then....
Watkins gets a lot of pub, but what about this guy?

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/profile.php?pyid=105770

Name: Martavis Bryant
College: Clemson Height: 6-4 Weight: 200 Position:
WR Pos2: Class/Draft Year: Jr/2015
40 Low: 4.28 40 Time: 4.38 40 High: 4.50
Projected Round: 2-3

Bryant, 6-4, 200 pounds, caught 42 passes for 828 yards and seven touchdowns in 2013, averaging 19.7 yards per reception. Two of his three catches in the Orange Bowl victory over Ohio State went for touchdowns.
Originally posted by irishluder:

Yes, definitely! I wondered the same thing, but really we need to add a big strong redzone receiver and either a speedster or a Boldin type possession receiver that can fight for the 3rd down throws in the middle of the field.

I want

Lee
Robinson
Matthews
Adams
Beckham Jr
Moncrief
Abbrederis
Janis
Washington

[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jan 6, 2014 at 4:04 PM ]