There are 208 users in the forums

Rumor about 49ers trying to trade to top 15.

Originally posted by 84SheepDog:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
The safety we want will be available in round 2. Phillip Thomas.

Do you think we'll use all of our picks? Where do you see them trading this year?
I have been reading your posts and respect your opinion. That being said, Phillip Thomas speed scares me when I look at the Oregon game. He made some good plays, but mostly he took a lot of bad angles and missed a lot of tackles. I know Oregon is fast and all, but so is the NFL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpiQDhd4CM
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
can ziggy play 34 end? We already have a more polished ziggyand his name is Aldon. Unless we want him to eventually replace Ahmad.

Again, this could be all smoke and mirrors.

&

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Unless we can snag Lotulelei than no.

Agree Lotulelei is dropping a bit, if he drops to the lower teens then go for it, otherwise nay
Originally posted by oregonniner:

Do you think we'll use all of our picks? Where do you see them trading this year?
I have been reading your posts and respect your opinion. That being said, Phillip Thomas speed scares me when I look at the Oregon game. He made some good plays, but mostly he took a lot of bad angles and missed a lot of tackles. I know Oregon is fast and all, but so is the NFL.

Thanks that was interesting to watch. The missed 4th down tackle at 1:55 was pretty bad. Not a great game, and definitely exposed the weaknesses that keep him from being an elite prospect.

I think he's a good fit because the man he's replacing was no burner either, and I like his ball skills on the back end.

Thanks that was interesting to watch. The missed 4th down tackle at 1:55 was pretty bad. Not a great game, and definitely exposed the weaknesses that keep him from being an elite prospect.

I think he's a good fit because the man he's replacing was no burner either, and I like his ball skills on the back end.
Was that a Oregon highlight lol. Dude horrible angles, poor poor tackler, doesn't lead and fallow thru with his shoulder and wraped up, was only trying to make a tackles with his arms. That looked like goldson, only thing that's differen't goldson is a 4.60 to 4.67 time guy, and phillip is faster he's a 4.57 guy. But dang i thought goldson was horrible at the angles and not wraping up but that kid doesn't look much better... Trade up for vaccaro!
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

Was that a Oregon highlight lol. Dude horrible angles, poor poor tackler, doesn't lead and fallow thru with his shoulder and wraped up, was only trying to make a tackles with his arms. That looked like goldson, only thing that's differen't goldson is a 4.60 to 4.67 time guy, and phillip is faster he's a 4.57 guy. But dang i thought goldson was horrible at the angles and not wraping up but that kid doesn't look much better... Trade up for vaccaro!

Rather not trade up for Vaccaro when Reid, Cyprien, or Swearinger can be had at 31 or 34.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRob:
Rather not trade up for Vaccaro when Reid, Cyprien, or Swearinger can be had at 31 or 34.

Your a smart man, Rob.
Originally posted by 49erRob:

Fine. I'll take Reid than, played against better talent in the sec. Swearinger maybe that 40 time is hard to ignore, lol Al davis would trade up to draft Swearinger. lol
Fine. I'll take Reid than, played against better talent in the sec. Swearinger maybe that 40 time is hard to ignore, lol Al davis would trade up to draft Swearinger. lol

didn't Swearinger run slow? The al Davis reference threw me off thought he ran again or something...
How about Bacardi Rambo ? I'll take some of that with a splash of coke anyday !

Originally posted by 5280High:

didn't Swearinger run slow? The al Davis reference threw me off thought he ran again or something...

Yes he ran a slow 40 that was a sarcasim, I don't want him at the top of the second, I'd be willing to take him with the late second rounder. Guys I'd consider in the first round or early second, Vaccaro, Reid, or Cyprien, and Elma, aka Elmo because of that as a possible nick name lol

Yeah, they didn't show him in pass coverage in that video, he did have 8 interceptions. Oregon also runs a hurry up all the time, so people get gassed and the defense can't sub and they look pretty bad. Still, that speed was killing him.
I really think this is smoke-&-mirrors by our FO. If we move up in the draft I think it'll be for a FS and DT - positions that can come in and start day one. Trading up for a guy that might be 35 isn't realistic I don't think. I think our FO is smarter than that.
Is there any chance Sharrif Floyd drops? What if Joeckel/Fisher go 1-2, and the Raiders and Eagles take Dion Jordan and Star... Lions take Ziggy, Lane Johnson goes #6 to a team that traded for him, Cardinals take one of the guards, Bills take Geno, Jets take Mingo and the Titans take the other guard. Could we trade up to #11 or #12 and take Floyd?
If we move into top 15 I think it would be for Kenny vaccaro.
Share 49ersWebzone