LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

one more mock

One more draft

Start by trading pick 31, 61, 93 for pick 13.

Also trade picks 128, 173,180 for pick 103

Pick # 13 Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah

This is the reason I am doing one more mock. I have seen Star dropping in some expert mocks outside of the top 10. He is head and shoulders above every other NT in the draft and was considered by some the best overall prospect before the combine. If he is there in the teens he is an absolute steal for our defensive front and is worth it even if he costs us multiple picks.

Pick # 31 traded in package for Star

Pick # 34 Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

I see no reason for him to be available in the second rd. However I have seen several expert mocks where that is happening. He is big, strong and fast to be a great Wide out and deep threat on the team as well as having the shiftiness and vision to be great at end arounds and punt/kick returns. Absolute steal if he falls like a lot of mocks I have been seeing recently.

Pick # 74 Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State

In my opinion he is the best safety in the draft which is why we did not take a safety with the first 2 picks. He should be available here and plays the run well but is great at locating the ball in pass coverage as shown by leading the nation in INT's the past two season combined. He would be able to step in and compete for starting FS immediately.

Pick # 93 traded for Star pick.

Pick #103 Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati

Great Big blocking TE and solid route running and hands, replacement so he could be a solid replacement for D. WalkerLots of potential if he lives up to it could even be an upgrade

Pick # 128 traded for Kelce pick

Pick # 131 Josh Evans, S, Florida

Very solid safety who is being overlooked because of his teammate Elam but I think he is better in coverage than elam and is perhaps an equal talent when accounting for that. Could be a steal and SS of the future for us.

Pick # 157 Walter Stewart, DE/OLB, Cincinnati

The 49ers are all about drafting high-upside players and redshirting them until they're ready to play. They could do that with Walter Stewart, who would be a second-round prospect if it weren't for his injury concerns.

Pick # 173 traded for Kelce pick

Pick # 180 traded for Kelce pick

Pick # 237 Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida

Niners could use him as Tackle depth has potential and went up against some of the best defenses in the league at Florida.

Pick # 246 Lawrence Okoye, DE/DT, England

The 49ers might as well take a project like this with one of their many picks. There could be a big payoff because he is an absolute athletic freak and former Olympic competitor but just hasn't played much American football being that he is coming from Europe.

Pick # 252 Zach Line, RB/FB, SMU

6'1 235 pounds, ran for close to 1500 yards and 10 tds last year as a sophomore. Was a very good runner and blocker in college could be fullback competition has better running ability and hands then Miller but not nearly as good of blocker yet, could also be a short yardage RB, and special teams ace.
LOL... If it worked out like that it would be awesome. The rest of the NFL would be kicking themselves at how they let happen.
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
LOL... If it worked out like that it would be awesome. The rest of the NFL would be kicking themselves at how they let happen.

No way it happens
that's a fantasy draft lol
[ Edited by RealShaloop on Apr 25, 2013 at 12:36 PM ]
This would be an opportunistic pillaging of epic sorts. And it is not entirely implausible. Nice work.
Originally posted by Jbniner:
This would be an opportunistic pillaging of epic sorts. And it is not entirely implausible. Nice work.

yeah but if Star doesnt fall it changes the entire draft... it was built around that whole premise and development that i have been shocked to see happen in recent exper mocks.
Really LIKE the picks - doubt the scenario.
so Star is still there in the teens...amazing...lets see what happens I would love to have him!!!
Share 49ersWebzone