There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

what logic is it to trade up

I'm actually predicting we trade out of the first round to get more pics for next years draft I mean we pic again right away the next day I mean to me our only glaring needs are a Safety and Dline depth which is going to be there I think this is our draft to help to play around and think very long term as well as get our now needs fixed
To me, it's faulty logic, at least making the leap from #31 to the mid-teens or so. Very expensive to get any single player. I could see trading up a few slots to get a guy Harbaugh and Baalke really like. Trading #31 to get another 2nd rounder makes a ton more sense. The best talent pool is arguably between pick #20 -70ish, but I'd extend that to the end of the 3rd rd. Going in with 5 picks in those first 3 rds, I'd love to see Baalke acquire 2-3 more. He could have a field day and come away with 7-8 very talented players and be basically done with the draft. Any leftover picks could be leveraged for the 2014 draft.
Just saw a mock with Ziggy falling to 15. That would give me plenty of logic to trade up to 14...
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bdub2588:
Sorry man but I call BS! Look guy's the Baalke will reach or trade up any time he pleases.. It sets the right tone for the guy they're drafting, that says, "out of all the other teams who could have picked you, who has it better than us?!... Well John does right now " lol no but seriously that's how he works folks mark it down.

Calling BS on what?
Vaccaro
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Vaccaro

Nah. Not special enough to trade up high for.
Man, is this a tough call!

I' guessing we trade #31 to a team looking for QB - we'll get their 2nd and next year's 2-3rd ronder.
Starting to wonder if we could do something crazy in the next 24 hours like include Tarrel Brown in a trade. T. Brown, #31, #128 to the Jets for #13. We still have Culliver, Nmamdi, and Rogers (plus I still think we'd draft a starting-caliber CB in the 1st or 2nd), and we could use the #13 on whichever talent falls (Ansah, Floyd, Star) OR Sheldon Richardson.
Teams are very rarely in our position. We are very loaded with talent and very close to winning a SB. At this point, it only takes a couple of plays in any game to make a difference for us.

We don't need depth, we need difference makers and we have the ammo to get 2 in one draft.

We've done a ton of early drafting on the O side and its paid off but now its time to shore up our D.

FS and DL studs that start for our team could easily make the difference next year if we play say the Falcons again.

Gonna be fun tomorrow night to see what direction we go but I'm pretty sure Trent will have a trick or two or surprise up his sleeve.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Starting to wonder if we could do something crazy in the next 24 hours like include Tarrel Brown in a trade. T. Brown, #31, #128 to the Jets for #13. We still have Culliver, Nmamdi, and Rogers (plus I still think we'd draft a starting-caliber CB in the 1st or 2nd), and we could use the #13 on whichever talent falls (Ansah, Floyd, Star) OR Sheldon Richardson.

I'll be very hesitant trading our most consistent corner
We don't have anywhere near enough room for 15 players on our roster. So might as well get the 4-5 best players we can and figure out which make the team from there.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home