There are 181 users in the forums

A look ahead in to the prospects of the 2014 Draft

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by tohara3:
49ers 1st round pick next year!!!!

Wouldn't mind him on the 49ers next year at all. Nice video!

Looks good to me.

Honestly I think he will be way outta the 49ers range, I think Gilbert will go in the top 15, unless hes got some major attitude or off-field issues.

Wouldn't be mad if we trade up to get a good corner with size and return skills! We have plenty of picks and not a ton of holes next year.
We will need a Corner badly whether we cut Rogers, lose Brown and/or Nnamdi(If he makes the 2013 roster), so I would go all in on a top notch CB. Also a SS to replace Whitner if he isnt retained. Whitner I would like back, he is a solid Vet with leadership skills. Need that on the D, especially secondary.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
We will need a Corner badly whether we cut Rogers, lose Brown and/or Nnamdi(If he makes the 2013 roster), so I would go all in on a top notch CB. Also a SS to replace Whitner if he isnt retained. Whitner I would like back, he is a solid Vet with leadership skills. Need that on the D, especially secondary.

I agree 100% AB!!!

Hey what are the 49ers picks next year, excluding possible compensatory picks???
I agree 100% AB!!!

Hey what are the 49ers picks next year, excluding possible compensatory picks???

1, 2, 2/3 KC, 3 TEN, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 CAR, 7

*KC's 2/3 (8-8 or Better = 2nd For Smith, 7-9 or Worse = 3rd)
*TEN 3rd (Draft Trade from 2013 Draft)
*CAR 7th (Colin Jones)

I'd also say at least we should be looking at end of 3rd Comp for Goldson. Probably cancelled out Sopoaga, RJF and Walker with other signings but who knows could get one more from them.

And mentioned earlier but fully agree that this could be a secondary heavy draft. Depending on who is re-signed next year and if Rogers takes a paycut to stay with the team I wouldn't mind 2 CB's and a SS (if whitner is gone) in the first 3 picks. Hopefully our 1st, 2nd and KC's 2nd.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jun 24, 2013 at 9:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I agree 100% AB!!!

*CAR 7th (Colin Jones)

I'd also say at least we should be looking at end of 3rd Comp for Goldson. Probably cancelled out Sopoaga, RJF and Walker with other signings.

And mentioned earlier but fully agree that this could be a secondary heavy draft. Depending on who is re-signed next year and if Rogers takes a paycut to stay with the team I wouldn't mind 2 CB's and a SS (if whitner is gone) in the first 3 picks. Hopefully our 1st, 2nd and KC's 2nd.
Keep in mind, the "other signings" don't include Asomugha. He doesn't count against the team in terms of compensatory picks because he was cut. Dorsey & Dahl do because they played out their contracts.

I think teams go largely based on total money given to free agents. So Goldson, Jean Francois, Ginn, Sopoaga & Walker should help a lot. Dorsey got 2 years & 6 million; Dahl signed for three-year, $5.25 million. The average annual salary for Jean-Francois alone compensates for both Dorsey & Dahl's combined average salaries. I don't know exactly what the first year of each contract pays though.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jun 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
Wrong thread.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Jun 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I agree 100% AB!!!

*CAR 7th (Colin Jones)

I'd also say at least we should be looking at end of 3rd Comp for Goldson. Probably cancelled out Sopoaga, RJF and Walker with other signings.

What my man Gore_21 said. We probably get a 3rd comp, we picked up 4 eligible FAs, and lost 5 eligible FAs, so if it works out even, we get a 3rd because Goldson signed for highest APY and Guaranteed money, and will get most PT as FS for Tampa.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Keep in mind, the "other signings" don't include Asomugha. He doesn't count against the team in terms of compensatory picks because he was cut. Dorsey & Dahl do because they played out their contracts.

I think teams go largely based on total money given to free agents. So Goldson, Jean Francois, Ginn, Sopoaga & Walker should help a lot. Dorsey got 2 years & 6 million; Dahl signed for three-year, $5.25 million. The average annual salary for Jean-Francois alone compensates for both Dorsey & Dahl's combined average salaries. I don't know exactly what the first year of each contract pays though.

Yeah our guys signed much higher contracts than we paid out. All that plays in though... net loss or gain, how they play, contracts, how many games they play I think. The official formula was never released by the NFL. Yeah anyone you cut doesn't count as loss and anyone signed that was cut by previous team doesn't count as gain. I don't think guys on 1 year vet min or maybe under like 750-900k or whatever are included either. I was just saying I expect at least a 3rd for Goldson. Wouldn't be surprised if we get one more with Sopoaoga, RJF and Walker getting big pay days too but not counting on it. By the way the teams don't decide compensation, the NFL hands out the picks based on their formula which isn't public knowledge. None of the picks are taken from other teams, they are extras handed out at the end of each round. Still no matter how many we end up with next year's draft should be awesome. Even if we get a 3 for Goldson and say KC goes 8-8 thats 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7. If they go 7-9 or worse and we get 3 for Goldson 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7. So either 2 2's and 3 3's or 1 2 and 4 3's. Should be able to further stock up and build for future and be prepared for losses in FA. Could also move up in rounds 1 or 2 as well. Should be exciting.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jun 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone