There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is your favorite player drafted and why?

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I find it funny everybody all over Patton nuts N he's basically same size as AJ who just about everyone on here has already named bust even thought WR is one of tha toughest spots to translate N learn frm college to NFL ....

If we had picked Jenkins in the 4th like we did Patton, it would've been a different story. Most 1st rounders give you at least SOMETHING as a rookie, even if that something isn't overwhelming (because yes, it does take time to develop). But Jenkins as a 1st rounder gave them absolutely NOTHING, even when we needed a little something from that position towards the end of the year. And I do mean NOTHING.

So I find it funny that you don't see the difference.

I do see a difference but I'm not ready to toss tha Guy aside N call him a bust thought .. just sad reading it frm everyone on here when rookies don't really get much playing time on our team to began with ..yea he was a first round but a late first round not like he was a top 5 pick. Doubt anybody will say anything about Patton being a bust if he doesn't play
Eric Reid. Barring injury no doubt he'll start from day one. Can't wait.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I find it funny everybody all over Patton nuts N he's basically same size as AJ who just about everyone on here has already named bust even thought WR is one of tha toughest spots to translate N learn frm college to NFL ....

If we had picked Jenkins in the 4th like we did Patton, it would've been a different story. Most 1st rounders give you at least SOMETHING as a rookie, even if that something isn't overwhelming (because yes, it does take time to develop). But Jenkins as a 1st rounder gave them absolutely NOTHING, even when we needed a little something from that position towards the end of the year. And I do mean NOTHING.

So I find it funny that you don't see the difference.

I do see a difference but I'm not ready to toss tha Guy aside N call him a bust thought .. just sad reading it frm everyone on here when rookies don't really get much playing time on our team to began with ..yea he was a first round but a late first round not like he was a top 5 pick. Doubt anybody will say anything about Patton being a bust if he doesn't play

Anyone calling Jenkins a bust after just one season is pretty stupid, I'll give you that. And yes, few people will make a big deal if Patton doesn't play this year.....but it's because he's a 4th round pick. The expectations are just different for 1st rounders, even if they're picked in the 20s/30s. The frustration was not that Jenkins didn't play much, it was that he didn't give them anything at all, and he seemed overwhelmed by the entire NFL process. He was out of shape in OTAs, didn't put in enough work in the weight room, seemed extremely timid on the field and never showed the ability to fully grasp the playbook.

For any rookie, that's unacceptable, but even more so for a first round pick whose team needed him at the end of the season.
Tank because he retweeted a picture of him sacking Russell Wilson on madden.
More difficult question than I thought at first! Lattimore's story is really moving and I think he may be a steal...but he may also be a bust. Patton can get off the line quickly, Reid will likely start right away, and Tank...how can you not like a guy named Tank?

But McDonald is my hope for a breakthrough passing game, being able to find the soft spots in the D and help CK out...so he is my favorite...today...or a couple of minutes ago, but...


So happy with this draft!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I think Lemonier will eventually replace Brooks and be a monster DE/OLB.

Watching the tapes, Lemonier looks like a clone of Brooks. He plays downhill like Brooks.

And the crazy thing is, he tested just as well at the combine as Barkevious Mingo and Dion Jordan (two high first rounders) and he had more careers sacks than both:

Kiki Mingo - 4.58 forty, 1.55 10-yard split, 33.68 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years
Dion Jordan - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 33.78 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years (former TE)
C. Lemonier - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 34.48 arms, 17 career sacks in 3 years

* All 3 of their unofficial times were the same (4.53), which was tied for #1 among all DEs.

Plus, Lemonier (21, true Junior) is 2 years younger than Jordan (23, RS Senior) and a year younger than Mingo (22, RS Junior), so the upside is definitely there. IMO, this is almost as much of a high-ceiling, "steal/stash/develop" pick as Marcus Lattimore.
Indeed Lemonier is very intriguing when you compare his stats and workout to Mingo.

