There are 244 users in the forums

NFL.COM FULL MOCK DRAFT!!!!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
I don't see how this draft will put us over the top..

Just my opinion, w/all the picks we have, we need players from this draft that will help us get to the super bowl, instead of players who will sit and learn as we get older overnight..

The "birds and the mountain goats" from our division will all be peaking sooner than expected and we must be wise to use our 13 picks in order to stay ahead of them...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Would absolutely love if they draft fell that way though...highly...highly doubt it though.

Toilolo and Ertz holy potatoes!!!
Barret Jones would be a huge steal in the 5th. Replace Scott with Amerson in the third. Maybe Stepfan Taylor instead of Toilolo since we already took Ertz.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would throw stuff at my TV if the Niners selected Matt Scott over Jamie Collins or Alex Okafor in the 3rd. I dont like Scott or Mathieu at all in rd 3. Also do not like Swearinger over Hayden at 34. This guy must love Stanford TE's for the Niners... not one but 2!

I think this mock is a fail to tell you the truth.

Compared to the 9ers draft last year, this draft is freakin more than satisfying!!!

There's at least 4 guys from that draft that could step right in and help the team.
This is the dumbest draft I've seen. Not a big fan of Swearinger. He's kind of slow. And if Patterson and DJ Hayden are still around and we take Swearinger and Jessee Williams over them I won't like.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would throw stuff at my TV if the Niners selected Matt Scott over Jamie Collins or Alex Okafor in the 3rd. I dont like Scott or Mathieu at all in rd 3. Also do not like Swearinger over Hayden at 34. This guy must love Stanford TE's for the Niners... not one but 2!

I think this mock is a fail to tell you the truth.

Compared to the 9ers draft last year, this draft is freakin more than satisfying!!!

There's at least 4 guys from that draft that could step right in and help the team.

Sure its better than last year. Perhaps the fact that they have double the picks would have something to do with that. Doesnt mean this would be a good draft though. I think the 3rd rd picks are awful and the 2nd rd picks are questionable.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Cordarelle Patterson in the mid second around

LOL!! This guy is probably the best WR in the draft really doubt he falls that far. Shoot if he fell to the 2nd round all bets are off we need to draft him!!!

How in the world does Patterson make it past Houston at 27?? If the Texans draft that T, Texan fans would riot.
Ertz at 61 would be amazing!
Would absolutely love if they draft fell that way though...highly...highly doubt it though.

Toilolo and Ertz holy potatoes!!!

I can totally understand people feeling like we would be passing on great players if the draft goes this way. Hell, I don't want the 9ers passing on Patterson once, let alone twice.

But come on, if I asked you if you wanted this draft for the 9ers without telling who else was on the board you'd take it in a heartbeat.

Two stud TEs and Terence Williams, plus major upgrades on D!?!

Sign me up!
I like some of the picks and don't like others. But hey, his guess is as good as anyone's. it will be interesting to see if some if these guys fall the way he predicted, Reid falls to #62!?!

1 - JW is fine
2 - Swearinger...if he can play FS, ok
2 - No Ertz, instead go Logan Ryan, CB
3 - No Scott, take Kelce even if it means trading up a few slots
3 - No Mathieu, take Da'Rick Rogers
4 - Williams is a good OLB
4 - No T. Williams, I'd go Quissenberry (OL)
5 - No B. Jones, I'd go Duke Williams (SS)

Didn't bother with anything beyond rd 5...any later picks have zero chance of making roster. I know some guys will fall in this draft...but not nearly this many. One of the worst 7-rd mocks I've seen (and I've seen a lot of 'em).
Yep... this is the time where the fans have their preferred prospects in mind and their rigid draft values for most... so chances are, they will be irate and miserable if the draft doesn't go their way. (as if they know better, lolz)

Now speaking as such a fan described...

- I would be disappointed in Jessie Williams there at 31.
- The 2nd rd picks of Swearinger and Ertz would quickly erase the disappointment.
- would dislike the QB pick at 74... give me Poyer or Okafor there.
- I'd be okay with Mathieu at 93.

skipping ahead, Barrett Jones and Sam Montgomery falling to the 5th? just wow...
QB in the 3rd? f**k no
No Offense to anyone but i really hate that mock alot lol Geno Smith in the second round, we draft Matt Scott in the 3rd WTF????
Share 49ersWebzone