LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 336 users in the forums

Rumors about trading up to 14 if DT Richardson is available

Just out of pure curiosity I saw that from the draft value chart if we trade 31,61,and 74 it is about 7-8 more points that the 14th pick (CAR).

So lets say we make the deal:

14: DT Sheldon Richardson Missouri

At 34, I'm sure Vaccaro, Reid, and Cyprien would be gone, but Matt Elam guys is a great value also. Watching his tape, he is a great tackaler and has good speed and is a ballhawk. I think his coverage skills are better than Goldson as well, b/c i think Goldson is more suited to play SS.

34: S Matt Elam Florida
late 3rd: TE Travis Kelce Cinn
4th: OT Jordan Mills LA Tech
4th: RB Marcus Lattimore South Carolina
  • buck
  • Veteran
This merits a new thread.

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172705-rumor-about-49ers-trying-trade-top/

[ Edited by buck on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Just out of pure curiosity I saw that from the draft value chart if we trade 31,61,and 74 it is about 7-8 more points that the 14th pick (CAR).

So lets say we make the deal:

14: DT Sheldon Richardson Missouri

At 34, I'm sure Vaccaro, Reid, and Cyprien would be gone, but Matt Elam guys is a great value also. Watching his tape, he is a great tackaler and has good speed and is a ballhawk. I think his coverage skills are better than Goldson as well, b/c i think Goldson is more suited to play SS.

34: S Matt Elam Florida
late 3rd: TE Travis Kelce Cinn
4th: OT Jordan Mills LA Tech
4th: RB Marcus Lattimore South Carolina

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

No one in this draft worth trading up for. especially if it means giving up 3 early picks. Your trade has us giving up...(going by mocks just on this board. which I understand isnt the gospel but....)

my mock, this trade up would cost

Jonathan Banks. Philip Thomas, John Jenkins and a 2nd next year.

other mocks

Datone Jones, Vance McDonald and David Amerson

tank carradine, eric reid, travis kelce

jesse williams, da'rick rodgers and bacarri rambo

carradine, reid, patton

reid, da'rick rogers, mathieau

just to post a few. No way Richardson or anybody else is worth more than the combinations listed or just about any other combination not listed. From where we are sitting, trading up in this draft would be senseless
Originally posted by buck:
This merits a new thread.

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/172705-rumor-about-49ers-trying-trade-top/

this is more about a specific pick and the panthers dealing with us
Originally posted by krizay:
BOOOOOOOOOOO!

No one in this draft worth trading up for. especially if it means giving up 3 early picks. Your trade has us giving up...(going by mocks just on this board. which I understand isnt the gospel but....)

other mocks

carradine, reid, patton

just to post a few. No way Richardson or anybody else is worth more than the combinations listed or just about any other combination not listed. From where we are sitting, trading up in this draft would be senseless

This. In order for this trade to be worth it IMO, Sheldon Richardson would have to be JJ Watt. Seriously. We would be giving up guys that are starter material at FS, SS, WR, and TE for a move into the top 15. It's just not worth it. If there are any trades at all, I'd prefer we trade back to pick up even more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Baalke could come out of this draft 5-7 future starters at NT, FS, SS, CB, WR, and TE. No way we jeopardize that for one pick. We need a DE to replace Justin Smith, but there is no need to do it at the expense of missing out on other good players. At the present time, we need a solid rotation more so than a replacement. If we nail the positions I named above, then we will be in position to possibly trade up in 2014 to get the best 3-4DE coming out seeing as how we wouldn't have so many holes to fill in terms of starters or depth.
I don't think Jones will be there at 31 and I'm not sure Carradine will be either (depends on how healthy people think he is and which 40 time was accurate at his workout). Richardson is one of the few guys who might be able to replace Justin Smith eventually and can play 3-4 DE and then move inside in nickle/dime packages, but giving up the 61st and 74th picks is a lot to give up. I'm not sure what point exactly it would make sense to trade up for Richardson, but if he falls much farther than 14, I think the 49ers would have to strongly consider trading up.

If we knew Eric Reid would be available at 61, then I don't think we would do this trade, but I think the odds of Reid being there at the end of the 2nd round are extremely low.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
this is more about a specific pick and the panthers dealing with us

I do not think it warrants a new thread.

But, I am not a moderator. I will leave it up to them.
Best case scenario in my opinion is probably that we trade our 31st pick or our 34th pick to a bad team for a 1st pick next year (and maybe a late pick this year) and luck out and get a top 10 pick which becomes Stephon Tuitt or someone like that. I doubt many bad teams would consider that trade though.
Originally posted by krizay:
BOOOOOOOOOOO!

other mocks

carradine, reid, patton

I agree 100%. If we did trade up to that spot i would be p*ssed. There's nobody worth it. Even though in harbaugh i trust i just wouldn't be able to shake questioning the move.
IMO - giving up WAYYYYYYYYYYY too much.

I do see some VERY worthwhile players falling down - they always do.

If we were to move into the low-mid 20's we could still get a very good player and have other picks.

There are sone VERY good players projected in the 2nd that have enormous potential.

If Baalke does this trade, I'd be completely behind it. Seems like a lot, but honestly, he's they guy I wanted anyway.
Trade should be coming they have too many picks and not enough roster spots.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO - giving up WAYYYYYYYYYYY too much.

I do see some VERY worthwhile players falling down - they always do.

If we were to move into the low-mid 20's we could still get a very good player and have other picks.

There are sone VERY good players projected in the 2nd that have enormous potential.

I would rather take a BEAST than have someone will alot of potential
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, I think we only move up around the 12 to 17 spot is if a certain DL that we want is there..

18 to 24 spot should be the WR or the DB that we like..
It doesn't take that much to move up anymore. These draft picks are not worth what they used to be under the new pay scale and CBA. If the 49ers move up in this draft I don't see how you cant get behind it. I trust Baalke 100% and if he moves up its because he absolutely believes in the guy he wants. If Richardson ends up being a player comparable or close to Justin Smith its worth every pick. If its Carradine and he ends up being a player like Aldon Smith or atleast close its worth every pick. People over value these picks beyond belief. Baalke would not move up for a guy unless he's positive he's going to tear it up. Case in point CK7!!!
Share 49ersWebzone