There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

Originally posted by FL9er:
I guarantee Philadelphia will come away with a player the 49ers wanted. -Tom Gamble

where's this from, is it a quote?
[ Edited by NTeply49 on Apr 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM ]
Carradine or John Jenkins
My dark horse is Damontre Moore. They'll pair him with Aldon Smith and get a massive pass rush.
Originally posted by NTeply49:
where's this from, is it a quote?

I highly doubt it, Gamble has never seemed to have sufficient enough douchebaggery skills to make a comment like that.
LOL! Bill pollian ripped mathieu and for good reason
Originally posted by dj43:
I will be shocked if this next pick is not a DT. The experience last season with Justin going down cannot be allowed to happen again. Baalke knows that and will grab Hunt or someone who can join the rotation early in the season.

Because Justin got hurt last year, you want to get a back up for him this year? What if Vernon gets hurt this year? Or Kaep? Or Crabtree? Or etc?
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Because Justin got hurt last year, you want to get a back up for him this year? What if Vernon gets hurt this year? Or Kaep? Or Crabtree? Or etc?

Need all-pro backups everywhere! Seriously, may as well get someone who can spell JS and Mac without too much of a drop off. And they do need another TE. Wouldn't it be a kick if they took a QB at #34? Another Smith?
Some people are saying that we still have #74 and Dallas got #93 in the trade...can anyone confirm this?
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Tom Gamble did NOT say that, I did. Sorry for the confusion with the formatting. I'm saying he's the reason (due to his insight with the type of players the Niners will be looking at) that he and Roseman could pick someone high on SF's draft board if they try to move down.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Some people are saying that we still have #74 and Dallas got #93 in the trade...can anyone confirm this?

Pretty sure it was #74.
Schefter and Mort speculated jags will take cyprien or banks and jets after smith. I want a trade down!
Trade back with Jets... swap 2nds, we give our 4th, they give us their 3rd.... either Ertz or Tank will be at that spot
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Schefter and Mort speculated jags will take cyprien or banks and jets after smith. I want a trade down!

You got both - Cyprien gone and a trade down.
If he knew he would pick. But we traded. So he didn't know.
Love that we got another 3rd round pick next year!