This is unnecessary.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Makes sense from a business standpoint.

June-Aug: OTAs, Training Camp
Aug-Sept: Preseason
Sept-Feb: Football Season and Post-Season
Feb-Mar: Coaching Changes, Free Agency, Combine, Scouting
Apr-May: Scouting, NFL Draft

It keeps the NFL relevant and topical 365 days, 7 days a week.

You're absolutely right on. This little tweek will keep the NFL relevant 12 months a year.
If they move everything down to spread out the offseason a little bit more then its okay.
maddog get more time to prepare
What keeps Goodell up at night is adding more games. The NFL owners want to add two more games, you can bet that will change to four games in a few seasons. It's not too hard to figure that pushing the draft back to May is because the SB is going to be played deeper in Feb.
As long as it is only a week or 2 back I am fine with it. I also like moving start of league year up, sick of the month wait between Super Bowl and Free Agency.
I like how the NFL is always ahead of the curb compared to other sports leagues

But sometimes they just make too many damn changes for no real apparent reasons
Originally posted by GEEK:
Makes sense from a business standpoint.

June-Aug: OTAs, Training Camp
Aug-Sept: Preseason
Sept-Feb: Football Season and Post-Season
Feb-Mar: Coaching Changes, Free Agency, Combine, Scouting
Apr-May: Scouting, NFL Draft

It keeps the NFL relevant and topical 365 days, 7 days a week.

Love the new proposed schedule Im sooo bored No football to talk about other than the Seadderall Seacocks and coach Cheat Carroll
One thing that i don't think has been mentioned, and probably wasnt part of the thought process, But it does give players who were injured going into the offseason and entering the draft the opportunity to get some extra time for recovery before private workouts etc.

Also gives clubs a bit more time to do some homework on prospects that may be late risers.

I dunno. For me its not really anything i would get all worked up over, although i do feel sometimes they just change things for the sake of changing them.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
One thing that i don't think has been mentioned, and probably wasnt part of the thought process, But it does give players who were injured going into the offseason and entering the draft the opportunity to get some extra time for recovery before private workouts etc.

Also gives clubs a bit more time to do some homework on prospects that may be late risers.

I dunno. For me its not really anything i would get all worked up over, although i do feel sometimes they just change things for the sake of changing them.

True, but if your a draft addict like most of us here, its a disappointment. But your right about the injured players part, good point.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

True, but if your a draft addict like most of us here, its a disappointment. But your right about the injured players part, good point.

No i totally understand the disapointment, im a draft nut myself. but it may be for the best in the long run.
Money. Keeps the NFL in the spotlight for an extended month.
I hate May