There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Daniel "Mount" McCullers-NT-Tennessee

Originally posted by 60sFan:
Not a Balke kind of NT

A guy with tremendous length and reach? Are you sure? At this point, I think its still generally too early to say what is or isn't a Baalke type of player other than guys who possess length and versatility. Beyond that we are pretty much guessing. 49ers haven't added a bigger NT, doesn't necessarily mean that they won't if they find the right prospect.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yea a monster that disappearz no thankz......

Just think of the possibilities, though: McCullerz.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Yea a monster that disappearz no thankz......

U forgot tha Z in possibilitiez
Huge Vol fan, but this guy is lazy. Not nfl material
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Phoenix you think he'd make a good 5-tech DE?

I don't know, he's got decent agility and quickness for his size. Maybe if he dropped down to around 340 or so.....kinda funny when you talk about a guy "dropping down to 340."

He'd have to drop weight to play on the outside, I don't think Tennessee has ever tried him out there. In spite of the height, I think he could make for a pretty good NT, he's just got so much body mass and pure, ridiculous power that he's going to be a pain in the ass to block.

Can't see him as a "space eating" NT in a 3-4. He's too tall. I can however see him playing DE in a 3-4, in the mold of Calais Campbell. He looks to have a decent amount of range and displays the ability to disengage blockers.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Don't want. Period.

I'd love to have him as a monster, space-eating NT to stuff the run. He doesn't bring much of anything in terms of the pass rush but with the amount of space he occupies in the middle, that's just a monster road block that offensive linemen have to clear out of the way, hard to see your average offensive lineman handling McCullers one on one.

With close to 37" arm length, he's got the ability to really reach out and touch someone. The average for the position is anywhere from 33-34" so he's got some ridiculous reach.

Besides his reach and his size, he doesn't bring a lot to the table in terms of performance. I would much rather have someone like Dorsey or even a Dominique Easley/Aaron Donald
type penetrator added to our roster.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Dam... Calais Campbell 2.0

campbell's an athlete; this guy is 75% space eater. not really a comparison.

that being said, i'd be tempted to draft him in the late 3rd.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Dam... Calais Campbell 2.0

Not even close. Calais Campbell can play and produce. This guy, not so much.