LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

We got better...so did the rest of the NFC West

Originally posted by Rascal:
The Rams trumps everyone hands down !! They didn't mess around. They didn't want to get cute on their picks. They basically knew who they wanted, they wanted highly ranked skill-position playmakers and they made it happen. I was massively impressed with their moves to say the least.

If Sam Bradford is as good as they think he is, with all these explosive weapons they are going to be extremely dangerous. They are already a bad match-up for us in the first place. Their D-line owns our O-line, if their offense takes off as well, I think it will be really hard to get a W from them. Since we didn't draft well, we better watch out !!

You are a very funny man.
Originally posted by buck:
The Rams trumps everyone hands down !! They didn't mess around. They didn't want to get cute on their picks.

What team wanted to get cute on their picks? Please name the team and offer some credible evidence that that team wanted to get cute or that that team got cute.

Since we didn't draft well, we better watch out !!

Can you offer any explanation for the your assertion that we did not draft well?

He's just trolling for responses, or a Rams fan in disguise. Pay him no mind. Everyone feels the Niners had a nice draft.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
NFL Memes‏@NFL_Memes
2009 NFC West vs. 2013 NFC West https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLjgGF8CYAAPBAJ.jpg
Good one!
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Seattle got better through trades and free agency. Niner got markedly better in the draft and UDFA. The Cards and Rams made some good picks as well.

Bottom line, the NFC West is now the best division in the NFL top to bottom.

In regards to the supposed missing piece of the Niners draft, a slot CB, the Niners are following the blueprint that the Seahawks have established with their secondary. The Niners are getting bigger press corners that will disrupt receivers at the line of scrimmage just like the Seahawks do. Add to that a bunch of great edge rushers and you have a real good defense against the pass. The NFL is a copycat league and not even our Niners are above dong it.

Don't forget the trade that brought us Boldin. We got better in the draft, UDFA, and in trades.

Dang, I might be a homer, huh.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Chris Tripodi breaks down one of this year's best draft classes.

"Grade: A. San Francisco was in a great position to come out of this year's draft with a deep, talented group of rookies and they did just that. Five of their first six picks are arguably top-50 talents.:

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=7270
[ Edited by buck on Jun 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM ]
You have to take into account Seattle picked up Harvin, Avril and Bennett. Even with that, I thought they drafted poorly. I think the Cards upgraded a lot, but they really were lacking a lot of talent. The Rams are going to miss Jackson and that late round back may be a big sleeper.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Pete Carroll and company are driving on a risky road, and the wheels may fall off the vehicle.

In the draft, Seattle picked up more players with character issues.

Seattle drafted Tharold Simon out of LSU. Simon was arrested two days before the NFL draft. Simon was arrested in his hometown on the eve of a day in his honor.

Seattle drafted Texas A&M running back Christine Michael. The Texas A&M coaches thought he was lazy and had a bad attitude. He was benched early last season and did not play in the 2013 Cotton Bowl.

Seattle added LSU fullback Spencer Ware in the draft. At LSU, Ware was a disappointment. He did not say in shape. He was suspended for using recreational drugs--synthetic marijuana.

Even before the draft, Seattle already had plenty of players with issues. Before he was drafted, Bruce Irwin was arrested in an incident where he damaged a food delivery vehicle. Now, he has been suspended for the first four games of the season for using performance enhancing drugs. Irwin is the 6th Seattle player suspended for PEDS since 2011.

Marshawn Lynch was arrested and charged with DUI last year. The case has not been tried yet. Lynch may be suspended up to four games. Lynch had problems before he arrived in Seattle. He was suspended for three games when he played for Buffalo for violating league rules.

Back-up quarterback Josh Portis was released almost immediately after he was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence earlier this year.

In May, John Moffitt had a court hearing on criminal trespass and obstruction charges. He has another court appearance scheduled for June 14. Moffitt was suspended for four games at the end of the 2011 season for a violation of the league's performance-enhancing drugs.

This off season, the Seattle added Percy Harvin, and face it Harvin has issues. He has clashed with his coaches and teammates wherever he has played, including Minnesota. Convinced that the Vikings were not paying him enough, he threatened to quit the Vikings during the 2012 off season. He openly questioned the ability of Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder.

The charges against the Seattle players might not all that serious in and of themselves, but the quantity is alarming and an indication of a profound disrespect for the rules of the game and a lack of discipline.
[ Edited by buck on Jun 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM ]
^ This. The minute they lose a few s**t is going to explode. Chete Carrol can't keep those bafoons together.

You also forgot about the head honcho Sherman. Browner is a b***h too. lol team full of slimeballs.
Originally posted by ninergold:
You have to take into account Seattle picked up Harvin, Avril and Bennett. Even with that, I thought they drafted poorly. I think the Cards upgraded a lot, but they really were lacking a lot of talent. The Rams are going to miss Jackson and that late round back may be a big sleeper.

Avril is whatever. Bennett has a chronic injury and isn't even that great otherwise.

SEA is setting themselves up for the letdown of the year. Can't wait to watch the collapse.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Avril is whatever. Bennett has a chronic injury and isn't even that great otherwise.

SEA is setting themselves up for the letdown of the year. Can't wait to watch the collapse.

I can not stand Pete Carol.

In my opinion, the man is corrupt. He was corrupt at the University of Spoiled Childern, and is proving to be equally if not more corrupt in the NFL.

The man on the team I feel for is Russell Wilson. He seems to be stand up, hard working, honest man, in addition to being a real talent.

Share 49ersWebzone