There are 259 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Originally posted by PTulini:

i want us to pick this dude

I see him mocked to us more than any other WR in the draft. Not one of my top favorite receivers but I think he'd be solid for us. Just from watching his college highlights and a few of his games, he appears to be the anti-AJJ: great hands, route running, size, can break tackles, and consistently get separation. AJ was all speed, little else. Allen has speed but also very good field vision. Beginning to warm up to the possibility of taking him.

Want to see his 40 time looks similar to Crabtree imo we need a speed at the WR position

Would that be such a bad thing? Will we be able to sign Crabtree to a contract extension? We could always get a speedster later in the draft.

Maybe a problem if their trying to resign Boldin & Crabtree has 2 years left I believe the chemistry with Crabtree & Kap I highly doubt he goes anywhere that is hard to replace imo
  • buck
  • Veteran
Rutgers redshirt junior WR Brandon Coleman has declared for the NFL Draft.

Coleman 2012 season was much better than this past year, and evaluators will have to determine if that was due to poor quarterback play, injury, a regression in talent or a combination of the three. Coleman does boast great length and build up speed. He's likely a top-75 selection.

Source: Jason Baum on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/28814/rutgers-wr-coleman-declares-for-nfl-draft
  • buck
  • Veteran
Brandon Coleman to declare for draft

PISCATAWAY, N.J. -- Rutgers redshirt junior wide receiver Brandon Coleman will forego his final year of eligibility and enter the NFL draft.

The school made the announcement on Saturday. He'll play his final game as a Scarlet Knight in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl against Notre Dame on Dec. 28.

Considered one of the nation's top receivers entering this season, Coleman finished the regular season with 32 catches for 473 yards and three touchdowns.

The 6-foot-6 Coleman is second in school history with 19 career receiving touchdowns. In 38 career games and 26 starts at wide receiver, he has 92 career receptions for 1,743 yards.

Coleman is a two-time conference all-academic team selection and is one semester away from earning his degree.

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

http://espn.go.com/new-york/college-football/story/_/id/10137891/rutgers-wr-brandon-coleman-declare-draft
[ Edited by buck on Dec 14, 2013 at 4:58 PM ]
I hope Kasen Williams declares. When I watch his "game tape" (youtube highlights) I see a young Anquan Boldin/Hakeem Nicks.
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Dec 14, 2013 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I hope Kasen Williams declares. When I watch his "game tape" (youtube highlights) I see a young Anquan Boldin/Hakeem Nicks.

He seems faster and taller than Boldin Nicks imo. I actually think he reminds me of Terrell Owens.
[ Edited by kronik on Dec 16, 2013 at 11:09 PM ]
Originally posted by kronik:

He seems faster and taller than Boldin Nicks imo. I actually think he reminds me of Terrell Owens.

6'2" 212 according to CBS Prospects list. They tab him as a third rounder.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Dec 17, 2013 at 6:44 AM ]
Davonte Adams has submitted a request to the NFL Draft Advisory Board. If he declares, this class gets deeper.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Fresno State's Davante Adams seeks evaluation from NFL Draft Advisory Board

"We're still waiting on the season to end and then we're going to handle all that. I'm taking it as slow as possible," said Adams, who is leading the nation in receptions and touchdown catches and in just 25 career games already has set 11 school records.

"I've got some time before I have to make a decision. For now, I'm a Bulldog and I'm just worried about this bowl game and making sure I finish out these practices strong and staying healthy before I get into anything like that."

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/12/16/3671047/bulldogs-adams-seeks-evaluation.html#storylink=cpy
[ Edited by buck on Dec 17, 2013 at 7:36 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

You all are aware that he broke his fibula and "displaced" foot ligaments right? He hasn't played since October 26th...

Only way he declares IMO is if he thinks the next QB won't be as good as Keith Price right away or if he isn't happy about Sarkisian leaving or Chris Peterson being hired to replace him.

I've always liked him and he is a fighter as evidenced by this...

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=209305341

His leg is fractured. His foot has ligaments displaced.

But two things for sure aren't broken on Kasen Williams: His spirit and determination.

Two weeks following the junior wide receiver's surgery to repair a broken fibula and foot displacement that ended his junior season, Williams caught a round of passes shot out of a JUGS passing machine that was maybe 15 yards away from him Tuesday morning after practice at the Dempsey Indoor facility.

And he did it on one leg.

Leaning on a crutch he was catching passes from a juggs machine
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:23 AM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

You all are aware that he broke his fibula and "displaced" foot ligaments right? He hasn't played since October 26th...

Only way he declares IMO is if he thinks the next QB won't be as good as Keith Price right away or if he isn't happy about Sarkisian leaving or Chris Peterson being hired to replace him.

But two things for sure aren't broken on Kasen Williams: His spirit and determination.

Two weeks following the junior wide receiver's surgery to repair a broken fibula and foot displacement that ended his junior season, Williams caught a round of passes shot out of a JUGS passing machine that was maybe 15 yards away from him Tuesday morning after practice at the Dempsey Indoor facility.

Will be the next Baalke special...seventh round steal! Or maybe higher...?

Originally posted by sfout:

Will be the next Baalke special...seventh round steal! Or maybe higher...?

7th round pick. PUP. We sign Boldin to a 2-3 year deal. By the time it's up, this guy is ready to start lol.
Kasen Williams ain't declaring lol
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
only 6'3" and over please.
  • buck
  • Veteran
An interesting article on the quality of this year's draft class.

Includes thoughts on receivers and defensive backs.

The last draft with more than four first-round wide receivers was 2009. After two below-average to poor wideout drafts, this one should be much better.

"Hypothetically, there are seven first-round projections," one scout said.

Juniors Sammy Watkins (6-1, 205) of Clemson, Odell Beckham (5-11, 193) of Louisiana State and Marqise Lee (6-0, 195) of Southern California, and redshirt sophomores Mike Evans (6-5, 225) of Texas A&M and Kelvin Benjamin (6-5, 225) of Florida State head the list.

http://www.jsonline.com/tablet/sports/early-look-at-the-nfl-draft-b99168238z1-236899801.html#ixzz2oDjRUjfi
[ Edited by buck on Dec 22, 2013 at 8:13 AM ]
So lets say at tha 2nd round Chiefs pick if WR B.Cooks N O.Beckham JR are on tha board who should we take ???
Share 49ersWebzone