There are 211 users in the forums

Mel Kiper's Early Top 50 for 2014 Draft

According to ESPN, Mel Kiper Jr. moved Donte Moncrief from his 9th overall prospect to 19th after a slow start this season. This pisses me off! I was raving about how underrated he was, and Kipe didn't even have him listed in his top 50 much less top 10. How does Moncrief go from not even being on his top 50 list to being the 9th overall rated propect?

Moncrief was my must-have diamond in the rough. Now that he's been Kipered, everyone and their mother's gonna take notice.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
According to ESPN, Mel Kiper Jr. moved Donte Moncrief from his 9th overall prospect to 19th after a slow start this season. This pisses me off! I was raving about how underrated he was, and Kipe didn't even have him listed in his top 50 much less top 10. How does Moncrief go from not even being on his top 50 list to being the 9th overall rated propect?

Moncrief was my must-have diamond in the rough. Now that he's been Kipered, everyone and their mother's gonna take notice.

I don't think GM's are reading Mel's work for tips....
Originally posted by jreff22:

You never know. Al Davis sure looks like he might've been...

I know scouts don't rely on pundits (at least the good ones don't), but I'm still upset that the guy I thought was a diamond in the rough may be a first round pick. I've had my hopes up, and the Niners are going to need WRs. I noticed him when I was watching some SEC games this offseason, and I couldn't believe people didn't have him as one of the best WRs in the draft. Kiper's actually a relatively accurate predictor of who goes where (not as much in the how-good-they'll-be category).
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Sep 9, 2013 at 2:47 AM ]
We may need some receivers to round out our roster, but I expect the top 3 positions to be locked up. What we will be rebuilding in 2014 is our secondary. Tarrell Brown's and Donte Whitner's contracts are up and will probably be gone. Carlos Rogers could be gone as well. Nnamdi Asomugha is on a one year deal.
Jags are probably hoping so bad that they get Teddy.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
We may need some receivers to round out our roster, but I expect the top 3 positions to be locked up. What we will be rebuilding in 2014 is our secondary. Tarrell Brown's and Donte Whitner's contracts are up and will probably be gone. Carlos Rogers could be gone as well. Nnamdi Asomugha is on a one year deal.

Indeed.
frank caliendo does a hilarious mel kipper jr

If he wasnt listed at all, how is it possible that he fell from 9 to 19???

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Hope so.
Whom do we have? Nnamdi, Culliver, Rogers and Brown...
Originally posted by communist:
If he wasnt listed at all, how is it possible that he fell from 9 to 19???

Hope so.
Whom do we have? Nnamdi, Culliver, Rogers and Brown...

That's what I was asking! Look at the list on the first page: no Moncrief. That was in May. But apparently by the beginning of the season Moncrief was his 9th overall prospect. Kiper's reading my posts.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Good call on that.

Kiper doesn't have Moncrief on his top 25 anymore.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
frank caliendo does a hilarious mel kipper jr

yeah I just saw that two days ago. my cheeks were hurting from laughing so hard

[ Edited by vaden on Sep 12, 2013 at 4:17 AM ]
Im on the outside Im sure, but what I really think is that we need to draft that TRUE NT to keep blockers off our best defensive players. We were a dominant defense in 2011, when we also kept opponents from from having any rushing TDs until week 16. That's an unbelievable rush defense to have that stat. we could keep teams one-dimensional and if we could snatch a lockdown corner early as well, then our D, may be back to the top where we belong. We need a monster in the middle to force those third and longs with regularity. That's the Defense Im used to seeing in SF. NOT that 5yds/att to start in 2013.
Anyone have the picks from McShay and Kiper. It's on espn insider.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Anyone have the picks from McShay and Kiper. It's on espn insider.

Nice bump jackle, it reminded me of a very good post above yours!
Share 49ersWebzone