There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by communist:
brandon coleman with a 4.4 40s? take him in the 2nd!!!

He won't run that. I'd be surprised is he hit 4.5.

Dont want. I was pretty high on him coming into this season. But outside of his game against Fresno ST week one, which was arguably the worst defense in the nation through the first half of the season, he was downright mediocre.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by communist:
brandon coleman with a 4.4 40s? take him in the 2nd!!!

He won't run that. I'd be surprised is he hit 4.5.

Dont want. I was pretty high on him coming into this season. But outside of his game against Fresno ST week one, which was arguably the worst defense in the nation through the first half of the season, he was downright mediocre.

Apparently, he had surgery before the season began, on his knew I believe. Maybe,that explains some of his problems this year.

edit: Just remembered. Coleman's chance at redemption starts with today's game against Notre Dame.

Late 1st Q Coleman 2 reception for 65 yards and 1 score.
Coming in to today's game ND was 18th best in the FBS in receiving yards given up per game.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 28, 2013 at 9:55 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
We should be picking at least two wide receivers in this draft.
I would argue for three.

If the draft is about the future consider this.

Five of top, and I am using top very loosely, six wide receivers on the team will be free agents in the next two years.

2014 Free Agents--Boldin, Manningham, and Osgood
2015 Free Agents--Crabtree and Baldwin

Quinton Patton is the only receiver only the team who has a contract beyond 2015.
Buck--I agree with you and believe the niners will draft two in the top five picks...1st-3rd rounds; and then they will pick another later on. Would like to see them take a flyer on a returner who has some WR skills in the later rounds...James is good but it's always good to have more than one guy who can do any job well.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

He was turrible. Dude lacks passion, gives up on plays, runs sloppy routes, people just want him because he's tall, based on what I've seen from him, he could make Jon Baldwin look good.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Buck--I agree with you and believe the niners will draft two in the top five picks...1st-3rd rounds; and then they will pick another later on. Would like to see them take a flyer on a returner who has some WR skills in the later rounds...James is good but it's always good to have more than one guy who can do any job well.

Brelan Chancellor from North Texas is a receiver with excellent kick return and punt return skills.

In 12 games, he has 47 receptions for 718 yards and 4 scores.
He is averaging 15.28 yards a reception and just under 60 receiving yards a game.

He is 5th in the FBS in punt returns and 9th in kick returns.

he has 22 punt returns for 370 and 1 score. He is averaging 16.82 yards per punt return.

He has 22 kick returns for 619 yards and 1 score. He is averaging 28.14 yards per kick return.

What I like about him is the fact that he can return both punts and kicks.

Jalen Saunders and Josh Steward are also good punt returners.

I checked he does have 22 punt returns and 22 kick returns (not an error)
[ Edited by buck on Dec 28, 2013 at 9:37 AM ]
Brandon Colemon first choice! Mike Evans 2nd!!
Lol, Rutgers kneels down with 2 TOs and about 30 seconds remaining in the 2nd quarter...hilarious.
Mike Evans is that long, jump ball type of reciever. I like his down field game. He does some nice stuff underneath but I like what he brings as a deep man. Poormans Moss IMHO. Seems a little raw but has a nice skill set to start with. John Morton hasn't proved to be the best WR in the league, so not sure how quickly he'd be developed but one can't denie his skill set.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Mike Evans is that long, jump ball type of reciever. I like his down field game. He does some nice stuff underneath but I like what he brings as a deep man. Poormans Moss IMHO. Seems a little raw but has a nice skill set to start with. John Morton hasn't proved to be the best WR in the league, so not sure how quickly he'd be developed but one can't denie his skill set.

We need to get rid of Morton 1st thing this off-season. He has done nothing to be kept around here at all.
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:

Ewwwwww
Originally posted by 49ersHeroine:

Ewwwwww

I would wait after the combine to make that determination
I'm curious to know for those who are willing to move up in the draft, what is the highest you are willing to move up for a receiver, and consequently, what picks would you be willing to give up (a second only, a third only, second and third, next year's first, etc)?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm curious to know for those who are willing to move up in the draft, what is the highest you are willing to move up for a receiver, and consequently, what picks would you be willing to give up (a second only, a third only, second and third, next year's first, etc)?

With us havin so many pickz id like us to do like tha vikz did this past draft N trade up get another 1rd pick ...Get a top CB(Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard) N a top WR(D.Adams or J.Matthews my 1st choices) we have enough pickz to load us up with some real good playerz....
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

With us havin so many pickz id like us to do like tha vikz did this past draft N trade up get another 1rd pick ...Get a top CB(Justin Gilbert or Darqueze Dennard) N a top WR(D.Adams or J.Matthews my 1st choices) we have enough pickz to load us up with some real good playerz....

How far do you think we'll have to move to get a player like Dennard? I'm thinking top 10-15.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home