LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

Day 1: Richardson/Carradine/Jones + Patterson

Putting my stake in the ground. We trade up to the mid-late teens using second-day picks in the package, and we take one of the three DEs. Then Cordarrelle Patterson slides all the way to 31.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Putting my stake in the ground. We trade up to the mid-late teens using second-day picks in the package, and we take one of the three DEs. Then Cordarrelle Patterson slides all the way to 31.

I'd get a major boner if we landed Tavon Austin/Tank Carradine or Sheldon Richardson/Cordarelle Patterson. Can only dream. Austin probably goes top 10 and is out of reach for trading up and Carradine and Patterson probably don't even last until 31 for either scenario.
I think we might trade up for Richardson in the mid-teens, possibly Carradine around 20, and maybe Jones at 25 if we like him. I do not think we should or will trade up to the teens to reach for Jones. I hope Richardson falls to 13 and the Jets are willing to make a reasonable trade.
Richardson is the only guy I'd really be happy trading up for.....possibly Datone Jones and maybe Milliner if he fell, beyond that.....meh.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I think we might trade up for Richardson in the mid-teens, possibly Carradine around 20, and maybe Jones at 25 if we like him. I do not think we should or will trade up to the teens to reach for Jones. I hope Richardson falls to 13 and the Jets are willing to make a reasonable trade.

If the conventional wisdom and mocks are to be trusted, you're right that Richardson is a 10-13 guy, Tank is a late teens guy, and Datone is more of a mid-20s guy. But I think it's safe to say all those projections may be full of crap. If the 49ers trade up to 14 or 15, I wouldn't be mad if any of those names were called.
Damn we drafted all of them in the 1st round good God
If the trade is for Richardson, once we add a NT, we won't have to go D-Line early for awhile hopefully. Anyone have an idea of the cost to move up to 15? I heard there is a new draft value chart out, but based off of the old, it may cost us 31, 34, and one of the fourths, for the 15th pick in the first and pick 79. I might be in the minority, but I'd rather trade back and load up on more picks in rounds 2-4.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
If the trade is for Richardson, once we add a NT, we won't have to go D-Line early for awhile hopefully. Anyone have an idea of the cost to move up to 15? I heard there is a new draft value chart out, but based off of the old, it may cost us 31, 34, and one of the fourths, for the 15th pick in the first and pick 79. I might be in the minority, but I'd rather trade back and load up on more picks in rounds 2-4.

I'm with you brah. I don't think there's as big of a difference with some of the higher picks than what can be found later on. I'd rather see them trade back, add more picks, then use those picks to trade up into the 3rd or 2nd and add more high quality players.
Share 49ersWebzone