LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Trade up with surprise pick!!

If the 49ers trade up into the top 15 i think that they will blow everyones mind and pick Barkivious Mingo. This is only a guess but i don't hear a lot of people talking about him as a possible pick so he makes perfect sense for trent baalke.

let me know your thoughts.
Not entirely sure I see the fit in giving up that much for a pure OLB.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I don't expect it to happen, but I'd be fine with it if it did. I think pass rusher is as much of a need as any other position on our team. We saw last year that Aldon Smith alone is not enough to generate a consistent pass rush. The conventional wisdom seems to be that if we add to the Dline it will help the pass rush through depth and not relying solely on the pressure Justin Smith creates, but regardless of if it was because J. Smith was out, because A. Smith was banged up and/or worn out after his first season as a full time player, or just because he isn't the all-world pass rusher some have come to believe. A. Smith alone didn't generate much pass rush at the end of the season when teams could focus on him.

Having another legit threat at OLB to allow us to rotate our pass rushers more and to have more skill at that position could be a huge upgrade for our D.
Star Lotulelei would be the player I'd trade up for , he could be the backup NT and DE and make an impact from day one , and at 6-4 and 320 LBS , he will be a disruptive force and eventually replace Justin Smith after he retires ...we need a couple reserve DL that can create havoc when their # is called , and with a couple blue chip defensive lineman on board , it will make our secondary much more effective with more consistent pressure , we saw what a tired pass rush did to us late in the season ...we need to keep our front 7 fresh with a solid rotation
He is going in the top 10, I dont see us moving up that far. Also, the position. Not a fan of the surprise.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I don't expect it to happen, but I'd be fine with it if it did. I think pass rusher is as much of a need as any other position on our team. We saw last year that Aldon Smith alone is not enough to generate a consistent pass rush. The conventional wisdom seems to be that if we add to the Dline it will help the pass rush through depth and not relying solely on the pressure Justin Smith creates, but regardless of if it was because J. Smith was out, because A. Smith was banged up and/or worn out after his first season as a full time player, or just because he isn't the all-world pass rusher some have come to believe. A. Smith alone didn't generate much pass rush at the end of the season when teams could focus on him.

Having another legit threat at OLB to allow us to rotate our pass rushers more and to have more skill at that position could be a huge upgrade for our D.

I think we'd be much better off with an edge rusher with more size and versatility. Carradine or Okafor would be nice.
I would be surprised. This could be a sign of looking for a replacement for Ahmad Brooks
We're trading up for Tyrann Mathieu
Not really a surprise, but it's going to be Sheldon Richardson.
Share 49ersWebzone