LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Rumors about trading up to 14 if DT Richardson is available

I like the idea of trading up for Sheldon. He would solidify the line going forward. But I would do the trade for 1(31) and 2(34). That way we are only giving up 2 picks for 1. Then we could grab DJ Swearinger at #61 and still have both our 3rds, 4ths, and other picks to get our TE (Kelce), CB (Mathieu), WR (Rogers), etc.
knowing Baalke we'll trade up to #13....and we'll trade our #31 and #34 for their 2nd rd pick and a conditional 2014 2nd rder for Tolzien
It also wouldn't shock me if we traded up for Vaccaro. If we did trade up to the middle of the first, I think he, or Richardson would be the target
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM ]
It would shock me if we traded up that high for Vaccaro since I don't see a huge difference between him and the other safeties. If Vaccaro falls to the 20's, then I might see us trading up. It's possible Baalke likes one of those guys a lot more than most of us though.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
It would shock me if we traded up that high for Vaccaro since I don't see a huge difference between him and the other safeties. If Vaccaro falls to the 20's, then I might see us trading up. It's possible Baalke likes one of those guys a lot more than most of us though.

but if he gets past Dallas at 19 or cincy at 21. no team in front of us have a HUGE S need. So there likely wouldn't be a need to trade up.
Originally posted by Jbniner:
I like the idea of trading up for Sheldon. He would solidify the line going forward. But I would do the trade for 1(31) and 2(34). That way we are only giving up 2 picks for 1. Then we could grab DJ Swearinger at #61 and still have both our 3rds, 4ths, and other picks to get our TE (Kelce), CB (Mathieu), WR (Rogers), etc.

i do too, Sheldon is solid and commands a double team.
this thread title is misleading
I'm an advocate of trading back...to gain more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rds. But, if Habaugh and Baalke love a player, and for me that player would have to be Lotulelei, I'd be ok with trading up to get him. Richardson's a very good player, but Star is a game-changer and would elevate our DL from very good to great. Dude is a beast and can play anywhere on the DL.
Originally posted by krizay:

but if he gets past Dallas at 19 or cincy at 21. no team in front of us have a HUGE S need. So there likely wouldn't be a need to trade up.
I dont think he get's past dallas, that secondary is horrible... The added a Cb last year, now they need to add the saftey. Offense is set pretty much
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

I dont think he get's past dallas, that secondary is horrible... The added a Cb last year, now they need to add the saftey. Offense is set pretty much

Rams at 22 should be interested in Vaccaro or Cyprien too. They should draft a WR and S with their first rounders.

I can't imagine him making it to 31 even if he gets past those two teams. Someone else with a need at S would probably trade up to grab him if we didn't. I'm not sure it's worth trading up to 21 to get him in front of the Rams though, especially if there is a good shot Reid or Cyprien fall to 31.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
For 14, Baalke might think about giving up 31 and a late 3rd rd pick, and MAYBE (if he's drunk and feeling generous that day) he'll throw in a bisquit (6th rd pick)...
  • nick
  • Veteran
http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/04/22/49ers-hoping-to-draft-sheldon-richardson/

Niners targeting Sheldon Richardson. I know profootball central is not the most reliable source.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
this thread title is misleading

it's not misleading, its a rumor
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
It doesn't take that much to move up anymore. These draft picks are not worth what they used to be under the new pay scale and CBA.

Uhh what are you talking about? That's the complete opposite of true; high draft picks are worth substantially more now that there's a rookie wage scale. Now that top 5 rookies make $3-$4mil/season instead of $12-$15, the value of anything in the 1'st has skyrocketed. To get Julio Jones at #6 just 2 years ago the Falcons had to give up 2 first rounders, a second rounder, and 2 4'ths. Moving up in the first round is extremely costly with the new CBA.
Share 49ersWebzone