There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

Originally posted by NCommand:
Ertz, no doubt. Two back-to-back Harbaugh picks 100% supported by Baalke. Gotta love this FO! Unity...(see, unlike Cowboys).

This would be very nice...and then J Williams 2nd 2nd and T Williams in the 3rd.
They're not taking Carradine. They had Tomsula go to his workout and even take him out to dinner. But this is what Baalke said about why they never brought Reid in for a visit:

Why didn't you guys bring him in for a visit?

"Why would we want to advertise to the rest of the league that we have interest in a player?"

Baalke and Co. are smoke-screeners. They make you think one thing while they are planning something totally different. We're all salivating over Tank because the niners have showed interest in him and we're imaging the possibilities. That's what other teams are also doing and will be worried the 49ers will take him so they make moves out of fear, which plays right into Baalke's hand.

Want to know who they pick? Start looking at players they've shown little interest in.
Originally posted by dhp318:
People love Ertz because of the Stanford connection. When has Harbaugh drafted a Stanford guy? For whatever reason, it seems other teams value Stanford guys more than Harbaugh does.

I was excited about Fleener last year.....Ertz...not so much...would rather have Kelce in the late 2nd for what it's worth.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright

Yep RT "@Gil_Brandt: Hearing @49ers really like Zach Ertz at 34. Nice combo w/ Vernon Davis. #NFLDraft"
Would Ertz last until our pick at the end of the 2nd round?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
They're not taking Carradine. They had Tomsula go to his workout and even take him out to dinner. But this is what Baalke said about why they never brought Reid in for a visit:

"Why would we want to advertise to the rest of the league that we have interest in a player?"

Baalke and Co. are smoke-screeners. They make you think one thing while they are planning something totally different. We're all salivating over Tank because the niners have showed interest in him and we're imaging the possibilities. That's what other teams are also doing and will be worried the 49ers will take him so they make moves out of fear, which plays right into Baalke's hand.

Want to know who they pick? Start looking at players they've shown little interest in.

Now you're just trying to outsmart yourself. Baalke's talking a bunch of nonsense. If anything, Reid was the most telegraphed draft pick they've made, regardless of their claims and not having brought him for a workout. It was no secret that they had major interest in Reid and this has been known for months, there's a lot of posters on here who had Reid as their pick in the 1st round.

If you look at the 49ers recent drafts, they actually did bring in or have private workouts with a lot of the guys they've drafted, players such as Aldon, James, Kaepernick, Jenkins...etc. I still think you'll see at least a couple more players that they've been in very close contact with, guys like Travis Kelce, Duke Williams,Josh Evans..etc
Originally posted by Niners23:
Would Ertz last until our pick at the end of the 2nd round?

I doubt that now that Eifert is gone. Ertz is the consensus 2nd best TE and is a play maker. But who knows! I haven't figured out how to figure out what teams really want!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Now you're just trying to outsmart yourself. Baalke's talking a bunch of nonsense. If anything, Reid was the most telegraphed draft pick they've made, regardless of their claims and not having brought him for a workout. It was no secret that they had major interest in Reid and this has been known for months, there's a lot of posters on here who had Reid as their pick in the 1st round.

If you look at the 49ers recent drafts, they actually did bring in or have private workouts with a lot of the guys they've drafted, players such as Aldon, James, Kaepernick, Jenkins...etc. I still think you'll see at least a couple more players that they've been in very close contact with, guys like Travis Kelce, Duke Williams,Josh Evans..etc

I hope you're right, I didn't know they were showing that much interest in Reid. I'd be ecstatic if we got Tank.

I love the way Baalke just plays the media like they're a game of Jenga to him.
Originally posted by kentc1978:
Ertz and a CB is my hope. Cut Brock. Maybe trade a couple of those 4th rd picks for another 3rd, pick up a DT somewhere

The last 4th is a compensatory pick and cannot be traded. They'll have to offer a different package than that to get another 3rd.
Ertz and Jessie Williams..
The one thing about Baalkie, is he is unconventional, but he also likes to address needs early, so he is a bit more predictible than people make him out to be, he just is unconentional with his player grades.

We needs Oline, he got two in the first.
We needed a pass rush OLB he got aldon
we needed a WR he got Jenkins
We needed a S he got reid.

Our two biggest needs left IMO are DT and TE. Does he go there at 34? we shall see.
pick 34- Ertz
Pick 55- Margus Hunt- Use lower pick to trade up from 61

No take Pick 93 and pair it with the Alex Smith pick for 2014 and any other tradeable pick to trade into round 2 for Keenan Allen.

Reid, Ertz, Hunt, Allen. I would blow my wad.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
The last 4th is a compensatory pick and cannot be traded. They'll have to offer a different package than that to get another 3rd.

Trade down, acquire a 4th, trade that 4th along with the 49ers 4th rounder and Cleveland's 6th rounder....rack up a 3rd rounder in the 18-26 range.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
really do hope its a d lineman. it is nice to know we are not worried about what the team ahead of us will do as I assume the jags get a quarterback. we are in a spot where we control things and that is good
I think it'll be Tank.

I would like to come away with a TE and Dline after this help that would be great!