There are 215 users in the forums

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

PICK #2 (40): Guess The Player And Position To Be Addressed Next

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Rascal:
Yet two top defensive teams played in the superbowl. We were 11th in scoreing last season, and thats after manningham, williams and hunter were injured, and with a QB taking over midseason. its only going to get better.

I am not saying don't draft on D. By the way, didn't we just move all the way up to 18th to draft Eric Reid ?

OK, if you don't like my comparison with RBs and QBs, then what about our own Anquan ? 2nd round, 54th overall pick. Brandon Marshall, 4th round, 120th overall pick. Jacoby Jones, 3rd round, 73rd overall pick. Torrey Smith, 2nd round, 58th overall pick. That should be enough examples right ?

Your not addressing anything. Like i said, i am well aware that a wr can come in out of the second a produce. But all you keep saying is that we need more wr's to compete in the division, in order to hang with the WR;s on other teams within the division. That is the most rediculous thing i have heard of in a long time. You continue to ignore that we currently have two very good WR's as starters. You continue to ignore that Kaep is only gonna get better. You say a defense cant beat top flight offenses, and say that we need to have a more productive offense to do so, but ignore the fact we beat GB twice, NE, and ATL all last season.

Quite the contrary, I have addressed everything you asked. I already said we don't have enough WRs, that is not ignoring. We even had to play Chad Hall in the playoffs man !! Come on !!

As for beating GB, well you know why ? They don't have a running game. RBs still count as offense right ? We beat NE cos our O was just that little bit better than theirs plus they also don't have a legit run game. As for ATL, they turned the ball over by themselves plus once again their run game still needs improving although not as bad as GB's. This may of course change if Steven Jackson balls out.

It doesn't matter Idaho, 2 different schools of thought here. I am not saying D is not important, in my opinion and in line with how the game is played these days, D will help to get you there, but ultimately it is your O that wins games for you.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Yet harvin hasnt had the migraine issues in several seasons....Just stop dude. Your making stuff up now that isaint even factual.

I am sorry, are you saying I am making things up that Harvin didn't want to get the hell out of Minnesota ?? Didn't he ask to be traded ??

Plus it was a legit ankle injury that put him out. He was an early season candidate for offensive player of the year and was on his way to his best season yet. His average per game was higher than Boldins. If Harvin only played 2 or 3 more games his receiving stats would have been better than Boldins were.

There you go again making stuff up. You guys are rediculous.

I encourage you to look at the stats

here are boldins/harvins averages each week twards the start of the season for the first six weeks. Please show me how harvin was having a higher average,

15.8/14.0
3.5/8.7
12.0/9.9
14.6/7.3
20.5/13.5
19.6/12.1

So please tell me again how he was averageing higher?
I'd like to see 2 D-Lineman in RD2, a nose and an end of sorts.

Then pick up a TE in RD3.
Yet two top defensive teams played in the superbowl. We were 11th in scoreing last season, and thats after manningham, williams and hunter were injured, and with a QB taking over midseason. its only going to get better.

I am not saying don't draft on D. By the way, didn't we just move all the way up to 18th to draft Eric Reid ?

OK, if you don't like my comparison with RBs and QBs, then what about our own Anquan ? 2nd round, 54th overall pick. Brandon Marshall, 4th round, 120th overall pick. Jacoby Jones, 3rd round, 73rd overall pick. Torrey Smith, 2nd round, 58th overall pick. That should be enough examples right ?

Your not addressing anything. Like i said, i am well aware that a wr can come in out of the second a produce. But all you keep saying is that we need more wr's to compete in the division, in order to hang with the WR;s on other teams within the division. That is the most rediculous thing i have heard of in a long time. You continue to ignore that we currently have two very good WR's as starters. You continue to ignore that Kaep is only gonna get better. You say a defense cant beat top flight offenses, and say that we need to have a more productive offense to do so, but ignore the fact we beat GB twice, NE, and ATL all last season.

Quite the contrary, I have addressed everything you asked. I already said we don't have enough WRs, that is not ignoring. We even had to play Chad Hall in the playoffs man !! Come on !!

As for beating GB, well you know why ? They don't have a running game. RBs still count as offense right ? We beat NE cos our O was just that little bit better than theirs plus they also don't have a legit run game. As for ATL, they turned the ball over by themselves plus once again their run game still needs improving although not as bad as GB's. This may of course change if Steven Jackson balls out.

It doesn't matter Idaho, 2 different schools of thought here. I am not saying D is not important, in my opinion and in line with how the game is played these days, D will help to get you there, but ultimately it is your O that wins games for you.

And the O is plenty productive LOL. It was plenty productive with Chad Hall, but thats not an issue anymore. Now we have crabtree and Boldin, Jenkins in his second season, A healthy Williams, and Manningham by midseason, and a sleeper in Lockette. You are ignoreing that it is a totally revamped Wr core and living in the past.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Justin Hunter would probably start the season as our #3 WR. If Boldin doesn't produce more than Moss was then Hunter would be the #2 (unless Jenkins starts lighting it up).
Also with Kaepernick we'll be seeing a lot more 3 and 4 WR sets and less 2 TE sets.

You are spot on btthepunk !!! Very well said !!!

Hunter will most likely be No. 3 at least right off the bat. And your prediction on running 3 WR sets is way on point !! Basically, with Kaep being more experienced now, we ain't playing anymore. We are going to fully utilize and capitalize on Kaep's immense talent. Kaep was already winging it last season. We saw it with our own eyes, there were so many more passing plays than before. I can't wait until next season, if we give him all the right weapons, Mark my word, Kaep is going blow things up !!

