There are 248 users in the forums

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

I would be extremely happy with any of these 4 players at either of our second round pics.

Carradine, Jenkins, Thomas, Alford
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
And the O is plenty productive LOL. It was plenty productive with Chad Hall, but thats not an issue anymore. Now we have crabtree and Boldin, Jenkins in his second season, A healthy Williams, and Manningham by midseason, and a sleeper in Lockette. You are ignoreing that it is a totally revamped Wr core and living in the past.

I never said our O wasn't productive. What the stats don't and can't tell you is as great as the numbers looked it just wasn't productive enough whether you like it or not. Afterall, we were just 1 TD short of a Super Bowl, weren't we ? What I am talking about is about further improving on our offense to a point in pushing us over that edge.

I don't see how our O has been "totally revamped". Granted we have Anquan which is a major plus, Kyle is coming back from ACL and we don't know at what %. Mario is coming back (only mid-season which is still a speculation) from ACL + PCL and once again we don't know at what %. As for Lockette, like you said is a sleeper and we don't know when and if he might wake up. How is that "revamped" ?!
Im over it guys. Everyone is set in their opinions. No use continuing.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
You dont attribute that to a first year starter at QB who began his progression with the offense as a starter at mid season?

Indeed, as much as Kaep will improve, he will still need targets to throw to right ?
Is Sandcastle still on the board?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
So will the defense.

we need quality depth on D big time
Originally posted by Rascal:
You dont attribute that to a first year starter at QB who began his progression with the offense as a starter at mid season?

Indeed, as much as Kaep will improve, he will still need targets to throw to right ?

If anything Boldin will be a upgrade over moss. Also about the wr boldin and harvin, harvin wasn't healthy he never is. You can say he would have done this or that, but in fact he didn't and he couldn't and if he can't stay healthy he won't. Boldin stayed healthy and made it to the superbowl and played. I rather have a guy who plays 16+ playoffs than a guy who gives you 12 games or less a season. The only reason we take a wr is because it's BPA, the only guy that could be that is Hunter, Size, Speed of a number 1 wr, he comes with concerns. But we have bigger issues because we don't have a backup tight end, we need a nose, we need a replacement for justin and depth along the dline. If we draft a wr he most likely will not get playing time, we run the pistol that's 2 wr's on the field for most plays. We need a back up tightend who can catch and block for that formation over a 5th wr.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
If anything Boldin will be a upgrade over moss. Also about the wr boldin and harvin, harvin wasn't healthy he never is. You can say he would have done this or that, but in fact he didn't and he couldn't and if he can't stay healthy he won't. Boldin stayed healthy and made it to the superbowl and played. I rather have a guy who plays 16 playoffs than a guy who gives you 12 games or less a season. The only reason we take a wr is because it's BPA, the only guy that could be that is Hunter, Size, Speed of a number 1 wr, he comes with concerns. But we have bigger issues because we don't have a backup tight end, we need a nose, we need a replacement for justin and depth along the dline. If we draft a wr he most likely will not get playing time, we run the pistol that's 2 wr's on the field for most plays. We need a back up tightend who can catch and block for that formation over a 5th wr.

I don't think anyone is saying Harvin is better than Boldin, in any case they are very different players, All I was saying we mustn't under-estimate our opponents.

My rationale in picking Hunter is same as yours, he is just too big a talent to pass on while I admit and agree the 9ers will probably pick Zach Ertz to fill that TE hole. D-line depth is less pressing as we do have Glenn Dorsey. If you are talking about an heir apparent to Justin Smith, we can even do that in the next draft if we want. But, going back to WR, just because we run less WRs with the Pistol, it doesn't mean we won't need more WRs cos we don't run the Pistol all the time. We can just as easily run 3 WR sets with Hunter as the x receiver going downfield to give us that deep threat dimension.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Is Sandcastle still on the board?

This made me laugh . Sandcastle looks like an ugly Deion Sanders http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYJv4iPzMVo

Anyways, I'll say Tank Carradine as an heir to Justin Smith. I think he is bpa.
I would be next happiest with Ertz as a Walker upgrade.
I'll guess Keenan Allen continues to fall with his reports of drug use but what a stable of WR's we'd have if we took him.
Jamar Taylor

But could easily be Tank Carradine.

Most likely scenario could well be a trade-back for a team targeting a QB, e.g. Oakland

tough choice for me. I like Ertz, DL Williams, DE/OLB Carradine and Honey Badger.

Honey Badger gets eliminated cause of the character concerns.

Carradine gets eliminated cause of the ACL risk and his rookie impact for me is questionable.

So it is down to Ertz and Williams.

If I am the 49ers GM I would take DL Jesse Williams due to the drop off of DL talent after him and the fact that he can play all 3 spots on the 3-4 front. I like Ertz alot but I don't think there is much seperating him from the Cincy TE or the SD State TE. The 49ers also have the draft capital to go and get any of those TE's if they start flying off the board.

#34 DL Jesse Williams is my pick
I think it'll be Tank
Players we may be targeting....

1. Zach Ertz
  2. Robert Woods
  3. Jesse Williams
  4. Chase Thomas
Ok here's an idea....

Since we have so many picks, how about trading all of our non compensatory picks to move up a couple times into rounds 2 and 3. Maybe even trade back with the Jets from 34 to 39 first just to pick up a little more ammo. Right now we have three picks today (two in round 2, one in round 3). But what if we had three in round 2 and two or three in round 3? Or four in round 2 and none in round 3?

Seems like we have the power to pull something like that off. We'd still have some comp picks to grab guys that fall later in the draft. But then we could make everyone around here happy and come away with top quality players at WR, DL, TE, CB and OLB.

Is that crazy, or would that work?
Share 49ersWebzone