There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

• FL9er
  • Veteran
I guarantee Philadelphia will come away with a player the 49ers wanted. -Tom Gamble
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
How does Ertz compare to Fleener as a prospect?

He rates better than Fleener I read. He is a better blocker and is more like the guy the Steelers have (I can't think of his name right now, but Big Ben always throws it to him. Miller?)

Ertz is an all-around better tight end. They're similar in the receiving aspect but Ertz is a better blocker and more smooth in route running from what I've seen. I think he fits Delanie's role perfectly
  • dj43
  • Veteran
I will be shocked if this next pick is not a DT. The experience last season with Justin going down cannot be allowed to happen again. Baalke knows that and will grab Hunt or someone who can join the rotation early in the season.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Huh?

Jamie Dukes is also predicting big run on CBs, 10 in seconds round lol
Originally posted by dj43:
I will be shocked if this next pick is not a DT. The experience last season with Justin going down cannot be allowed to happen again. Baalke knows that and will grab Hunt or someone who can join the rotation early in the season.

It's hard to be shocked during a Baalke draft anymore, but I get your point. A healthy Dobbs might have helped the pass rush late last year, too. I'd expect an interior pass rusher, TE, or CB. Even WR is a possibility with the remaining value.
I really hope they go DL with the next pick. Whether that pick is at #34 or later (trade down) is the only suspense here.
Any chance we go after Cyprien ? Get 2 safeties to shore up a need for years to come ?
Just gimme a DE/DT. Whether it be that Tank guy from Fl St., John Jenkins from UGA, Williams from Alabama, Hankins from Ohio St., Logan from LSU
Carradine
Jesse Williams
Margus
Next man up-three of them still there so we could move down and still get ours. Really there is a run on the next three QBs, it'll just be sweet to the niners as that will give them more options.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Carradine
Jesse Williams
Margus
Next man up-three of them still there so we could move down and still get ours. Really there is a run on the next three QBs, it'll just be sweet to the niners as that will give them more options.

Run on QBs, RBs, and WRs will be good for us. I think we have our eyes on DE, DT, TE, and CB. Love to get all four today with some trading.
Zach Ertz
Originally posted by NTeply49:

I think pretty much everyone is, a lot of CB hungry teams, a lot of 2nd round graded talent.....it's gonna go off bigtime.

I think pretty much everyone is, a lot of CB hungry teams, a lot of 2nd round graded talent.....it's gonna go off bigtime.

We can have the best one if i want: Jamar Taylor.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
How does Ertz compare to Fleener as a prospect?

He rates better than Fleener I read. He is a better blocker and is more like the guy the Steelers have (I can't think of his name right now, but Big Ben always throws it to him. Miller?)

Ertz is an all-around better tight end. They're similar in the receiving aspect but Ertz is a better blocker and more smooth in route running from what I've seen. I think he fits Delanie's role perfectly

Fleener was a better physical specimen...combine beast. Taller, Faster, Stronger. Ertz probably had better coaching since Brent worked with him...don't think Fleener had that.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

We can have the best one if i want: Jamar Taylor.
He could potentially be a good slot guy, I like Slay also