LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'll say for the record, I would not be upset if the 49ers took Carradine, not in the slightest. He can contribute as a 3rd down pass rusher instantly and develop as a future starter at DE.

He went to dinner one on one with Tomsula, right? Maybe the 49ers were pretty confident he'd be there at 34? Still shocked that he's on the board.

Since they showed so little urgency in drafting him so far, I'm going to spend the night preparing myself to be disappointed. Oh well. Alex Okafor is another one I like for similar reasons. Hoping to get Okafor, a DT, and a CB tomorrow. And a TE if we're able to get another pick.

I wouldnt be upset if they go that way, but i was under the impression that there were a ton of question marks regarding his knee, am i mistaken on that? Also where do you guys see him fitting in? I admit i am a bit ignorant on him since i wrote him off due to injury.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I hope jags don't take geno. If geno drops to us teams should be calling to get ahead of Philly for him, hope there's a desperate sap that'll give up their 1st next year with a 3rd this year

Well, looking at the board, it would pretty much have to be the Jets or Raiders. My first choice would be to force them to give us a 2nd and 3rd this year (with us giving up the 34 and a 4th), because there are so many players I want to draft tomorrow.

But the 2014 1st thing could be good too.
I hope jags don't take geno. If geno drops to us teams should be calling to get ahead of Philly for him, hope there's a desperate sap that'll give up their 1st next year with a 3rd this year

If Geno drops to 34...49ers will be in a great spot to really demand a ransom for a team to be able to draft him. Teams will be calling the Jaguars and the 49ers tonight, repeatedly, looking for the best offer.

Ideally Geno, Barkley and Nassib are all on the table when we pick. 2 of them have to be, Geno would probably be the most enticing for teams. Side note: Anyone know when the last time only 1 QB was taken in the 1st? Was a really weird 1st round tonight.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I wouldnt be upset if they go that way, but i was under the impression that there were a ton of question marks regarding his knee, am i mistaken on that? Also where do you guys see him fitting in? I admit i am a bit ignorant on him since i wrote him off due to injury.

As a 3rd down pass rusher this year...alternating with Aldon and Brooks......and ultimately, as a future starter at the DE position. Realistically he needs to gain about 10-15 pounds....that's not a lot of weight with a pro strength training program...etc.
ertz/keenan allen
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Ideally Geno, Barkley and Nassib are all on the table when we pick. 2 of them have to be, Geno would probably be the most enticing for teams. Side note: Anyone know when the last time only 1 QB was taken in the 1st? Was a really weird 1st round tonight.

The Drunk draft I think. Druckenmiller....what a huge f**kup that was.

Looks like you were right to question the knee. My impression was that his recent workout rehabilitated his stock to a clear-cut first rounder, which is where his talent and production would place him without the injury.

I see him as a situational pass rusher who develops into a 5 technique.

As a 3rd down pass rusher this year...alternating with Aldon and Brooks......and ultimately, as a future starter at the DE position. Realistically he needs to gain about 10-15 pounds....that's not a lot of weight with a pro strength training program...etc.

Injury concerns erased?
i hope its keenan allen

The tricky thing here is if we have to make a choice between a trade-down package that is a CLEAR win in terms of value, and just taking Carradine if he's in fact our guy. I don't know if we can have it both ways. Carradine is going to be rated as most people's overnight BPA. If we want him, we better snatch him up.

But it's possible we have contingency targets we're willing to settle for if the trade-down package is enticing enough.
Injury concerns erased?

He had an ACL injury which he seems to have recovered from beautifully. Its not a case of a guy who has been injury plagued his entire career, he's been relatively healthy up until that point. Take away this injury and Carradine would have been off the board in the Top 20 picks easily.

He's a Baalke player in that he's a high-ceiling guy, massive potential, high motor, plays very aggressively, violent with his hands, simply does not give up on play.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM ]

Injury concerns erased?
Watch the video i posted on the top of page 6. Watch that video and tell me if he you worry about the injury after. I think he will be fine, talent wise hee's a first rounder, he rehabed with the dude who did AP's. I think there are a lot of other guys who worry me injury wise long term such as the Cb from bama. I think he will be good to go.
Injury concerns erased?

He had an ACL injury which he seems to have recovered from beautifully. Its not a case of a guy who has been injury plagued his entire career, he's been relatively healthy up until that point. Take away this injury and Carradine would have been off the board in the Top 20 picks easily.

He's a Baalke player in that he's a high-ceiling guy, massive potential, high motor, plays very aggressively, violent with his hands, simply does not give up on play.

Nice. Even though we have more pressing needs IMO, i wouldnt be upset with the pick. He certainly has good measurables and production.
I thought so. The had a private meeting with Jenkins, and also spoke with him at the senior bowl. He met Tomsula.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/4/19/4243344/john-jenkins-interview-49ers-nfl-draft-2013

Yes please.
Share 49ersWebzone