There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Draft to be moved to May

Pretty soon Opening day will be in November , and the superbowl played in March ....and field goals will be worth 4 pts

wouldnt surprise me , he already wants to eliminate kick offs ....all these damn rule changes in the coming years will will spoil the game
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Fallout from moving draft back: Brutal for agents. Pay for workout facilities & support players longer. May cause some to go out of business
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Fallout from moving draft back: Brutal for agents. Pay for workout facilities & support players longer. May cause some to go out of business

Brutal for the coaches as well.

Rookie Mini camps pushed back. Three weeks taken away for the rookies to learn their playbooks.
Ugh. It's already a pain in the you know what to wait the 2-3 months after the season ends. I'm not a fan of this at all.
This sucks. I still follow the NFL over the next couple months with the camps and OTA's. I'm am content knowing all the changes we made. I can now enjoy our limited spring and summer we have around here in PA. The draft is already too late. I have to wait for it with anticipation. May would kill me. I'd like to be able to enjoy these events while I'm stuck indoors with bad weather. The Sat of the draft this year was the first nice day here and I got grief because I stayed inside to watch day 3. My kids want to go out and play and its the first time to mow. May is busy with yard work and doing things outside with the kids. That's opening weekend for our local amusement park. Family wins out and i'll be stuck taping day 3.
The draft will be ruined for me. Time to start complaining.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

League meeting over. Teams informed NFL expects to finalize a new league calendar within a week. Looks like Pro Browl team cap't format a go
Terrible idea, IMO. It's already long enough after the season.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

then start later? lol
Interesting changes if they happen! College players will be able to finish college before camps start, giving all players equal access. Those wanting to finish degrees should not be penalized by missing early camps...some schools finish earlier than others.

Would the Free Agent Market be more interesting if teams could not wait until they saw who they drafted? Or would they still be able to fill in the pieces after the draft?

Since May is a dead time for the most part this will not really affect me...just more time to evaluate college players. If they moved the Combine to late April and the Draft to late May...I may need to start another hobby from Super Bowl through March.

On the other hand...another month of Mel Kiper? Ouch!
Roger Goodell still harping on the possibility of 18 game season yet again. where is the outrage in player safety you hebrew nation dipsh!t. fcuk when will this fcuker just die a slow agonizing death. I'll PAY to see that. damn these natural disasters keep missing these greedy ba$tard$ that love milking the average fan for their own pockets.
Its all about keeping the NFL in the limelight and in the money. The bad thing, even for good teams is that it gives teams more time to overthink things in the draft, sometimes the first impressions are the right ones more often than the later when it comes to the draft.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Roger Goodell still harping on the possibility of 18 game season yet again. where is the outrage in player safety you hebrew nation dipsh!t. fcuk when will this fcuker just die a slow agonizing death. I'll PAY to see that. damn these natural disasters keep missing these greedy ba$tard$ that love milking the average fan for their own pockets.

"hebrew nation dipsh!t."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

NFL announces the 2014 Draft will be held May 8-10.
stupid and racist
Originally posted by buck:
"hebrew nation dipsh!t."

$$$