There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

No thanks on another TE. I would rather have 3WR out there instead of 2TE...and I feel the need is much much higher for a DL at 34.
It'll either be DL or a trade, I'm leaning towards a trade at this point..but I don't think it'll be too far back.
If we do pick, bring in the Tank.
[ Edited by Genius1310 on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM ]
Genius--I would prefer going to a 3 wide spread type of offense but I don't see Harbaugh giving up the two TE sets...and if you are going to use two TEs, they'd better be really good!
Originally posted by Genius1310:
No thanks on another TE. I would rather have 3WR out there instead of 2TE...and I feel the need is much much higher for a DL at 34.
It'll either be DL or a trade, I'm leaning towards a trade at this point..but I don't think it'll be too far back.
If we do pick, bring in the Tank.

Not me have you seen the mismatches 2 legit TEs can bring you? Just ask NE what they would prefer. I agree though I think it'll be Tank. We need a TE too though
Hate to be a pig, but if we could jump up, and nail down Jesse Williams AND Ertz, we would have 3 starters. Then somehow, figure out how to get Hunt also. I would burn every pick we have to get those 3 guys, and then get up and go home. Awful slim chance of that happening, but I think 2 DLs critical, but if we could get Ertz, wow!, Now that we are down in 2nd rd, guys aren't so expensive(draft pick wise) so I guess we could nail down jesse, ertz and hunt. Still, you have to have a dance partner, and jax, Philly,raids,cards are all positioned to get Qbs, making our trading a little bit easier(oops, should have added Cleveland to that list). Whew, FS, 2 DLs, and Ertz...and quit. Much as I want DLs, with Ertz there, there are more DLs available than starting TEs, so i guess Ertz would be the pick to take first. But we gotta get those 2 DLs. I had posted earlier that if we ended up drafting #16-20, we got our FS.

As it turns out, my brother , also a Horn fan and lives in dallas(but a 9er fan), said that vaccarro was NOT close to being the best FS on the board, despite the talking heads. He said no way should we have even considered vaccarro. ERic Reid? A+....but a surprise, nonetheless.

Without the aid of captain Klunk himself, Jerry Jones, no way we would have gotten that trade done. And then Jerry swaps #18 for #31, and then takes a good Wisconsin Center , who most had in middle of 3rd rd. DAllas is outraged, the sports writers are going nuts and some wonder if JJ has dementia....in addition to his oversize ego. It is as if he wanted to make the 49ers a better team, and sacrificed his team to help ours. We'll take help from whoever if it makes our team better.

We already have the 34th pick. Getting the other early 2nd rd picks will be trick. If baalke can do this, I want him for president....or a substantial raise.
Soap and RJF were lower round picks 4th and 7th

ian williams was a UDFA

maybe the FO and Staff believe they can coach up these DT's. So maybe we do not spend higher picks on them.

TE and CB in 2nd round
Today I want to come out with a dl, TE, wr, and cb. Names I would like for the dl I don't care just want a disruptive force who will actually contribute and give breathers to smith and McDonald, TE, give me ertz, kelce or Escobar. Wr I just want Rogers wouldn't be mad with hunter and at cb give me mathieu or any cb quick who can contain harvin and Austin
  • buhda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I think it'll be Tank.

I would like to come away with a TE and Dline after this help that would be great!
Yes to Tank
They could use another CB prospect, too.
Honey Badger replace Rodgers/Ginn, Having Reid (former team captain LSU) in the same backfield.....
Most hoping for tank get prepared for disappointment, baalke does complete opposite. Not expecting ertz or tank with 34, it's gonna be a pick everyone including me would say why pick him now we could've gotten later. I have faith if its a so called reach to the "experts" it's because baalke feels he can be a stud. Look at baalke's trade ups and so called reaches in the past. Trades up for Davis and he's a pro bowl type player, trades up for kaep look at him now and reaches for culliver and even with his struggles you see the talent. He traded up for Reid so the feeling there is that he can be a game changer. I have faith in baalke and co
We need a poll!!!!
Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt2h
Hearing @49ers really like Zach Ertz at 34. Nice combo w/ Vernon Davis. #NFLDraft
[ Edited by JD81 on Apr 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
We need a poll!!!!

How do you see today playing out, NCommand?
I say either trade down 10 to 20 spots for a 1st next year or a late 2nd and a 4th this year. We need top 130 picks, not bottom 150 and lower picks.
Originally posted by JD81:
Hearing @49ers really like Zach Ertz at 34. Nice combo w/ Vernon Davis. #NFLDraft

I don't believe that s**t for one second. Thats what they want you media guys to think you damn Yahoos

I guess i just don't see what is so special about Ertz. there seem to be guys in the later rounds that could be had who seem to be as good with bigger upside.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I don't believe that s**t for one second. Thats what they want you media guys to think you damn Yahoos

Yesterday it was Richardson and vaccaro. These guys dont know s**t, Baalkie and co dont leak anything. All these guys are "hearing" is their own rumors getting spread back and forth.