There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wide Receiver Class of 2014



Davante Adams
Originally posted by eonblue:
Originally posted by Cooper22:
We need odell beckham. Fast and athletic to combat the Seattle corners. Won't be able to keep up with him (See; Hilton, TY)

Yup. Hilton exposed that secondary. They can get turned inside out you just have to be quick enough.


I think this is the type of receiver we need. A great route runner with hands like glue. His agility allows him to create tons of YAC, and TD's. Combine him with Crab/Davis and you wont have a problem putting together drives because they can pick up a 1st down or TD at any moment.

Would be very happy with Beckham Jr in the 2nd round.
 This draft has a lot of big WR, but I only see a handfull of really fast WR. I consider fast as mid 4.4 or better.

Sammy Watkins
Marquis Lee
Odell Beckman
Jared Abbrederis
Josh Huff
Christion Jones
Dri Archer
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:


Davante Adams

want, but i dont think he declares.
Id really like to get small burner and a big Baldwen type who can contribute.
since the top of class WR's have been heavily discussed,

A couple guys i like in the mid to late rounds are,

Jalen Saunders (mid rounds)
Cody Hoffman (mid rounds)
Jeff Janis (late rounds/UDFA)(could potentially fill a HB role)
Josh Harper (Late rounds/UDFA)(may not declare)

Also love me some Davante Adams, but i don't think he declares.

Gonna need a couple WR's throughout the draft.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Nov 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,332
Allen Hurns from Miami showed some impressive hands in that Florida State game.
L'Damian Washington WR Missouri rSr 6-4 205

I've been very impressed with his improvement this year. Most draft sites have him listed as a 6th round pick but I think he's going to rise to the 2nd- 3rd round after the combine. You can't teach big and you can't teach fast.

Looks like he has legit 4.4 speed. A bit thinly built, so I do worry about him going over the middle, but considering today's NFL, that is becoming less of a problem.
Originally posted by Butter:
This draft has a lot of big WR, but I only see a handfull of really fast WR. I consider fast as mid 4.4 or better.

Sammy Watkins
Marquis Lee
Odell Beckman
Jared Abbrederis
Josh Huff
Christion Jones
Dri Archer

Where's Philly Brown?
Originally posted by mtminer:
L'Damian Washington WR Missouri rSr 6-4 205

I've been very impressed with his improvement this year. Most draft sites have him listed as a 6th round pick but I think he's going to rise to the 2nd- 3rd round after the combine. You can't teach big and you can't teach fast.

Looks like he has legit 4.4 speed. A bit thinly built, so I do worry about him going over the middle, but considering today's NFL, that is becoming less of a problem.

This! Couple him with a smaller, shiftier guy, like phoenix did in his 2.0 mock with Moncrief and Herron, and we're good to go. Speed and more speed!
Donte Moncrief, I've been going back and watching as much of his performances as I have time for and he really jumps out at me, he's struggled this season somewhat, although a lot of that I think has to do with inconsistent QB play, but he's very built, strong, terrific quickness, attacks the ball in the air, uses his frame to muscle out defensive backs and has some sick moves to get separation quickly. He's just flying along under the radar, being largely ignored in favor of more highly hyped prospects but when all is said and done, he could end up being the best WR from this draft. For a bigger receiver, he's also pretty fast and has the necessary strength to beat press coverage.







[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM ]
I like Janis a lot. I would hope that we draft him and keep him at WR, he's pretty fast, and big. He could play out wide or in the slot. I think he'd be a good fit here, and I want us to draft a white receiver. LOL. White receivers are a rare breed these days, but I want us to have one.
Originally posted by K1ngCoopa24:
I like Janis a lot. I would hope that we draft him and keep him at WR, he's pretty fast, and big. He could play out wide or in the slot. I think he'd be a good fit here, and I want us to draft a white receiver. LOL. White receivers are a rare breed these days, but I want us to have one.


sorry to tell ya--pats cut Austin collie today
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
since the top of class WR's have been heavily discussed,

A couple guys i like in the mid to late rounds are,

Jalen Saunders (mid rounds)
Cody Hoffman (mid rounds)
Jeff Janis (late rounds/UDFA)(could potentially fill a HB role)
Josh Harper (Late rounds/UDFA)(may not declare)

Also love me some Davante Adams, but i don't think he declares.

Gonna need a couple WR's throughout the draft.


I believe that jalen saunders, josh harper and cooks from Oregon state are all from stockton
Originally posted by hofer36:
sorry to tell ya--pats cut Austin collie today

I knew that a long time ago, thanks though. So what if they cut him? I was talking about us drafting Jeff Janis, not about whether Austin Collie is playing or not.