There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

Sheldon Richardson
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
There is no rumor there. The rumor says they want a DL. The rest is just the writer saying what makes sense to him. Misleading thread title

agreed, everyone now a days has "rumors" and a "inside source"
Trading up is not really a rumour per se, is a high possibility. But, why the top 15 ? May be I am biased, it could be to jump ahead of the WR-hungry gauntlet which most believe will start at pick 16 with the Rams followed by Steelers, Bears, Vikings, Texans or even the Patriots. That should give the 9ers a fairly secured position to select any top WR they see fit.
Kenny Vacarro?
If we move up in to the top 15 ...then we know the front office has their eye on a player they KNOW will be a day 1 starter ....nothing wrong with that ....these guys know what their doing man
#31, #61, #93 for the 15th overall pick.

Kenny Vacarro, Sheldon Richardson, Mingo,
Guarantee we won't move up to the top 15 to get a dl especially with the way r dl plays they just fill gaps we can get those guys in the later rds if they were gna move up it would be for a skill player top 15 would be for Austin... Rams pick 16
Originally posted by Rascal:
Trading up is not really a rumour per se, is a high possibility. But, why the top 15 ? May be I am biased, it could be to jump ahead of the WR-hungry gauntlet which most believe will start at pick 16 with the Rams followed by Steelers, Bears, Vikings, Texans or even the Patriots. That should give the 9ers a fairly secured position to select any top WR they see fit.

Exactly!!!
Yeah, who is so special we'd need to trade up and throw those top picks away? Trading back makes more sense given who we need and how deep this draft is. We need DE, FS, NT, TE, WR, etc. Next year is the year we most likely pick up a first round WR...and I'm sure we'll get another in FA as well. We will get one this year as well but it will be a developmental guy with a ton of upside/great size/measurables, etc.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 22, 2013 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yeah, who is so special we'd need to trade up and throw those top picks away? Trading back makes more sense given who we need and how deep this draft is. We need DE, FS, NT, TE, WR, etc. Next year is the year we most likely pick up a first round WR...and I'm sure we'll get another in FA as well. We will get one this year as well but it will be a developmental guy with a ton of upside/great size/measurables, etc.

Same way I feel. I do not believe no player in the first round is worth trading up for. So much value everywhere between rounds 2-4.
The Niners' thinking might be to jump ahead of either of the Rams' first round picks (16, 22). Anticipating who the Rams might want and taking him first. Perhaps that means Niners will trade up for a safety or even Tavon.
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,471
The rumors are that we will trade up high in the draft to pick a defensive lineman.

The possibilities are Floyd, Ansah, and Richardson.

Moving up that high will cost us an arm and a leg.

Looking at the career sack numbers for these three guys, it does not seem worth it.

Sharrif Floyd 37 games 4.5 sacks

Ezekiel Ansah 31 games 4.5 sacks

Sheldon Richardson 24 games 6 sacks



like many other, i feel that if we move up, it will be for Sheldon Richard or Star Lotulelei. It won't be for a safety or WR.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The Niners' thinking might be to jump ahead of either of the Rams' first round picks (16, 22). Anticipating who the Rams might want and taking him first. Perhaps that means Niners will trade up for a safety or even Tavon.

Why would we trade all the way up to trump the Rams to get a micro-WR? We have a ton of those guys and don't use them in a Harvin-like way under Roman. We could use Williams, Jenkins, James, Hunter, heck, even Manningham out of the Q formation and move them around, all over the field Amendola-style...but we don't. We run a more straight-forward power type offense and as a result (blocking), 3 of these small guys were injured. With the addition of Boldin and Lockette and his run at bigger, taller and more physical CB's (and his own words), Baalke seems to be looking for bigger bodies for a number of reasons.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 22, 2013 at 8:20 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,471
Originally posted by nickbradley:
#31, #61, #93 for the 15th overall pick.

Kenny Vacarro, Sheldon Richardson, Mingo,

We are moving up that high to pick a back-up outside linebacker.

Besides their production is hardly stellar.

Mingo 40 games 15 sacks

Vaccaro 50 games 5 picks

Richardson 24 games 6 sacks.

Give up three picks for these guys. I just can not see it.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home