I saw his workout at the combine on nfl.com. You can tell this kid is hitting the weight room hard.
TANK
love the nickname plus b4 the injury he was a top 10 pick
"excellent draft"
  • buhda
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 70
The Tank and Lemonier.....the way they draft this year tell that the Niners will bring the heat.....
I gotta say the Tank selection for 2 reasons. 1 because we got him after trading back and 2 because we picked up a 3rd and 7th rounder from the Titans. Baalke strikes again!! I think with all our seven picks, the 3rd from KC (which could turn into a 2nd), these 2 from the Titans and a couple compensatory picks we'll be back up to 11 or 12 next year!!
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I find it funny everybody all over Patton nuts N he's basically same size as AJ who just about everyone on here has already named bust even thought WR is one of tha toughest spots to translate N learn frm college to NFL ....

If we had picked Jenkins in the 4th like we did Patton, it would've been a different story. Most 1st rounders give you at least SOMETHING as a rookie, even if that something isn't overwhelming (because yes, it does take time to develop). But Jenkins as a 1st rounder gave them absolutely NOTHING, even when we needed a little something from that position towards the end of the year. And I do mean NOTHING.

So I find it funny that you don't see the difference.

I do see a difference but I'm not ready to toss tha Guy aside N call him a bust thought .. just sad reading it frm everyone on here when rookies don't really get much playing time on our team to began with ..yea he was a first round but a late first round not like he was a top 5 pick. Doubt anybody will say anything about Patton being a bust if he doesn't play

Anyone calling Jenkins a bust after just one season is pretty stupid, I'll give you that. And yes, few people will make a big deal if Patton doesn't play this year.....but it's because he's a 4th round pick. The expectations are just different for 1st rounders, even if they're picked in the 20s/30s. The frustration was not that Jenkins didn't play much, it was that he didn't give them anything at all, and he seemed overwhelmed by the entire NFL process. He was out of shape in OTAs, didn't put in enough work in the weight room, seemed extremely timid on the field and never showed the ability to fully grasp the playbook.

For any rookie, that's unacceptable, but even more so for a first round pick whose team needed him at the end of the season.

AJ Jenkins has nothing to do with liking Patton as pick. He is a different kind of receiver and will play a different match up role. Jenkins can earn his own playing time and so can Patton.

He is my favorite pick because he is a good player and has a great personality. Just look at that picture, who posts that? Think he will be a good guy to have on the team and watch on Sundays.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I think Lemonier will eventually replace Brooks and be a monster DE/OLB.

Watching the tapes, Lemonier looks like a clone of Brooks. He plays downhill like Brooks.

And the crazy thing is, he tested just as well at the combine as Barkevious Mingo and Dion Jordan (two high first rounders) and he had more careers sacks than both:

Kiki Mingo - 4.58 forty, 1.55 10-yard split, 33.68 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years
Dion Jordan - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 33.78 arms, 14.5 career sacks in 3 years (former TE)
C. Lemonier - 4.60 forty, 1.57 10-yard split, 34.48 arms, 17 career sacks in 3 years

* All 3 of their unofficial times were the same (4.53), which was tied for #1 among all DEs.

Plus, Lemonier (21, true Junior) is 2 years younger than Jordan (23, RS Senior) and a year younger than Mingo (22, RS Junior), so the upside is definitely there. IMO, this is almost as much of a high-ceiling, "steal/stash/develop" pick as Marcus Lattimore.
Indeed Lemonier is very intriguing when you compare his stats and workout to Mingo.

I saw his workout at the combine on nfl.com. You can tell this kid is hitting the weight room hard.

Don't get me wrong I like what I've seen from Lemonier but he didn't go up against the same kind of talent as the other guys. When you watch Lemonier vs Luke Jokoel he gets shut down completely.
ML baby I'm am SC Gamecock fan I saw a lot of hi games and he was a beast.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Don't get me wrong I like what I've seen from Lemonier but he didn't go up against the same kind of talent as the other guys. When you watch Lemonier vs Luke Jokoel he gets shut down completely.
What???????????
You do know that Auburn is in the SEC, the same conference as Mingo and far superior to the PAC 12.
Lemonier reminds me of Kamerion Wimbley. I think in 2 or 3 years he will take over for Brooks.
1, Reid
2nd fav Tank
3rd Fav Lemon
4th fav Patton
5th Fav Lattimore.

i do like the Mcdonald pick also just like the others better, thats how good this draft looks on paper.
Originally posted by xela510:
Tank because he retweeted a picture of him sacking Russell Wilson on madden.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home