LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

david ross
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The risk there is that this is the NFL....that bad team could go on a hot streak and now you've traded away what's essentially a very late 1st rounder for a mid-late first rounder next year, missing out on a year of contributions and player development from a potential draftee.

Very true. I think it would take another pick this year as well. I'd roll the dice but it depends on who we are trading with. If it's the Jets yes, someone like the Eagles maybe not. So anyways, who do you like at 34? Side note: Were you a John Jenkins fan? Would you be concerned with the weight and possible laziness? What are your thoughts on Carradine? All this talk about him possibly being the guy to take over for Smith but not sure I see it. No chance we make him our future 3rd OLB?
I don't think Carradine is a linebacker at the next level. He's still growing I think the niners will want him to bulk up and play the 5 tech, justins spot. He's strong, high motor, athletic, reminds me of a young Justin Smith. I think he's built perfect to be a 5 tech, remember justin wasn't as big coming out of college.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
The risk there is that this is the NFL....that bad team could go on a hot streak and now you've traded away what's essentially a very late 1st rounder for a mid-late first rounder next year, missing out on a year of contributions and player development from a potential draftee.

Very true. I think it would take another pick this year as well. I'd roll the dice but it depends on who we are trading with. If it's the Jets yes, someone like the Eagles maybe not. So anyways, who do you like at 34? Side note: Were you a John Jenkins fan? Would you be concerned with the weight and possible laziness? What are your thoughts on Carradine? All this talk about him possibly being the guy to take over for Smith but not sure I see it. No chance we make him our future 3rd OLB?
I don't think Carradine is a linebacker at the next level. He's still growing I think the niners will want him to bulk up and play the 5 tech, justins spot. He's strong, high motor, athletic, reminds me of a young Justin Smith. I think he's built perfect to be a 5 tech, remember justin wasn't as big coming out of college.

I dont understand the lust for Tank. Not a huge fan.

I like Jenkins, although I think he could be had later...or Brandon Williams in the latter part of the 2nd round. Carradine is an interesting prospect, tremendous physical size, to the point where he could bulk up and possibly become a 3-4 DE down the road. Very high quality pass rusher, would not be upset if the 49ers were to choose to go down that route.

Carradine is actually bigger coming out of college than Justin Smith was. Of course Justin Smith also ran like a 4.55 40 and put up ridiculous numbers at the Combine, he was a much better overall prospect but Carradine certainly seems enticing.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

6'4" 275, 35" arms, 4.75, 32 reps, 11 sacks last year.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Well when you put it that way.....
Has anyone even mentioned Jonathan Hankins in this thread? He's the invisible man but he could be a viable potential selection as well.
Has anyone even mentioned Jonathan Hankins in this thread? He's the invisible man but he could be a viable potential selection as well.

im thinking he's a third round choice. He would've been ideal with that 74th pick
Originally posted by pdizo916:
im thinking he's a third round choice. He would've been ideal with that 74th pick

I don't see him dropping that far.....he's a Top 50 player....I can see him gone with the first 10-15 picks of the 2nd round.

What I see, Powerful man, powerful punch and hands, Long arms, does a good job keeping guys out of his body with that long reach, shed blockers is just as good of a pass rusher as stoping the run. Can run the arch, can bull rush, when moved inside completely owns less athletic guards.

Well when you put it that way.....

TANK-ALDON-(JUSTIN or RAYMAC)-BROOKS

3rd down Sub Package/Pass Rush

Thanks for the replies Phoenix and Golddigger

Yeah, justin was no where near as big as he is now.

would love jamar taylor, jesse williams or tank at 34.

have a feeling we'll get a good offer from some qb needy team and trade back though.

why wasn't he picked in the first round? dude sounds like a beast lol
Share 49ersWebzone