LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 152 users in the forums

Who's your one "Do Not Draft" player this year?

The people saying "Jesse Williams" are really confusing me...
Marcus Hunt was my main one but I'll say Datone Jones, just feel this guy is a bust but its mainly because I'm bored of people using him in mock Drafts
With the "talk" of us moving up I wanted to bring up Patterson. I don't think we would take him but I just wanted to bring this up. A lot has been said about the mental side of things and the lack of production but 1 thing that scared me is his body catching. I watched some tapes on youtube and the first thing that popped into my head is why is this guy catching every ball with his body? He has a big body so it worked in college but in the NFL many times the difference between a reception and a DB swatting it away is reaching out and snatching the ball (like Crabtree) and not waiting for it to come to you. You have to attack the ball in the NFL. Listed as the 1st weakness his NFL.com draft profile which I read after watching the tapes: "Consistently a body catcher, even when it is not necessary." I'm not so sure it's an easy transition to get him to stop waiting and attack the ball. It's natural for a guy like Crabtree.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM ]
why is everyone against drafting hunt? Is it because he's 25 going on 26? So he's a bit older?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
  • Tyron Mathieu
  • Manti Te'o
  • Lattimore
Margus Hunt, Keenan Allen or any USC o line players (see Chilo Rachal).
Zach Ertz, Datone Jones, Nate Montana
Originally posted by dre2much2003:
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
Definitely Tavon Austin. That guy is way overrated.

How is he overrated he has the stats to back it up/

It is widely assumed Austin will be picked in the top 15. I just think that is way too high for an undersized receiver who is going to be abused in the NFL. He is too thin.
somehow i don't want the 9ers to draft Ertz. Bad blocker, T-rex arms
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
The people saying "Jesse Williams" are really confusing me...

YOLO... it's on his face.

Oh, and he doesn't pressure the QB, which means he would be on the field 30-40% of the time. That's even less than our backup TE or Nickelback. Not worth a 1st (or early 2nd) for this team.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
that chick kicker.

no, not Chris Brown.
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 25, 2013 at 6:18 AM ]
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
One last opportunity for people to express their dislike for Margus Hunt ................

Seeing as how most of the people in here don't want him, we'll probably take him and if he does well, they will act like they never doubted him.
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

Me either, get Eifert or wait.
Leon Sandcastle
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:

Me either, get Eifert or wait.

Kelce will do
Share 49ersWebzone