There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014

Originally posted by eonblue:
I agree. I think Robinson is a better route runners, faster, and more agile in the open field.

I would have stopped there. Robinson appears to be slower than Moncrief, don't know about the agility part either. Moncrief has some outstanding moves that he utilizes to get separation and shake defender's. Robinson looks the part of a traditional possession receiver, Moncrief I think has more explosion to him.



The interesting thing is the possibility that neither of those two come out for the draft in 2014.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yes a thousand times to a new WR coach.

Maybe hire a WR consultant to advise them on their selection.

So who are some of tha better WR coachs ???

Considering that there could be some major changes coming to the Houston Texans, maybe we could hire WR Coach, Larry Kirksey? He has coached with the 49ers in the past.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches/larry-kirksey/93587bb9-fdd5-4fca-857a-2dbd6fa8c4a2

He seem good N has coached some great players...But what about newer WRz who has he coached up besidez A.Johnson ???
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yes a thousand times to a new WR coach.

Maybe hire a WR consultant to advise them on their selection.

So who are some of tha better WR coachs ???

Considering that there could be some major changes coming to the Houston Texans, maybe we could hire WR Coach, Larry Kirksey? He has coached with the 49ers in the past.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches/larry-kirksey/93587bb9-fdd5-4fca-857a-2dbd6fa8c4a2

He seem good N has coached some great players...But what about newer WRz who has he coached up besidez A.Johnson ???

Last time I checked, their rookie WR DeAndre Hopkins has been pretty good...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:
I agree. I think Robinson is a better route runners, faster, and more agile in the open field.

I would have stopped there. Robinson appears to be slower than Moncrief, don't know about the agility part either. Moncrief has some outstanding moves that he utilizes to get separation and shake defender's. Robinson looks the part of a traditional possession receiver, Moncrief I think has more explosion to him.



The interesting thing is the possibility that neither of those two come out for the draft in 2014.

Robinson is a better route runner than Moncrief.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,916
Paul Richardson declared, really skinny though.......170 pounds
Originally posted by SFrush:
Robinson is a better route runner than Moncrief.

I never disputed that if you read what I wrote.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Paul Richardson declared, really skinny though.......170 pounds

Desean Jackson has done fine at a lighter weight...although Richardson is about 6 feet tall, so it might help for him to bulk up at least a bit. If it drops his draft stock and makes him available for the 49ers later on, I'd be interested, definite potential as a vertical threat.


What his coach said:

""He definitely needs to get some more size on him for durability factors," MacIntyre said. "If he puts the right type of muscle on, he's not going to lose any speed. He might gain even more speed.""


If he works his ass off, goes to Athletes Performance or something of that sort with a regimented training program, he could put on some quality weight that just as his coach stated, could make him even more explosive as an athlete.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 2, 2013 at 9:16 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Moncrief should not be ahead of Allen Robinson.

I agree. I think Robinson is a better route runners, faster, and more agile in the open field.

He's a better route runner, yes. Moncrief has a higher upside in my opinion though, and is much faster in my opinion. Doesn't get caught from behind.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
He's a better route runner, yes. Moncrief has a higher upside in my opinion though, and is much faster in my opinion. Doesn't get caught from behind.

This. 49ers have plenty of possession receivers, I like the additional explosiveness that Moncrief provides. Better overall ceiling as a WR.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. 49ers have plenty of possession receivers, I like the additional explosiveness that Moncrief provides. Better overall ceiling as a WR.

See I feel like Moncrief is a possession receiver. I don't feel like he has the balance or speed to really cause any damage after the catch. Maybe Im just evaluating him wrong but he just doesn't seem that explosive.

Personally I think we should package a 3rd and trade up for Lee.
amazing some of the past receivers that the board was hot for that didnt turn out---dwight jones, marcus davis, and darick rogers come to mind--it seems to be a hard position to scout with alot of bust potential

you can pass over an alshon jefery for a aj jenkins
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Paul Richardson declared, really skinny though.......170 pounds

Desean Jackson has done fine at a lighter weight...although Richardson is about 6 feet tall, so it might help for him to bulk up at least a bit. If it drops his draft stock and makes him available for the 49ers later on, I'd be interested, definite potential as a vertical threat.


What his coach said:

""He definitely needs to get some more size on him for durability factors," MacIntyre said. "If he puts the right type of muscle on, he's not going to lose any speed. He might gain even more speed.""


If he works his ass off, goes to Athletes Performance or something of that sort with a regimented training program, he could put on some quality weight that just as his coach stated, could make him even more explosive as an athlete.

Maybe if he can jump up to between 180 or so, he can become like a Marvin Harrison type of player.
I rewatched Miss St vs Ole Miss. Moncrief has a quick release off the line. It was quicker than I expected as were his cuts. He showed some athleticism the way he caught the ball. I didn't see a guy that could create after the catch like Allen Robinson can though. He may be the type of guy that can beat deep coverages and therefore give the offense that deep threat it needs.

I watched 3 games of 2013 Marqise Lee and I think we should trade up to get him. Most people have mocked in between 15-25 which isn't out of reach at all. I think he and Watkins would be great fits in this offense but Watkins will easily be top 15. I think Lee brings elite qualities to the table. Despite his size he has elite pass catching ability. His ability to adjust and stay inbound is incredible(See the reception back shoulder reception in the Stanford game). He has elite quickness which is probably his most useful quality in the USC offense. All the bubble screens, sweeps, isolations. and kick returns showcase that. He also shows off that quickness after the catch in his ability to navigate in the open field.

Lastly Lee is an elite route runner. He hasn't mastered the deep routes. Those are very much raw but his short and intermediate routes are executed to perfection. Lee has shown the ability to not only run the in, out, dig, cross, slant, and hit but he can also create yards after the catch. Lee understands route running at a high level and I recognize this in his ability to run after the catch. His balance is so good and hes so quick that before the defender even has time to fully react to the development of the route Lee is ready to catch and run into the open field.

He could instantly come in and rotate with with Boldin at #2 and Patton at slot receiver. I could see Patton,Lee, and Boldin basically rotating #2/Slot with Boldin getting 60% snaps. This rotation also keeps Lee fresh and allows him to adjust to the NFL without a heavy workload. Overwork has hurt his production this year so I think he could handle 15-20 snaps and PR/KR. His special team experience would also be an added bonus and hes pretty good at reading ST's.

I think the FO needs to hit on this WR pick. It's important for so many reason. Most off all we need solidarity at the position even if we resign Crab. We need a #2. Boldin is great but what he brings to the table is not like what Welker brought to Denver or Alshon Jeffrey brought to Chicago. A reciever like Lee that can eat up large chunks of yards make this offense twice as dynamic. Then you have Crabtree on the other side that can do all of the same things. Coverage starts shifting to the edges and out of the middle then Boldin and Davis are exploiting wide open spaces.

Maybe I'm exaggerating things but I feel like this is the best pick.
Niners need a #1. More depth is not needed. Crabtree's injury will decrease what was only only average speed. If there is anyone in the draft that the FO believes is that #1, then trade up to get. Package Anthony Davis for instance with the Niners' #1 pick. Move Boone to right tackle. The Niners could then fill RG with Looney, Kilgore or another high pick.
I havent seen a whole lot of you discussing Jordan Matthews out Vanderbilt. Everything I have seen from this kid looks like a star with a team first mentality