LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Paul Richardson in the 2nd please

Yea lets waste an other high draft pick on a under weight small WR

Well we have ZERO speed at the WR position, so...

So we waste another high pick on a under weight WR ??? I know N agree we need speed but what we dont need is another AJ Jenkins(even tho i wasnt ready for us to give up on him)

So we waste another high pick on a under weight WR ??? I know N agree we need speed but what we dont need is another AJ Jenkins(even tho i wasnt ready for us to give up on him)

I don't know why you keep saying waste... Dude is legit.

Tha dude is 6'1 170lbz AJ was 6'ish 190 comin out N wsd small N need to add weight now how did that work out ?????

Tha dude is 6'1 170lbz AJ was 6'ish 190 comin out N wsd small N need to add weight now how did that work out ?????

Oh I didn't know all small WRs don't pan out? Guess I missed that.

Im tryin to save u N everybody else frm b*tchin about him or another small WR when they aint on tha field playin next yr....
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Dec 5, 2013 at 8:25 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
I rewatched Miss St vs Ole Miss. Moncrief has a quick release off the line. It was quicker than I expected as were his cuts. He showed some athleticism the way he caught the ball. I didn't see a guy that could create after the catch like Allen Robinson can though. He may be the type of guy that can beat deep coverages and therefore give the offense that deep threat it needs.

I watched 3 games of 2013 Marqise Lee and I think we should trade up to get him. Most people have mocked in between 15-25 which isn't out of reach at all. I think he and Watkins would be great fits in this offense but Watkins will easily be top 15. I think Lee brings elite qualities to the table. Despite his size he has elite pass catching ability. His ability to adjust and stay inbound is incredible(See the reception back shoulder reception in the Stanford game). He has elite quickness which is probably his most useful quality in the USC offense. All the bubble screens, sweeps, isolations. and kick returns showcase that. He also shows off that quickness after the catch in his ability to navigate in the open field.

Lastly Lee is an elite route runner. He hasn't mastered the deep routes. Those are very much raw but his short and intermediate routes are executed to perfection. Lee has shown the ability to not only run the in, out, dig, cross, slant, and hit but he can also create yards after the catch. Lee understands route running at a high level and I recognize this in his ability to run after the catch. His balance is so good and hes so quick that before the defender even has time to fully react to the development of the route Lee is ready to catch and run into the open field.

He could instantly come in and rotate with with Boldin at #2 and Patton at slot receiver. I could see Patton,Lee, and Boldin basically rotating #2/Slot with Boldin getting 60% snaps. This rotation also keeps Lee fresh and allows him to adjust to the NFL without a heavy workload. Overwork has hurt his production this year so I think he could handle 15-20 snaps and PR/KR. His special team experience would also be an added bonus and hes pretty good at reading ST's.

I think the FO needs to hit on this WR pick. It's important for so many reason. Most off all we need solidarity at the position even if we resign Crab. We need a #2. Boldin is great but what he brings to the table is not like what Welker brought to Denver or Alshon Jeffrey brought to Chicago. A reciever like Lee that can eat up large chunks of yards make this offense twice as dynamic. Then you have Crabtree on the other side that can do all of the same things. Coverage starts shifting to the edges and out of the middle then Boldin and Davis are exploiting wide open spaces.

Maybe I'm exaggerating things but I feel like this is the best pick.

I agree on Lee!!! As I think he has the quick twitch skill set that we are lacking. And I believe he will be within our reach, if we package a trade and move up grab him. Not only would I package a 3rd pick to move up and draft Lee, but I would also invest and additional 2nd or 3rd round pick on a taller passion receiver like Moncrief, or Flordia St. Red shirt soph 6' 5" WR Kelvin Benjamin. Draft 2 WR's one fast, & one tall
So I've been keeping tabs on Miami's Allen Hurns. Let me say this.. I sincerely doubt he's going to last until the 7th round anymore. After quietly having one of the best seasons in Miami history, there are murmurs that he is rising fast. And I'm not surprised. Great deep threat, good blocker, solid route runner, quick, and good size 6-2 195. The only knock on him is his timed speed but you can see on the field he's faster than that.

There's so much to like about this kid. I badly want him on our team.

Stat line this season: 60 receptions for 1138 yards (that's 19 YARDS PER CATCH), with 6 TDs.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 6, 2013 at 10:49 AM ]
Anybody know if the WRs from Missouri are declaring for the draft or not?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

WRs? Only WR that would be drafted is Washington and he's a Sr. and DGB is a true Soph.

Ever since AJ, I swear people have this irrational phobia of small WRs. Ty Hilton is even smaller than AJ and he's doing just fine. AJ sucks and it's not because of his size.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
So I've been keeping tabs on Miami's Allen Hurns. Let me say this.. I sincerely doubt he's going to last until the 7th round anymore. After quietly having one of the best seasons in Miami history, there are murmurs that he is rising fast. And I'm not surprised. Great deep threat, good blocker, solid route runner, quick, and good size 6-2 195. The only knock on him is his timed speed but you can see on the field he's faster than that.

There's so much to like about this kid. I badly want him on our team.

Stat line this season: 60 receptions for 1138 yards (that's 19 YARDS PER CATCH), with 6 TDs.

interesting prospect, OTC. now let's just hope he doesn't end up being like Leonard Hankerson. i still have hope for Hankerson
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

WRs? Only WR that would be drafted is Washington and he's a Sr. and DGB is a true Soph.

thats what I thought as well.
Originally posted by sfout:
thats what I thought as well.

And Washington right now is still a better athlete than receiver, he's got a long way to go in terms of developing into an NFL WR.
shotgun approach. take atleast 3 in this draft
Share 49ersWebzone