I must disagree hunter wont be #3 WR h*ll he'll be lucky if he's #5 WR behind Williams N maningham N yea AJ ..

Put the weed down.

Show what u know fool I ain't smoked in h*lla months lol .. guess u ain't been watching 49er football last 2 yrs rookies don't really start or play much they sit N learn...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Apr 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM ]
Also, Boldin had 65 Receptions and 921 yards to Harvins 62 receptions and 677 yards. Nearly 250 more yards on three more receptions...Its not Boldins fault he didnt get the targets in Baltimore.

But anyways this has gotten way off track. Fact is we dont need to draft a WR in the second. The offense will be fine.
Yet harvin hasnt had the migraine issues in several seasons....Just stop dude. Your making stuff up now that isaint even factual.

I am sorry, are you saying I am making things up that Harvin didn't want to get the hell out of Minnesota ?? Didn't he ask to be traded ??

Plus it was a legit ankle injury that put him out. He was an early season candidate for offensive player of the year and was on his way to his best season yet. His average per game was higher than Boldins. If Harvin only played 2 or 3 more games his receiving stats would have been better than Boldins were.

There you go again making stuff up. You guys are rediculous.

I encourage you to look at the stats

here are boldins/harvins averages each week twards the start of the season for the first six weeks. Please show me how harvin was having a higher average,

15.8/14.0
3.5/8.7
12.0/9.9
14.6/7.3
20.5/13.5
19.6/12.1

So please tell me again how he was averageing higher?

His yards per game was higher.
Harvin had 62 catches for 677 yards and 3 TD's in 9 games. 6.9 catches for 75.2 yards and .33 TD's per game. Multiply that by 16 games you get 110 catches for 1203 yards and 5 TD's.
Boldin had 65 catches for 921 yards and 4 TD's in 15 games. Thats 4.3 catches for 61.4 yards and .27 TD's a game. So 68 catches 982 yards and 4.3 TD's.
Boldin also had a QB who is a thousand times better than Harvin had. Not too mention the league MVP at runningback.
Also, Boldin had 65 Receptions and 921 yards to Harvins 62 receptions and 677 yards. Nearly 250 more yards on three more receptions...Its not Boldins fault he didnt get the targets in Baltimore.

But anyways this has gotten way off track. Fact is we dont need to draft a WR in the second. The offense will be fine.

So will the defense.

Boldin had 6 more games to get 2 more catches and 250 more yards.

His yards per game was higher.
Harvin had 62 catches for 677 yards and 3 TD's in 9 games. 6.9 catches for 75.2 yards and .33 TD's per game. Multiply that by 16 games you get 110 catches for 1203 yards and 5 TD's.
Boldin had 65 catches for 921 yards and 4 TD's in 15 games. Thats 4.3 catches for 61.4 yards and .27 TD's a game. So 68 catches 982 yards and 4.3 TD's.
Boldin also had a QB who is a thousand times better than Harvin had. Not too mention the league MVP at runningback.

My response to that above. So again, on almost identical amount of catches, boldin had almost 250 more yards and an extra TD. But im over it.

Boldin had 6 more games to get 2 more catches and 250 more yards.

3 more catches.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KegBert:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

The first bolded part is not fact, its just opinion. Nobody is saying our D is rubbish, we had injuries to our 2 most important players on defense and the rest of the unit suffered greatly. This is exactly what I mean by lack of depth hurting us.

Our D was 3rd in scoring defense throughout the year, giving up only 18.2 PPG. After we where bit by the injury bug late in the year, our D gave up around 30 PPG in the playoffs. A huge drop off directly related to our lack of depth.

On the other hand we didn't have much of a problem putting up big numbers on offense in the playoffs, 45 points dropped on the pack, 28 points on Atl and 31 against Baltimore. To me, Its pretty clear that it wasn't the offense that was our problem in the playoffs, it was the lack of the defense being able to stop the opposing teams from scoring.

Indeed, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I am not saying D is not important, but my basic premise and belief, in line with how the game is played these days is that the D will help to get you there, but ultimately is the O that wins games for you. On the surface you might say we were still able to score points, but you forget about our slow starts, plus at the end in the Super Bowl, even we tried to catch up, as close as we were, it just wasn't enough and that is a fact not opinion.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Johnthan Banks?
Originally posted by KegBert:
I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

The first bolded part is not fact, its just opinion. Nobody is saying our D is rubbish, we had injuries to our 2 most important players on defense and the rest of the unit suffered greatly. This is exactly what I mean by lack of depth hurting us.

Our D was 3rd in scoring defense throughout the year, giving up only 18.2 PPG. After we where bit by the injury bug late in the year, our D gave up around 30 PPG in the playoffs. A huge drop off directly related to our lack of depth.

On the other hand we didn't have much of a problem putting up big numbers on offense in the playoffs, 45 points dropped on the pack, 28 points on Atl and 31 against Baltimore. To me, Its pretty clear that it wasn't the offense that was our problem in the playoffs, it was the lack of the defense being able to stop the opposing teams from scoring.

Indeed, I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I am not saying D is not important, but my basic premise and belief, in line with how the game is played these days is that the D will help to get you there, but ultimately is the O that wins games for you. On the surface you might say we were still able to score points, but you forget about our slow starts, plus at the end in the Super Bowl, even we tried to catch up, as close as we were, it just wasn't enough and that is a fact not opinion.

You dont attribute that to a first year starter at QB who began his progression with the offense as a starter at mid season?
You dont attribute that to a first year starter at QB who began his progression with the offense as a starter at mid season?

He lost two of his weapons in Moss and Walker and Manningham will probably start the season on the PUP list. We can't replace those 3 guys with a Boldin AND a 2nd round receiver? We would still have 10 more picks after that.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone