LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

49ers Draft Grades

Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

All I learned from this, is that there are two more people in the world, who are not idiots.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If they had drafted Jordan Poyer and Zac Dysert instead of Nick Moody and BJ Daniels I would give them an A. I think Baalke was perfect through the first 5 rds/

Overall A-
I wanted Poyer as well. But considering he fell to the 7th round there must be something going on behind the scenes we don't know about.
I have to go with a B because we did miss out on one big need. Nose tackle.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

It seemed like a big need, but it's clear, we aren't gonna spend a high pick on a player that won't play as much, aka not paying Sopoaga 12M over 3 yrs.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

All I learned from this, is that there are two more people in the world, who are not idiots.

What were you expecting to learn from someone's draft grade? Just figured since this was the draft grades thread I would throw it in there. Nice to see how many people are giving Baalke his well deserved respect
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

It seemed like a big need, but it's clear, we aren't gonna spend a high pick on a player that won't play as much, aka not paying Sopoaga 12M over 3 yrs.

They must be high on Glen Dorsey at the nose, and one of the ends they drafted is a big kid, maybe they see him as a DT
What were you expecting to learn from someone's draft grade? Just figured since this was the draft grades thread I would throw it in there. Nice to see how many people are giving Baalke his well deserved respect

I didn't mean it that way. I appreciate you posting it. Thanks. I was just trying to be coy.

They must be high on Glen Dorsey at the nose, and one of the ends they drafted is a big kid, maybe they see him as a DT

The great thing about Dorsey is he can rush the passer, so on game days he will be the NT but also rush end to spell McDonald and Justin. If Carradine is 100% to go, we are set on pass rush finally.

I didn't mean it that way. I appreciate you posting it. Thanks. I was just trying to be coy.

Originally posted by blm7754:
A-

What I like:
WE GOT TANK CARRADINE! We got a top safety. We got a top TE. We got a top WR. We improved our pass rush and prepared for the future on offense.

What I dislike:
We had to give up a 3rd rounder to get our safety. Baalke somewhat redeemed himself by recouping this loss with another 3rd rounder in 2014. By not having that pick, we weren't able to address the following position. CB. We needed a slot CB to match up against Percy Harvin and Tavon Austin. We didn't get it.

With Nnamdi and T-Brown the likely starting CBs, Cully is a good bet to beat out Rogers for the nickel role.

I was almost blushing while watching this. That was some serious Hoovering

Can't say I totally disagree but if we have a nose tackle on the field for 50% of our plays and we're relying on Dorsey and Williams I think that's a concern. I agree with the organization on pursuing pass rushers I just wish we found a way to nab that last nose tackle remaining.
A - The icing on the cake in the 49ers future RB, Lattimore. Yay!!!

The guy on the left reminds me of the goatboy from SNL..
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:

The guy on the left reminds me of the goatboy from SNL..

Share 49ersWebzone