There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

Gotta imagine we'd be in play on this, right?
Originally posted by NowImLost:
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter Jets have made calls today to multiple teams to try to move up from 39th spot in second round to draft QB. Debated Geno Smith at No. 13.

Gotta imagine we'd be in play on this, right?

I hope so! Seems like a great possibility to still get the niners guys with an extra pick...either this year or next.
I have no doubt this pick will be traded. There are too many teams that this is either a make it or break it year and are in their first year and want to make a splash. Those type of teams will sacrifice the future for no. 34
Starting to warm up on Zach Ertz, I think Celek can be a good TE but Ertz can be one of the best in the league. Ertz and Hunter would be the perfect second round for me but there's not much of a chance it happens.
Would be cool to swap with the Jets and maybe pick up a 4th next year.
[ Edited by Disp on Apr 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM ]
I hope we can trade the 34th pick for another 2nd rounder this year.. and with 3 picks in the 2nd round, I'll be happy to end up drafting..

?) Margus Hunt or Jesse Williams

2b) Robert Woods

2c) Tank Carradine
Originally posted by Disp:

Gotta be more than that. I wouldn't mind making a deal with Zona too if they want to offer premium compensation for a QB.
Originally posted by 9moon:
I hope we can trade the 34th pick for another 2nd rounder this year.. and with 3 picks in the 2nd round, I'll be happy to end up drafting..

?) Margus Hunt or Jesse Williams

2b) Robert Woods

2c) Tank Carradine

We have 2 picks in the 2nd currently. If we trade 34th for another 2nd rounder, we will still have 2 2nd rounders.
Originally posted by steiber:
I have no doubt this pick will be traded. There are too many teams that this is either a make it or break it year and are in their first year and want to make a splash. Those type of teams will sacrifice the future for no. 34

Yea, I'd trade back for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year OR a 4th this year and a 1st next year...something along those lines.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Apr 26, 2013 at 11:28 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Gotta be more than that. I wouldn't mind making a deal with Zona too if they want to offer premium compensation for a QB.

It's only 5 spots though. Not sure it'd be worth more than a 4'th, but the Jets may have a serious hardon to get up there, so who knows?

future 2nd or 3rd plus the Jets 2nd.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
If we don't trade then I suspect we go for a lineman.
its gotta be D-line or Ertz at 34. unless theyre targetting a corner or maybe Keenan Allen. trying to figure out baalke is not gonna happen lol
I think we trade. Unless there's a guy we really want, I think we are in a sellers market with our pick.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

It's only 5 spots though. Not sure it'd be worth more than a 4'th, but the Jets may have a serious hardon to get up there, so who knows?

It's about supply demand. They need a QB, a premium position and generally a team will pay more if they're desperate enough.