There are 738 users in the forums

2013 Draft Discussion Thread

Cards promised to stick with their board. We'll see who was on their board as the BPA
Originally posted by dhp318:
Everyone just wants to compare any longish athletic black pass rusher to Smith. Fact is, Smith played inside a ton at Mizzou, and beat his man alot with a freeze move and using his hands so well. Ansah doesn't have that, although they are similar in size/build. Dion Jordan is nothing like Aldon Smith.

This. It takes a lot more than just measurables to be a good pass rusher. Aldon was insanely productive whenever he was out on the field, even when he was hurt he still played relatively well.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I don't see why Ziggy can't be as good or better than Aldon Smith eventually - he's bigger (an inch taller, 271 lbs with room to add more, arms are 35 1/8" compared to Smith's 35 3/8") and more athletic. There was no one else left at #5 with close to the upside of Ansah.

i have always thought Ziggy will be the best D player in this draft. Too bad we wont know for a few years
I think the Cards need to go with an offensive lineman here....or find a way to trade down.
Please not Austin.
s**t... I really liked Cooper. Now I don't!!!
Cooper
Mr. Cooper
#8 gets interesting.
Best player in the draft. Damn. That blows!!!!
not surprising
Bummer they selected Cooper. I wanted Chilo Rachal to be a starter for Arizona.
Great pick for Arizona
I guess this means Chilo wont start
this is a fat top 10.
Share 49erswebzone