There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Speculation thread

i dont like our teams defensive depth

not sure if trading up to 13 and the having our next pick at 63 (hopefully) would be ideal
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
If we trade to 13 it will be to scoop up whichever of these "top 10" talents falls: Floyd, Star, or Ansah.

If none of them fall, our fallback will in all likelihood be Sheldon Richardson or Tank Carradine.

the last two players I want are Star or Ansah... they scare me. I really don't think we trade up, there is just too much depth, I don't think there is a huge value difference at any point in the first round. Perhaps they have pinpointed 2 or 3 that they absolutely want, in that case as the draft develops they might make a move to go get THAT guy, whoever it is... but I don't see THAT guy in this draft.
Originally posted by Pick6:
If we trade to 13 it will be to scoop up whichever of these "top 10" talents falls: Floyd, Star, or Ansah.

If none of them fall, our fallback will in all likelihood be Sheldon Richardson or Tank Carradine.

the last two players I want are Star or Ansah... they scare me. I really don't think we trade up, there is just too much depth, I don't think there is a huge value difference at any point in the first round. Perhaps they have pinpointed 2 or 3 that they absolutely want, in that case as the draft develops they might make a move to go get THAT guy, whoever it is... but I don't see THAT guy in this draft.

I have a suspicion that Star and Ansah will come to be regarded as the best players from this draft. Ngata and JPP.
Where was this thread earlier in the offseason?
DEFENSE....DEFENSE.....DEFENSE!!!! too many stars on defense that have big contracts so we need to get some fresh rookie contracts on that side of the ball. The thing I want on the offensive side is a #2 TE and a WR for depth and a shot-in-dark RB
Bump.
  • rum53
  • Veteran
I say we move up only if we can keep the #34 pick. I believe all this Richardson talk is a smokescreen and that we are targeting one of the other DL or even Tavon Austin if he is still available.
  • buck
  • Veteran

If we trade up, I doubt that we would take Ansah. Ansah is a boom or bust player.

Austin, Star, and Richardson make more sense to me. I think Floyd is more of a 4-3 tackle.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM ]
Mooch said the 9ers will trade up to get Eifert. Unsure where he will go, so no clue how much we'd have to give up to get there.

I'd just as soon see the 9ers dump picks in rounds 4-7 (except the compensatory ones that they can't) for as many 3rd rounders as they can get. About 6 picks from 31-95 or so and maybe something next year. Would probably take some serious horse trading (back a couple of times, then back up)
Originally posted by buck:
If we trade up, I doubt that we would take Ansah. Ansah is a boom or bust player.

Austin, Star, and Richardson make more sense to me. I think Floyd is more of a 4-3 tackle.

I saw Floyd interviewed on one of the shows and he was asked what he prefered - he said 3 technique. We're running such a hybrid defense these days, it might work. Just can't picture giving up what it would cost to get him.
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Mooch said the 9ers will trade up to get Eifert. Unsure where he will go, so no clue how much we'd have to give up to get there.

I'd just as soon see the 9ers dump picks in rounds 4-7 (except the compensatory ones that they can't) for as many 3rd rounders as they can get. About 6 picks from 31-95 or so and maybe something next year. Would probably take some serious horse trading (back a couple of times, then back up)
I can't even focus at work!!!! I would freak out if we landed Eifert somehow. I love the idea of trading up for STar or Sheldon as well.

The only thing about all the trading is that we maybe only have room on the roster for 6 or so rookies. can't see us taking the majority of the 13. we also have 10 for next year already so my best guess is over the next 3 days we will trade up and often.

Now there would be a shocker, but cant say that I would be too upset by that.
[ Edited by hohbie on Apr 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM ]
I like Richardson and maybe we'll catch a falling Star.
Originally posted by hohbie:

Now there would be a shocker, but cant say that I would be too upset by that.

Me either, I don't want him going to atl. Vd and eifert, good luck to a defense stopping that