There are 313 users in the forums

His Best Game? #1: Dashon Goldson, S

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Since this offseason is sooooooooo boring, let's look back at some our favorite players' careers and think of the BEST game a player has had. I'll do a new player every couple days, as I see fit.

I wanted to start off with a relatively easy one, Dashon Goldson! I think his best game was the MNF game last season against the Cardinals. He had 5 tackles, an INT, and 2 forced fumbles.

He showed a lot of physicality and playmaking ability in that game, which is why we bumped him up to starter over Mark Roman. Looking forward to see how he improves for the upcoming season. I'm expecting a lot because the FS is a very mental job and he's decent a good amount of experience now.

If you agree with this, please say so, but if not, please post what YOU think is his best game.
f**ker doesnt deserve to be paid like a top safety
that was by far his best game ever. I don't see how he will ever top that game.
Yea it seemed like everybody he tackled his helmet hit right on the ball and lodged it out .
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
that was by far his best game ever. I don't see how he will ever top that game.

I hope he has alot more games like that
im sure your stats are correct...but thinking back on that game i thought he forced 3 fumbles Definately his best performance regardless
[ Edited by GORE-ILLA on Jul 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM ]
you mean his only great game?

Goldson cant cover, and isnt a fundamentally sound tackler. he doesnt deserve any big contract yet. some of you guys need to quit being such homers and admit hes way too raw to rave about yet.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Goldson cant cover, and isnt a fundamentally sound tackler. he doesnt deserve any big contract yet. some of you guys need to quit being such homers and admit hes way too raw to rave about yet.

waaaaay better than mark Roman, the safety he replaced.
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:

that goes without saying.

LOL. I think that since we've had Mark Roman for so long, everybody has forgotten what a good FS plays like. So in comes Goldson and now he's the second coming of Ronnie Lott.

But yes, Goldson had a great MNF game.

-9fA

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

LOL. I think that since we've had Mark Roman for so long, everybody has forgotten what a good FS plays like. So in comes Goldson and now he's the second coming of Ronnie Lott.

But yes, Goldson had a great MNF game.

-9fA

Wow thats kind of a big jump. I hope that nobody is comparing him to ronnie lott. But he has played very well for a young free safety. And i remember that there were a lot of people here last year saying that we would probably cost us a few games but instead he was the huge difference and helped us win in the mnfgame. I think he was a great improvement over mark romans slow _ss.:-O
[ Edited by Ricethefngoat on Jul 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Since this offseason is sooooooooo boring, let's look back at some our favorite players' careers and think of the BEST game a player has had. I'll do a new player every couple days, as I see fit.

I wanted to start off with a relatively easy one, Dashon Goldson! I think his best game was the MNF game last season against the Cardinals. He had 5 tackles, an INT, and 2 forced fumbles.

He showed a lot of physicality and playmaking ability in that game, which is why we bumped him up to starter over Mark Roman. Looking forward to see how he improves for the upcoming season. I'm expecting a lot because the FS is a very mental job and he's decent a good amount of experience now.

If you agree with this, please say so, but if not, please post what YOU think is his best game.

Unfortunately, he was sucking during those other games.

I agree 100%
At worst, he's average and at best he's above average, but not by a lot. I know that isn't saying much, but neither is one decent year saying much. He needs to play better this season for him to get serious recognition.
Originally posted by PreseasonChamps:
Originally posted by Wubbie:

Unfortunately, he was sucking during those other games.

His stats across the board(tackles, INT's, passes defended, forced fumbles) put him in the upper echelon of safeties last year....

Antrel Rolle got a huge deal based upon his "pro bowl" performance last year, which, statistically, wasn't as good as Goldson's

Tackles: Goldson 94 - Rolle 72
INT's: Goldson 4 - Rolle 4
Pass Def: Goldson 10 - Rolle 12
Sacks: Goldson 2 - Rolle 1.5
Forced Fumbles: Goldson 3 - Rolle 0

Also some notables:
Ed Reed: Tackles: 50, INT's - 3, Pdef - 8, sacks - 0, FF - 3
Antoine Bethea: Tackles - 95, INT's - 4, Pdef - 9, sacks - 0, FF - 2
Darren Sharper: Tackles - 71, INT's - 9, Pdef - 24, sacks - .5, FF - 0
Kerry Rhodes: Tackles - 63, INT's - 3, Pdef - 16, sacks - 0, FF - 1
[ Edited by jonnydellfan on Jul 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone