There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2nd Round Mock Draft

Originally posted by nickbradley:
I don't understand the dislike for Jesse Williams.

he can play all three positions on the d line, along with Dorsey.

The dislike is that he can't get past blockers to pressure the QB. He's a run stopper. A very good one, but Dorsey is also a very good run stopper. I just don't think we need a guy like Jesse Williams enough to pick him at 34.

Now if he falls to 61.... that's a different story. I'd take him there.
Starting to like this idea of taking Cyprien at 34...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Starting to like this idea of taking Cyprien at 34...

You're crazy, 2 freaking safeties in the 1st 2 rounds!? Cyprien is not taking over Whitner and with this high 2nd we need someone who will contribute NOW
  • kush
  • Veteran
I never say never with this FO but I don't see tank as a legit target. At 24 he's older than all of Baalkes 1st&2nd round picks except Iupati (25 years old with 3 seasons under his belt) & Kap. We target young players.

With that said here are some young guys I could see us targeting:

Allen
Woods
Hankins
Okafor
Moore
Mathieu
Who the heck is Watson Menelik? Did he used to be buddies with Carradine Cornelius?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by kush:
I never say never with this FO but I don't see tank as a legit target. At 24 he's older than all of Baalkes 1st&2nd round picks except Iupati (25 years old with 3 seasons under his belt) & Kap. We target young players.

With that said here are some young guys I could see us targeting:

Allen
Woods
Hankins
Okafor
Moore
Mathieu

Of those guys listed, the only one I like at 34 is Okafor. But while he is 2 years younger than Carradine, he is also a bit smaller and weaker. So while he has the background to be able to play the 5-technique (spent his sophmore year as a DT), he'll need to get stronger and bigger in the weight room before he can do that in the NFL. Carradine is closer to being that kind of player now.