LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Who does Baalke take at 34? "Absolutely we know."

"There are already teams that are calling us," York said, standing in the Marie P. DeBartolo Sports Centre parking lot, next to the stadium that was being constructed as he spoke. "We might be able to [move down and] pick up that third-rounder we just traded. And it's great going into the second day knowing we've already filled our biggest need."
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cory4903:
Your gving them too much credit for being honest with the media and fans. Of course Baalke said that, did you want him to say we have no idea who we are taking? If you do that you lose all leverage in the potential of trading out of that pick

Read the article. It is clear that if the team gets a good offer, they will trade the pick.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ace49ers:
49ers will pick up some trades and trade back. they'll pick up Jesse Williams first and finish off the 2nd round with Mathieu.

Williams possibly, Mathieru; not likely.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
"There are already teams that are calling us," York said, standing in the Marie P. DeBartolo Sports Centre parking lot, next to the stadium that was being constructed as he spoke. "We might be able to [move down and] pick up that third-rounder we just traded. And it's great going into the second day knowing we've already filled our biggest need."

fake?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The Jets should want Geno Smith. We should be able to trade 34 and 157 for 39 and 72.

33 - Matt Barkley
34 - Geno Smith
35 - Margus Hunt
36 - Melenik Watson
37 - John Cyprien
38 - Terron Armstead
39 - TANK CARRADINE!

you mean #106, right? The Jets arent that dumb
Originally posted by iLL49er:

fake?

no that was from the silver article on yahoo
Originally posted by nickbradley:
you mean #106, right? The Jets arent that dumb

well they drafted two defensive players when their offense sucks ass pretty bad.

waiting till the second to draft a WR, QB, RB, TE may not be best approach especially with the lack of coaching on that side
Originally posted by iLL49er:

fake?

no that was from the silver article on yahoo

Did I miss something?
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--raiders-sweat-it-out-on-draft-night-gamble-for-d-j--hayden-while-49ers-play-it-cool-in-getting-their-man-eric-reid-075049013.html
Ertz and a CB is my hope. Cut Brock. Maybe trade a couple of those 4th rd picks for another 3rd, pick up a DT somewhere
[ Edited by kentc1978 on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM ]
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Tank with a side of Ertz

What's the bpa/need-combo here? My suggestions:
a)Cyprien, SS
b)Hunt, DE
c)Taylor, CB
d)Jesse Williams, DT
e)Lacy, RB
f)Hunter, WR

My ranking based on these suggestions:
1)Cyprien
2)Hunter
3)Hunt
4)Taylor
5)Williams
6)Lacy

ad 1)We have to upgrade Whitner sooner rathen than later.
ad 2)I'm still hoping that we get a red-zone threat. It is a dimension where our current receivers are lacking in. Hunter has the size AND the speed. I dont care about last year's draft (AJ Jenkins).
ad 3)Justin Smith won't do it any longer.
ad 4)I dont trust Carlos Rogers.
ad 5)We need a NT unless we think that Ian Williams could do it.
ad 6)Just another opportunity though his end-speed is bad.
Originally posted by buck:
Read the article. It is clear that if the team gets a good offer, they will trade the pick.

One of the things that I've liked about #34 is that it gives us 18 hours to receive offers from other teams. Hopefully Baalke can parlay that increased competition into increased value.
Ertz, no doubt. Two back-to-back Harbaugh picks 100% supported by Baalke. Gotta love this FO! Unity...(see, unlike Cowboys).
  • dmax
  • Veteran
maybe tank or ertz
People love Ertz because of the Stanford connection. When has Harbaugh drafted a Stanford guy? For whatever reason, it seems other teams value Stanford guys more than Harbaugh does.
Share 49ersWebzone